• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving forward

OTLand is an open-source community, and there is nothing wrong with the people who run servers and make money from that, running a server is not essentially free and takes a lot of effort. The problem is when people use free resources such as The Forgotten Server and don't give anything back to the community -- or even worse, try to sell the resources they create.

We need to start working together to move forward. I've been working on The Forgotten Server for free for over 6 years and I've never asked anyone to pay me for a copy. When I see people fork my project, add something to it and sell their additions it demotivates me from continuing to share my improvements to the engine for free.

I'm not going to be nice and expect people to understand what an open-source community is anymore, as of today, I'm closing down the Marketplace board and making it illegal to sell OpenTibia resources on OTLand. If you're in an open-source community to make money, you're at the wrong place. It is still OK to charge for hosting services, and advertising such services should be done in the Jobs forum. Advertising websites where you can buy or sell OpenTibia resources will not be tolerated.

The best way to move forward is by doing it together, and therefore it is important that we help all the newcomers with their questions in hope that they will learn and contribute to the community. The support team has done a good job with that, but there will always be room for improvement. If you cannot contribute with codes or scripts, at least contribute by helping out the newbies in the community!

To encourage developers and end-users of the OpenTibia software to contribute more, I've also closed down the private subversion in favor of an open GitHub repository. While this may result in less donations to OTLand because many were paying for a premium subscription with the intention to get private subversion access rather than supporting OTLand, I will do my best to keep OTLand ad free.

Watch and fork The Forgotten Server at GitHub! If you have made any changes that you feel should be in the official repository, create a pull request.

Are you retarded? :/

9 Euros isn't too much if you want earn money from this stable source ;)

Hm becous i dont have money i need pay in SMS for 3 euro for 1,5
month.And Mark not give SMS system.Otland is wery good page but more people not have money.

Hm becous i dont have money i need pay in SMS for 3 euro for 1,5
month.And Mark not give SMS system.Otland is wery good page but more people not have money.
people DO have money
there are just too few payment methods (not everyone has paypal/card to assign)

people DO have money
there are just too few payment methods (not everyone has paypal/card to assign)
wow you just reminded me that OTLand accepts monetary support

few bucks rly ain't a big deal idd, OTland community has given far more to me xD

I'm sorry but this is silly, how do you plan on keeping this site alive? You need all these people who used to sell shit on here. I know trying to keep this community open and pure is a noble plan but nobility don't pay bills man. Money talks, and this being (for a big part) a discussion forum, and the OT scene becoming more and more deserted, y'all could use some talking. Deal with them in the right way instead of depriving them, and yourselves, of any income.

I'm sorry but this is silly, how do you plan on keeping this site alive? You need all these people who used to sell shit on here. I know trying to keep this community open and pure is a noble plan but nobility don't pay bills man. Money talks, and this being (for a big part) a discussion forum, and the OT scene becoming more and more deserted, y'all could use some talking. Deal with them in the right way instead of depriving them, and yourselves, of any income.
income? huh?

Are you all paying for this from your own pockets? I mean, not that I have something against it, but isn't that expensive?
not really
a rough guess would be $100 a month? because of storage only

There is a lot of premium members, so they are supporting otland.

@Mark
Any comment on new era of tibia? Client 11?

OTLands expenses are mostly covered by donations that we receive from premium users.

@Kuzyn No, OTClient should be preferred as it makes OT more independent and lowers the barriers for innovation.

OTLands expenses are mostly covered by donations that we receive from premium users.

@Kuzyn No, OTClient should be preferred as it makes OT more independent and lowers the barriers for innovation.
What about TFS? Do you plan to add new features, monsters, items etc. to it?

wow. I'm delighted to see some useful improvements on source.

I don't really keep my source up date too often as I don't rly see any reason why I should do that, but today wanted to fiddle with it and though I might aswell do it on latest source.
Since I document all my source changes, I had to go trough all of them to make it "compatible" with my server. But noticed that some of the changes are already implemented on latest source and even cooler is that I noticed that the toCylinder and fromCylinder is added to onMoveEvent() :D

Even though I sometimes feel like most some issues being ignored, I'm happy to see TFS keeps getting better.

Even though I sometimes feel like most some issues being ignored, I'm happy to see TFS keeps getting better.

Ignored by who? The point of having the project on GitHub is so that we can all work together on it. No specific person is obliged to deal with any issue. You're just as welcome to work on any issue as anyone else. Unfortunately some pull requests are stalled due to stability and quality concerns with them, and some have been stalled because we don't want to introduce certain changes right before the 1.2 release, which is long overdue now, but if you submit a pull request and don't bundle lots of unrelated changes into the same PR it should be merged within a few days. You're also welcome to help review pull requests by commenting on them if the change works as intended or if it's causing problems.

