• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving forward

OTLand is an open-source community, and there is nothing wrong with the people who run servers and make money from that, running a server is not essentially free and takes a lot of effort. The problem is when people use free resources such as The Forgotten Server and don't give anything back to the community -- or even worse, try to sell the resources they create.

We need to start working together to move forward. I've been working on The Forgotten Server for free for over 6 years and I've never asked anyone to pay me for a copy. When I see people fork my project, add something to it and sell their additions it demotivates me from continuing to share my improvements to the engine for free.

I'm not going to be nice and expect people to understand what an open-source community is anymore, as of today, I'm closing down the Marketplace board and making it illegal to sell OpenTibia resources on OTLand. If you're in an open-source community to make money, you're at the wrong place. It is still OK to charge for hosting services, and advertising such services should be done in the Jobs forum. Advertising websites where you can buy or sell OpenTibia resources will not be tolerated.

The best way to move forward is by doing it together, and therefore it is important that we help all the newcomers with their questions in hope that they will learn and contribute to the community. The support team has done a good job with that, but there will always be room for improvement. If you cannot contribute with codes or scripts, at least contribute by helping out the newbies in the community!

To encourage developers and end-users of the OpenTibia software to contribute more, I've also closed down the private subversion in favor of an open GitHub repository. While this may result in less donations to OTLand because many were paying for a premium subscription with the intention to get private subversion access rather than supporting OTLand, I will do my best to keep OTLand ad free.

Watch and fork The Forgotten Server at GitHub! If you have made any changes that you feel should be in the official repository, create a pull request.

So now we can just wait for another forum :) Many people will not stay here without marketplace.

By selling open tibia content you also include services such as "setup OTS in linux 5$ !"?

And what are "Points" below "Likes" in the main page?
That's selling a service, much like selling an hosting service, so I believe that'll be fine in the Jobs Section

So now we can just wait for another forum :) Many people will not stay here without marketplace.
if they were here only because of the marketplace, then good riddance :p

Dont think alot of people were here for the marketplace. Didnt see much activity there anyway

Finally. It's time to change OpenTibia for good. I hope it's not too late.
I'll do my best to contribute to TFS repo on Github as Faith2531.

Could you please chance back to the old layout or atleast something else then the current one? Think I just got eye cancer.

This was a really good step into a better future.
I do not recall how often I've said that keeping the sources just for Donors will make it worse for Dev's.
I'm all for it and you can be sure to get as much support as you need to get from me :)

Kind Regards, Evil Hero.

Also, bring back the latest posts sidebar and the thing that keeps people from double posting within 24hrs ploz Tala! <3

I like the new layout and of course the new concept of the entire OT-Community. However if you guys (admins) have trouble getting along with a new layout, for me the most important thing is to see a difference on stickied threads and ordinary threads (perhaps a darker colour on the sticky tables) just to make them separated as it was before. Also I would like the new layout to be more marking with the threads. If we look at a board as a table, I'd like the cells to be more framed with a border, not a heavy one but at least something that makes it all look more "organized". At the moment everything is floating without borders.

Perhaps it's just a thing I will have to get used to, but if you're anyways going to update the layout, that is my feedback! Good work and other than that I love XenForo.

that thing was bullshit. It kept people from having an active lifethread.
Negatron, I actually liked it especially since either:
A) You edited your post
B) You got your second post deleted and recieved a warning/infrac

Negatron, I actually liked it especially since either:
A) You edited your post
B) You got your second post deleted and recieved a warning/infrac

So what? The 24 hour bump rule shouldn't apply in the screenshot board and that thing shouldn't either (if added), like I said, it was complete bs.

Well either way, with this entire new forum what I'm liking most is the new way to moderate things works, moderation queues etc, we're actually notified of new posts awaiting moderation.

So what? The 24 hour bump rule shouldn't apply in the screenshot board and that thing shouldn't either (if added), like I said, it was complete bs.
It's gotta be uniformal, like in the military, if one person fucks up, everyone is accountable for his actions. ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT HOOYAH!

Back