• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving forward

OTLand is an open-source community, and there is nothing wrong with the people who run servers and make money from that, running a server is not essentially free and takes a lot of effort. The problem is when people use free resources such as The Forgotten Server and don't give anything back to the community -- or even worse, try to sell the resources they create.

We need to start working together to move forward. I've been working on The Forgotten Server for free for over 6 years and I've never asked anyone to pay me for a copy. When I see people fork my project, add something to it and sell their additions it demotivates me from continuing to share my improvements to the engine for free.

I'm not going to be nice and expect people to understand what an open-source community is anymore, as of today, I'm closing down the Marketplace board and making it illegal to sell OpenTibia resources on OTLand. If you're in an open-source community to make money, you're at the wrong place. It is still OK to charge for hosting services, and advertising such services should be done in the Jobs forum. Advertising websites where you can buy or sell OpenTibia resources will not be tolerated.

The best way to move forward is by doing it together, and therefore it is important that we help all the newcomers with their questions in hope that they will learn and contribute to the community. The support team has done a good job with that, but there will always be room for improvement. If you cannot contribute with codes or scripts, at least contribute by helping out the newbies in the community!

To encourage developers and end-users of the OpenTibia software to contribute more, I've also closed down the private subversion in favor of an open GitHub repository. While this may result in less donations to OTLand because many were paying for a premium subscription with the intention to get private subversion access rather than supporting OTLand, I will do my best to keep OTLand ad free.

Watch and fork The Forgotten Server at GitHub! If you have made any changes that you feel should be in the official repository, create a pull request.

It's gotta be uniformal, like in the military, if one person fucks up, everyone is accountable for his actions. ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT HOOYAH!

No, just dont apply the rule or that 'thing' in the screenshots board. I was going to propose this earlier but I read Peroxide's comment about moving to XenForo and that there will be no forum changes until then.

No, just dont apply the rule or that 'thing' in the screenshots board. I was going to propose this earlier but I read Peroxide's comment about moving to XenForo and that there will be no forum changes until then.
Wait, till when?

Sadly closing the marketplace in my opinion will lower OtLands traffic, most people are only here for Shadowcores, or to purchase OpenTibia resources, in my opinion there are far to few people willing to share their efforts with OpenTibia, and now that the marketplace is closed, they may be pushed farther away from OtLand.

I know that this is suppose to help users contribute things to each other, but people are selfish, and most of the time not willing to put time and effort into something they can't sell, very few at least will do this, Mark was an exception.

I think this has limited a lot of users, those who do not play shadowcores and are here for a different reason (possibly the marketplace) now closed, have no reason to be here. Me personally, I dislike the Twiftysoft board, mainly because of the amount of spam it creates, from players on the server, bringing their guildwar/enemy attitude to the community of OtLand.

But that's just my opinion in thinking it may drive people away from OtLand, looking to sell their efforts elsewhere.

so where is the svn corner?

cuz i was thinking to buy premium to get a premium TFS where can i access it?

or what is the new update mean?

so where is the svn corner?

cuz i was thinking to buy premium to get a premium TFS where can i access it?

or what is the new update mean?

Damn what the hell happened to the Forum? Hope these are not permanent changes cuz I really dislike it compared to the old version >.>

As someone who has never sold or bought anything in OpenTibia, I'm proud to have contributed as much free stuff as I possibly can; name it scripts, tutorials, support, ect.
I don't plan on stopping, something about creating tutorials and helping people is really addicting (in a good way, I assume).

And for the forum, it may look different for now, but I sure can adapt to the changes.

Thank you for the update, I lost my password of Sentielo + the email adress of it, haha. My problem, I know. I hope any of the mods is able to give my account back.
Well behind the fact that I like the old web layout more, because it was simple in use and clean looking. I hope this site will be the same. I now miss a button "new posts", where we get an overview of the recent updated posts. Hope this one will be added fast. The websits is also be to bright imo. Furthermore I like it somehow.
I really love that you guys did drop the market place, it really fucked the forum up. I hope we finally can be a normal community again, with lot's of shared scripts/distro's/etc. etc.
I want to work on my monsterpack again for the public, BUT I first need somebody who can restore a python script for me. Hope somebody will PM me with PY knowledge, so me and the helper will share our first monster folder to the community.

Last edited:
Umm, I agree with everything pointed out, but if you want to sell for example a tibia account, or buy one.. where would you?

What about the premium users? Will you wait 3 months and then just remove the group?
@Mark

What about the premium users? Will you wait 3 months and then just remove the group?
@Mark

You can still purchase premium, but you will no longer gain the benefit of accessing the private svn iirc. He also removed the possibility of purchasing premium for more than 3 months(you could buy 1 & 3 years I think).

First of all, I'd like to thank the whole TFS team for their effort and contribution, without them, all of this would be impossible, and second of all, I'm really glad OTLand is back, I was really anxious about what is going to happen now. I kinda dislike the theme, but it's been a relief when I read it's gonna be changed. But either way, with this theme or some other one, I'm glad it's back and I hope we can all recover quickly from what happened.

I try to contribute as much as my free time allows me, lately at least with some eye-candy, but I will never approve of this being a marketplace rather than a teamwork based community. I love you all <3 (except for amiroslo, that guy sucks lol)

I would just like to say that I have had so much fun working with OT Serv for so long. Back in the day it was quite rough dealing with all the assholes that would crash your server with small bugs that were found, it really made it hard to develop anything fun. You guys have put so much into TFS and ever since I started using it back in 8.2 it has been so much less frustrating. Today we have a solid base to start any type of server we desire and we can put 100% effort into making it as fun as possible because you guys have made such solid bug-free(as can be) server. You know you have done something right when the question is "how do I get my hands on enough bandwidth to combat the average DDoS attack" rather than "how can I fix server crashes caused by party bug! (old school nostalgia right there!)". At any rate, my other account has been premium on here for the past 2-3 years even though I only host 8.6 and have not needed premium since day 1. And even if there is no benefit to premium (server-wise) the account will remain premium so long as I am using TFS.

TLDR:
Have been premium for 2-3 years (on my hosts account) and will remain premium until I quit tibia. Thank you so much for what you have done for the OT community. You deserve every penny you get. I really hope people continue to donate, I would hate to see this forum end up like the other... you know what I'm talking about.

P.S.
08:55 Uptime: 853 hours and 15 minutes.
Long live TFS!

Sorry dude, but I have never seen more retarded person than you. Your arguments are the most stupid things I heard.

_
Regards,
sn3ejk
Read this:
http://otland.net/threads/security-breach-and-moving-to-xenforo.198836/

The forum creation was rushed to get OTLand back online.
Improvements and modifications will come as time goes by.
The private SVN is gone because it is now freely available on GitHub.

He is trolling you guys, but I'm sure there's alot of people who isn't trolling :p

This is a step forward, and everyone crying that otland won't have people because all the people came here for marketplace etc. WHO CARES? why do we want them here? By the way the layout will be changed.

Back