• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Modal Window Size

arturas008

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to increase ModalWindow size (width) ?

I found out some suggestions to increase characters in Modal message but that doesn't work because message breaks to the next line.

I tried this simple modal How-To Tutorial

And my result is:
ModalWindow.JPG

Also buttons not showing full text. I'm using TFS 1.3 with 12 Client Version

When spaces added text just breaks into another line. It looks like this modal window has fixed width..

View attachment 41345

It doesn't sometimes it feels buggy but i've used space several times to manipulate the windows length... I do not remember what the exactly reasons were to extend with spaces but i do know that it worked out for me i've used several modal windows in-game...

I could even show you if you want?

I have noticed that the message in the window is the one with the priority to increase the size of the window
Lua:
ModalWindow(id, tittle, *message*)
1577365966122.png

I have noticed that the message in the window is the one with the priority to increase the size of the window
Lua:
ModalWindow(id, tittle, *message*)
View attachment 41346

With*message* talkaction not working.

Copied your text into my lua

Lua:
function onSay(player, words, param)
    local window = ModalWindow(1000,"Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test.................","Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test")

window:addButton(100, "Confirm")
    window:addButton(101, "Cancel")

window:addChoice(1, "Test1 Test1 Test1 Test1 Test1 Test1 Test1 Test1 ...")
    window:addChoice(2, "Test2 Test2 Test2 Test2 Test2 Test2 Test2 Test2 ...")
    window:addChoice(3, "Test3 Test3 Test3 Test3 Test3 Test3 Test3 Test3 ...")

window:setDefaultEnterButton(100)
    window:setDefaultEscapeButton(101)

window:sendToPlayer(player)
    return false
end

Still same size Modal Window..

ModalWindow.JPG
Post automatically merged:

Ok i figured out that this problem is caused by client not from a server side.

Last edited:
I am very sorry, I did not notice that it is a tibia client 12 of what you were talking about, I retract my publication.
* I really don't know why the client 12 window does not expand according to the message it contains

Back