• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Monthly reward for contributing people.

Luffy

giraffe
Reaction score
The title might not exactly be what you think.
The idea is basically that people who the month x contributed a lot.
These contribtions can be a released map or script, or just a tutorial, but ofcourse it should be a decent contribution, not just something everyone can do in a few minutes.

I suggest the reward is premium or points and that at x amount of points you can have premium.

Why? It's been discussed enough that Open-Tibia isn't as OPEN as before,
why not take action and reward people who have been contributing a lot.

Perfect incentive to save and rebuild a community!! Maybe have a "contributor of the month" and like 3 points and they get prem for a month!

Great idea!

Signed.

i like the idea but how would the winner be decided? :eek:
having a public poll would be too easily abusable and even having the mods vote on one is still pretty easily corruptible imo

but yeah i hope you could come up with something :p

i like the idea but how would the winner be decided? :eek:
having a public poll would be too easily abusable and even having the mods vote on one is still pretty easily corruptible imo

but yeah i hope you could come up with something :p

There will not only be 1 winner every month, there can be 0-100 winners. The moderator taking care of this would give premium to those members who deserve it - else it would end up like a contest and people would say "My release was better!".

Let talaturen choose. If he feels someone has contributed much, he can choose.

Then in the staff board. Restrict it for non mod winners, and let them come to an agreement. :)

I like it, but its hard to judge how good something is, especially when comparing different stuff like maps and scripts

But I like the idea, it just requires some more details :p

We're already giving permanent premium to users who are contributing a lot, it's just not announced anywhere because I don't want people to do it just to get premium but I want to see that they actually care about the open community. I won't list everyone who has received it here and for which reason, but I can name a few: Cykotitan, Diath (Chojrak), Fallen, The Forgotten Server developers, and a few OpenTibia developers. We have plans on restricting the marketplace board further, and with that change we might make something like this official.

My question though talaturen, why only just programmers/scripters? Why not the mappers, people who help with other basic stuff, picture editors and those people too?

What the previous poster said, is it possible for mappers to recieve premium too? You also said that you have given out permanent premium to these members, maybe smaller contributions could be rewarded with 3 months of premium or even less.

My question though talaturen, why only just programmers/scripters? Why not the mappers, people who help with other basic stuff, picture editors and those people too?

It's not just for programming/scripting. Some have received it for other things than just programming or scripting, and I have yet to see someone share a good map in Downloads -> Maps though, most decent mappers keep it to themselves, use it in a team project or just post screenshots to show off. Anyway, I'm not discussing it further here because I don't plan on revealing more than I already have said. I just wanted people to know that people are already being rewarded for extraordinary contributions to the open community, and that we have plans on posting something official about this in the future.

It's not just for programming/scripting. Some have received it for other things than just programming or scripting, and I have yet to see someone share a good map in Downloads -> Maps though, most decent mappers keep it to themselves, use it in a team project or just post screenshots to show off. Anyway, I'm not discussing it further here because I don't plan on revealing more than I already have said. I just wanted people to know that people are already being rewarded for extraordinary contributions to the open community, and that we have plans on posting something official about this in the future.
ahaha I've always hated how some of the best mappers on otland don't really share much of their great stuff :p

ahaha I've always hated how some of the best mappers on otland don't really share much of their great stuff :p

True... I'd get back into mapping if I had a good enough computer/laptop but sadly enough I'm too poor atm.

I suppose a great script by a great scripter can be done fairly quickly in comparrasion to a great mapper with a great map. It could take like a year for a decent completed custom map so that's why it doesn't get released!

People like scripters on the otherhand can offer loads of support quickly.. E.g evan! I have seen alot of his activity and it is always providing support to others..

I suppose a great script by a great scripter can be done fairly quickly in comparrasion to a great mapper with a great map. It could take like a year for a decent completed custom map so that's why it doesn't get released!

People like scripters on the otherhand can offer loads of support quickly.. E.g evan! I have seen alot of his activity and it is always providing support to others..

What about those who need photoshop help, computer help, or just simple "What does this mean"/"How to fix this?" help? The people help them alot too, not just scripters but your everyday loyal OTlanders.

Thus far, we have concluded that:
*it will be hard to keep track of who earned something and who not
*it'll be definitely hard to decide who would win something
*these kind of prizes have already been (unofficialy) given away before.
*there's a big difference between releasing a script and a map, should be thought about
*this idea will become more 'official' in the future

k00l

Sadbut true, but who would like the same map over and over, every where, there is where is lost the magic.
you can have the same systems(Script/Porgram) but with a different cover, and it would matter, as much as i hate saying this mapping is all about imagination, and your own form of showing how you see the world, its hard to explain.

@talaturen
actually Neon did release some epic mapping pieces lol,and i believe a full map.

Back