Ignored by who? The point of having the project on GitHub is so that we can all work together on it. No specific person is obliged to deal with any issue. You're just as welcome to work on any issue as anyone else. Unfortunately some pull requests are stalled due to stability and quality concerns with them, and some have been stalled because we don't want to introduce certain changes right before the 1.2 release, which is long overdue now, but if you submit a pull request and don't bundle lots of unrelated changes into the same PR it should be merged within a few days. You're also welcome to help review pull requests by commenting on them if the change works as intended or if it's causing problems.
"Ignore" wasn't the best choice of words there. But it does feel like some of the requests or issues have been pushed forward to later date over and over again, but now that you stated that some have been delayed. It means their time might actually come.

From top of my head can't really remember what requests or issues have been delayed over and over again, but I do know there has been quite a few stalled over the year.
(actually, has the the create party function added to luascript.cpp? Just remembered this one xD)

I don't visit Github that often, but when I do, most of the I can't really help with the issues as they relate to C++, and I simply do things with Lua.
I open it up and checking issues there when I myself find problem where I think the only solution is source change.

Secondly I don't use TFS data folder, nor know or care about tibia changes to contribute for that either.

No clue how to review anything and if you mean testing the c++ changes, then I compile server like twice a year xD

But it does feel like some of the requests or issues have been pushed forward to later date over and over again,
I'm pretty sure they prioritize the most the most useful changes and most stable one. As i've seen on Github all the pullrequests gets added eventually.

Like I remember when people "spammed" getting 10.9x on TFS 1.2. Now it's here, same with other features.

Hello fellow Tibians o/

Im brand new here, after trying out tibia today the first time after 5y+ and beeing disappointed i ended up here. From what I've seen here today this looks like a great forum, with a great project and an amazing community that helps each other.
I've never seen those sellers (in here), but banning that Mark is the way to keep this place the way it is. Thanks for all your work - hopefully ill be able to contribute one day :)

Watch and fork The Forgotten Server at GitHub! If you have made any changes that you feel should be in the official repository, create a pull request.

@Mark my server is mtibia, and I have been working on it for over a year. Currently invested over 10,000 US by paying different programmers, mappers, hosts, etc etc etc and I am willing to share a few things to the public, like I have been doing in the last weeks.

I have been digging the pull request, and there are lot of interesting things, some of them not finished, and others which are really cool.

I would like to share a huge part of my work, but I will not be happy with just a pull, what I am asking here is a "merge of the pulls done". Is this possible today, or it will just be a "pull" more there?

PS: I have all features working till client 11, just missing some details on Drop Tracker. Everything else, works like intented.

I have been digging the pull request, and there are lot of interesting things, some of them not finished, and others which are really cool.
I would like to share a huge part of my work, but I will not be happy with just a pull, what I am asking here is a "merge of the pulls done". Is this possible today, or it will just be a "pull" more there?

Pull requests that are ready to be merged are typically merged. Most of the ones that are not being merged are abandoned or not "ready" by their quality. If yours are indeed worthy merging, they will be merged. But nobody can promise you that before you open the actual PR.

even if u provide fully working tibia 11 with no bugs it probably wont be merged because apparently now tfs is made for otclient despite most players not liking it UNLESS the otclient has been improved alot since the default one is very bad. so u need make sure it works together with otclient too just look marks last comments here
Optimized Pathfinding by Flatlander57 · Pull Request #2464 · otland/forgottenserver
its better just to make a new git because changes dont get added to current forgottenserver unless its 100% perfect and maybe people could start using the new one instead of forgottenserver

even if u provide fully working tibia 11 with no bugs it probably wont be merged because apparently now tfs is made for otclient despite most players not liking it UNLESS the otclient has been improved alot since the default one is very bad. so u need make sure it works together with otclient too just look marks last comments here
Optimized Pathfinding by Flatlander57 · Pull Request #2464 · otland/forgottenserver
its better just to make a new git because changes dont get added to current forgottenserver unless its 100% perfect and maybe people could start using the new one instead of forgottenserver

I already got a Github repo but it is private, bit I am not planning to expose enterily yet, cause I want a slow merge, so everyone who wants can add improvements.

My project consider in the future use OTClient, also a Mobile App of OTClient and say bye bye to CipSoft game.

Back