• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving forward

OTLand is an open-source community, and there is nothing wrong with the people who run servers and make money from that, running a server is not essentially free and takes a lot of effort. The problem is when people use free resources such as The Forgotten Server and don't give anything back to the community -- or even worse, try to sell the resources they create.

We need to start working together to move forward. I've been working on The Forgotten Server for free for over 6 years and I've never asked anyone to pay me for a copy. When I see people fork my project, add something to it and sell their additions it demotivates me from continuing to share my improvements to the engine for free.

I'm not going to be nice and expect people to understand what an open-source community is anymore, as of today, I'm closing down the Marketplace board and making it illegal to sell OpenTibia resources on OTLand. If you're in an open-source community to make money, you're at the wrong place. It is still OK to charge for hosting services, and advertising such services should be done in the Jobs forum. Advertising websites where you can buy or sell OpenTibia resources will not be tolerated.

The best way to move forward is by doing it together, and therefore it is important that we help all the newcomers with their questions in hope that they will learn and contribute to the community. The support team has done a good job with that, but there will always be room for improvement. If you cannot contribute with codes or scripts, at least contribute by helping out the newbies in the community!

To encourage developers and end-users of the OpenTibia software to contribute more, I've also closed down the private subversion in favor of an open GitHub repository. While this may result in less donations to OTLand because many were paying for a premium subscription with the intention to get private subversion access rather than supporting OTLand, I will do my best to keep OTLand ad free.

Watch and fork The Forgotten Server at GitHub! If you have made any changes that you feel should be in the official repository, create a pull request.

even if u provide fully working tibia 11 with no bugs it probably wont be merged because apparently now tfs is made for otclient despite most players not liking it UNLESS the otclient has been improved alot since the default one is very bad. so u need make sure it works together with otclient too just look marks last comments here
Optimized Pathfinding by Flatlander57 · Pull Request #2464 · otland/forgottenserver
its better just to make a new git because changes dont get added to current forgottenserver unless its 100% perfect and maybe people could start using the new one instead of forgottenserver
You mean OTX?

Dude OTX is a messy proyect which doesnt test the eficiency of the resourses, they just work on efectivity. No one wouldnt add a system which uses 50% of cpu ussage, even if it is efective.
My point is that TFS is what it is because of @Mark way of doing it. What @Ahilphino described, is what OTX did and the issues that cames up with it you pointed out.

To push protocol forward, you need to push OTClient protocol forward, because TFS is meant to work with OTClient.

My point is that TFS is what it is because of @Mark way of doing it. What @Ahilphino described, is what OTX did and the issues that cames up with it you pointed out.

To push protocol forward, you need to push OTClient protocol forward, because TFS is meant to work with OTClient.

I agree with that, sadly I am not going to work on OTClient yet. First I am waiting to develop a technology which allows me to have multiple worlds on different hosts.

For now I am just able to have multiple worlds on localhost, so this is a challenge.

After doing this, I am planning to invest in advertisement in order to fill all worlds which will offer retro pvp, retro hardcore pvp and one or both clients 10 and 11. This will allow me to earn more money to keep investing on developing better and new systems.

Therefore, after this project is done, I will be able to work along with OTClient which I am planning to make it work on android, windows and iphone Operating Systems.

Why? Cause I have unique ideas to modify on the client, and I think it is time to move on, and say good bye to CipSoft game.

Thank you Mark, that is one reason i have been gone so long, people take what you make and call it their work, and then try and sell it. Also they call your work crap, release a version they spend 15 minites creating. With so many errors and the community calls it good job. I spent months updateing Roxor server and was called crap. I got tired of all the hours and no recognition for the work. Sent from the mobile client - Forum Talker

I wish Mark was here to guide us with tfs repo quality and direction again. In 2013 he already knew things we begin to notice now, but we were either too ignorant about it or lacked knowledge to cooperate. Now, when it is the time people begin to understand his manifesto and starting to change, tfs repo is stuck with unresolved pull requests and no clear direction.

This thread was here for so long, overlooked until critical point, waiting to be necro'd by a random offtoper/troll (the troll comment was removed already btw) in a time when we wake up to serve us as a message from the past that gained even more relevance now.

Last edited:
I was here when this thread was born and completely understood Tala's mindset.

Unfortunately, I was torn away from here by unrelenting forces of life. I finally returned.... to a state of many many problems. I will gladly help restore order to the community that saved me from a terrible fate, as OTs were my bridge away from a very dangerous underworld career into the land of Linux and coding.

I am only but a single person, and I've already assigned myself the task of porting RME to QT, because that was the first "showstopper" problem I encountered for my needs of resurrecting my old server.

The bug that breaks RME on Linux is at least 4 years old, if not older. Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that GTK is dungheap. I've reaffirmed that conclusion time and time again. wxWidgets is just a frebreezed padded armor of dryer sheets over the top of that dungheap. This bug going on this long unresolved is just a symptom of that obfuscated problem. Additionally wxWidgets means 2 layers between the program and the OS.

The state of the TFS repo seems not that chaotic to me. It really only looks like about 5 weeks of work to bring to order. One critical missing piece is an additional mainline thread, a 1.4-staging branch, for PRs that are really 1.4 targets and are out of scope for the 1.3 master, because you don't want that work lost and asking people to come back later is invariably a terrible idea. But it will be a while before I can help you in earnest, because context switching for me is costly and I need a working mapper urgently.

I was here when this thread was born and completely understood Tala's mindset.

Unfortunately, I was torn away from here by unrelenting forces of life. I finally returned.... to a state of many many problems. I will gladly help restore order to the community that saved me from a terrible fate, as OTs were my bridge away from a very dangerous underworld career into the land of Linux and coding.

I am only but a single person, and I've already assigned myself the task of porting RME to QT, because that was the first "showstopper" problem I encountered for my needs of resurrecting my old server.

The bug that breaks RME on Linux is at least 4 years old, if not older. Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that GTK is dungheap. I've reaffirmed that conclusion time and time again. wxWidgets is just a frebreezed padded armor of dryer sheets over the top of that dungheap. This bug going on this long unresolved is just a symptom of that obfuscated problem. Additionally wxWidgets means 2 layers between the program and the OS.

The state of the TFS repo seems not that chaotic to me. It really only looks like about 5 weeks of work to bring to order. One critical missing piece is an additional mainline thread, a 1.4-staging branch, for PRs that are really 1.4 targets and are out of scope for the 1.3 master, because you don't want that work lost and asking people to come back later is invariably a terrible idea. But it will be a while before I can help you in earnest, because context switching for me is costly and I need a working mapper urgently.

❤ Nice to hear that, we need more active developers, im front-end developer , now i'm learning some c++ to contribute to this great community.2
@Lessaire 🍻

Dude OTX is a messy proyect which doesnt test the eficiency of the resourses, they just work on efectivity. No one wouldnt add a system which uses 50% of cpu ussage, even if it is efective.
and intentional exploitation of the code :)

Back