• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Mod] Mega Hotkeys Development

Arn

Reaction score
Project Goal

Mega Hotkeys is an (open source) OTClient module that will hopefully allow for more flexible control over tibia. It aims to give control over movement and actions (spells and item usage) in the exact same way as the current real tibia flash client. Below is a sample UI that I have created to get this project started.

0aJtX9y.png

Project Hurdles

• The chat box must be made non-responsive at all times, UNLESS a player hits enter, in which case it unlocks. Hitting enter again (with or without text) will lock the chat again. This might be the most challenging hurdle, and I would greatly appreciate any help.
  • Re-creating the new UI. This will be very easy and by looking at the source code for other mods as well as the wiki, I'll be able to handle this myself, no problem. Should have it done within the next week.

Help

I'm more than open to any ideas or suggestions. If you can help me with the chat-locking-feature I'd be very grateful. Stay tuned for updates, and thanks for reading!

Update 6/26/2013
Heres the UI I was able to draft up. This is what it looks like in-game. Going to begin working on functionality now.
You can find the mod here, in-case you want to look at or work with it.
Q0hyiHm.png

Update 6/27/3013

I've been working on adding functionality to the UI that I made yesterday. I now have some basic functionality and a better understanding of how all this works. HUGE THANK YOU to nogenem45 for helping me with the chat issue. This weekend I'll probably have enough time to finish this project, although I'm sure my code is very rough and amateurish.
Link to Mega Hotkeys Module
Link to Modified Console Module
KMhL2sL.png

Update 6/28/2013

Cleaned up a lot of variables and code. Fixed the close button, and added functionality for some minor UI elements. Should be able to finish the entire project on Sat/Sun. So I'm saving a lot of work for when I can sit down and do it in one piece. Heres the updated UI with variable names for anybody who wants to help.
Link to updated mega_hotkeys module.
eZRRhCs.png

Last edited:
You got my like.
This is one of the things that were missing. When you complete it, send a pull request to otclient's github page.

It's fcking great idea men !

- - - Updated - - -

I have bugs, don't show windows and icon on topMenu.
Lua:
== application started at Jun 27 2013 22:30:56
OTClient 0.6.1 rev 1893 (ffcb65f) built on Feb 14 2013 for arch x86
WARNING: Locale 'pl' is missing 66 translations.
WARNING: Locale 'pt' is missing 19 translations.
ERROR: Unable to load module 'game_console': LUA ERROR:
/game_console/console.lua:205: attempt to call method 'blinkTab' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'blinkTab'
	/game_console/console.lua:205: in function 'addTab'
	/game_console/console.lua:83: in function 'init'
	/game_console/console.otmod:8:[@onLoad]:1: in main chunk
	[C]: in function 'ensureModuleLoaded'
	/init.lua:46: in main chunk
Exiting application..
== application started at Jun 27 2013 22:32:06
stack traceback:
ERROR: Unable to send extended opcode 1, extended opcodes are not enabled
ERROR: protected lua call failed: LUA ERROR:
/game_textmessage/textmessage.lua:84: attempt to index field 'game_console' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	/game_textmessage/textmessage.lua:84: in function </game_textmessage/textmessage.lua:71>
/game_textmessage/textmessage.lua:84: attempt to index field 'game_console' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	/game_textmessage/textmessage.lua:84: in function </game_textmessage/textmessage.lua:71>
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
Exiting application..
== application started at Jun 27 2013 22:34:12
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:

Last edited:
Nice job :)

Why don't you create a github? It will make updating very easier, especially with this initial development and several changes everyday.

I decided to scrap the code that I had, because I realized there was a way to make the existing hotkey UI allow for support of movement. I'm creating a new thread with the new mod.

I could just edit the first page of this thread, but then the rest of the comments wouldn't make sense looking through the history.

Last edited:
im trying to set it up for some quite already and yet i cant find a way to bypass it, any idea?

/game_console/console.lua:172: attempt to index global 'serverTab' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/game_console/console.lua:172: in function </game_console/console.lua:145>
ERROR: lua function callback failed: LUA ERROR:
/phiadaria_music/music.lua:172: attempt to index local 'pos' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/phiadaria_music/music.lua:172: in function 'isInPos'
/phiadaria_music/music.lua:188: in function </phiadaria_music/music.lua:180>
/game_textmessage/textmessage.lua:93: attempt to index field 'game_console' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/game_textmessage/textmessage.lua:93: in function </game_textmessage/textmessage.lua:80>
/game_textmessage/textmessage.lua:93: attempt to index field 'game_console' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/game_textmessage/textmessage.lua:93: in function </game_textmessage/textmessage.lua:80>

Back