• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MidpSSH - SSH client for mobile phones

arctix

Reaction score
MidpSSH is a SSH and Telnet client for J2ME platform (present on most mobile phones and other small mobile devices) written by Karl von Randow and available under GPL. It's based on the programs FloydSSH and Telnet Floyd by Czech, Radek Polak.

Requirements

Just that you have one of the supported-devices [MidpSSH Documentation], computer with public IP and Linux on board (may also be another system such as BSD or Solaris, available shell account* and SSH server).
If you don't know what is SSH, you can read about it there:
Secure Shell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If if you grant above conditions, you can proceed to download and install program - is in the download page MidpSSH | SSH and Telnet client for Mobile devices (MIDP/J2ME). You can also download it from WAP page http://xk72.com/wap.

MIDP Interface

When you run the program it shows us the main menu from which you can choose:
Sessions - to connect to a remote computer. Once you have selected you can set the name of the session, using the public key (so that there is no need to type your password, you first need to generate one), user name, password, type of session (SSH / telnet), and host (address) of the server. If we want improve security, we can't enter password, program will ask us every time when we'll try to connect
Macros - a very useful feature - you can write a macro without connection (macros are commands separated by pressing Enter). When we are connected we can run a macro and quickly disconnect. Another use of this option is no need to write each time difficult commands on uncomfortable phone keyboard.
Settings - and subcategories:
Network - The default settings are enough for proper working;
Interface - You should set filling the entire screen (fullscreen). For phones with large screens can be useful to modify the settings to Landscape orientation, the text will then be displayed side up. Rest unchanged.
Fonts - For 128 × 128 screen is best to change the font to "LCD 5 x 9", the colors can be changed by filling heksadecimal values (as in HTML).
SSH - No changes. Note - I do not know why, but when you change the option "Prefer" to SSH2 program doesn't want to connect to any host.
Restore defaults - restores the default settings:)
About MidpSSH - Short information about the program
Help - Contains a description of how to connect
Quit - Exit program

Of course, You should experiment with the options so that MidpSSH was specifically adapted to your needs and capabilities of your phone.

Installing SSH server

Now when you already configured MidpSSH, you need install SSH server on your computer if you haven't done it before. I leave it for you. For example, on Debian you need to install this package: openssh-server and possibly openssh-client if you need to test something on your computer. Sources and all information about OpenSSH are available here: OpenSSH
However, if you don't have OpenSSH on your distribution repositories (it is very unlikely), you can compile it by yourself from sources.

When the computer is already configured in MidpSSH in Sessions select New, enter the name under which we will have our settings saved, host address, switch type of session to SSH, in the Username enter your user name and in Password - yes, your password ;). The public key can be set to ON.

That's all, I wish you succeeded connections and a good work/fun:)

* There's also version of SSH server for Windows NT/2000/XP, but restrictions on what Microsoft equipped the "Command line" cause that the knowledge from this article may be useless.

All credits goes to: Treadstone for article, author of application and me for translation and posting it there ;)
Article mostly based on: jakilinux.org � MidpSSH — klient SSH w komórce

Back