• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Modules

Raggaer

Godly Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Is there any way to compile the .exe and dont let the users create / edit modules and that shit?

thanks

Does the player have any advantage by editing it? I don't think so.

@up
Actually bots, then there's the possibility to adjust settings that custom ots wouldn't like to be edit, like light to mention something, or maybe the Sprites you wouldn't like to be taken off.

go to the point mr. summ can you or can you not.

I need this too, hide the mods and client files (like .spr and .dat) of the custom otclient of my server.

Why people want to hide their files? The main advantage of keeping everything open-source is that eveyone can contribute and create something better. More people = faster development. BTW there's no way to make files 100% secured. .Dat and .Spr can be edited easily, aren't them? Now look at most of the other games, nearly every file security system has been broken.

If someone will want to steal your sprites, or anything else he will find a way. Making screenshots for example.

I want to hide the codes of new menus of my otclient, in the /mods directory.

Its important because of boting. Having the scripting features opened for the public is asking to have some type of bot for you game.

I know it would be hardly available, but if there was an option to hide those folders, they are seeking a. Rar or otherwise and would prevent much BOTS and protect against possible cheating in the game ...

Just enable bot protection when compiling..

This would apply only to external bots, if built with some MODS would be free (so much so that there is only done for MODS)

Not sure what you are talking about, but the bot protection focuses on preventing bots done by mods.

@ sn3ejk is that how you would explain the functioning since searched and goes nowhere ^ ^

@ Topic
It would be the most security I can hide the MODS / MODULES, both for those who do not want the creation of Bots, both for those who want to have their MODS preserved ....

If you want no bots, enable bot protection..
If you want to hide / secure them somehow find a way and do it, it is open source..

I see, so would like to know some way to go for this, eg what methods can be used,
since you guys have more experience with OTClient than I can understand that a bit and shorten the walk ...

Perhaps write a hashing algorithm and an application that'd encrypt all your mods and the client itself would decrypt them after loading/before executing buffer. Alternatively replace archived mod loading with some other library than physfs and load your modules from a password protected archive.

Search on google for molebox.

Back