• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[ModernAAC] MultiTown?

menfes

Sociopat
Reaction score
Just wondering if multitown is supported in any way, like when you create a character and choose your home town. I can only see one temple position setting in config.php.

The new position is for example, if you want to players to be respawned for the first time for example on some island, after they die they will be respawned in their city. If you don't want it, put the position there to 0,0,7.

You cannot change encryption type, there is only sha1 available, you can do it by hardcoding models.

Thank you very much for the answers. Are you going to implement different encryption types? Because sha1 is really annoying when it comes to decryption and such stuff. I think it's important to be able to decrypt passwords, unfortunately sha1 doesn't allow that.

why do you find it important to decrypt passwords?-.-'
if it just to change the password manually, when you have choosen your password use this command:
Code:
UPDATE accounts SET password=SHA1(password) WHERE id = 1;
(change id = 1) to the id you have change the password at.

Dosen't that encrypt my password?
I'm telling about the reverse action, sha1->plain = not possible, only by guessing. But that sql query is kinda good, didn't know that one yet :p

If somebody has lost their password, you can just pass a command to give them a new password etc 123456.

You have no need to know their existing password. For security reasons, both for the client and the host.

I would not feel comfortable playing your OT knowing that you got access to my password.

And you should feel more comfortable knowing that if you get hacked, the hacker won't know your private password. This is especially good if you use the same password on your GM account as in your email account.

@up
sha1 is working only one way >>encrypt<<. It's impossible to decrypt passwords that has been hashed with sha1 encryption.

@Znote
Ye, actually you are right in that question, never thought about it that way :S.

But still, i think it would be good to have different types of encryption in ModernAac, since you can use different in TFS.

Back