• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving forward

OTLand is an open-source community, and there is nothing wrong with the people who run servers and make money from that, running a server is not essentially free and takes a lot of effort. The problem is when people use free resources such as The Forgotten Server and don't give anything back to the community -- or even worse, try to sell the resources they create.

We need to start working together to move forward. I've been working on The Forgotten Server for free for over 6 years and I've never asked anyone to pay me for a copy. When I see people fork my project, add something to it and sell their additions it demotivates me from continuing to share my improvements to the engine for free.

I'm not going to be nice and expect people to understand what an open-source community is anymore, as of today, I'm closing down the Marketplace board and making it illegal to sell OpenTibia resources on OTLand. If you're in an open-source community to make money, you're at the wrong place. It is still OK to charge for hosting services, and advertising such services should be done in the Jobs forum. Advertising websites where you can buy or sell OpenTibia resources will not be tolerated.

The best way to move forward is by doing it together, and therefore it is important that we help all the newcomers with their questions in hope that they will learn and contribute to the community. The support team has done a good job with that, but there will always be room for improvement. If you cannot contribute with codes or scripts, at least contribute by helping out the newbies in the community!

To encourage developers and end-users of the OpenTibia software to contribute more, I've also closed down the private subversion in favor of an open GitHub repository. While this may result in less donations to OTLand because many were paying for a premium subscription with the intention to get private subversion access rather than supporting OTLand, I will do my best to keep OTLand ad free.

Watch and fork The Forgotten Server at GitHub! If you have made any changes that you feel should be in the official repository, create a pull request.

Onto the future!
For those of you that have issues with the layout / forum. Remember when we switched over to vb4? Nobody liked it at first. Things are just settling now.

Red

Onto the future!
For those of you that have issues with the layout / forum. Remember when we switched over to vb4? Nobody liked it at first. Things are just settling now.

Red
It felt like some preference issues with the other layout changes, but in this case there's more than that. There isn't enough to distinct the posts from each other really, it all flows together and feels cluttered.

Love that we get notified when someone quote our posts now, about time we get that feature :)
Receive an alert when someone...
  • Replies to a watched thread
  • Someone replies to a thread you are watching
  • Attaches a file to a watched thread
  • Someone replies and attaches a file to a thread you are watching
  • Quotes your message
  • Someone directly quotes one of your messages in a thread
  • Tags you in a message
  • Someone tags you in a message
  • Likes your message
  • Someone likes one of your messages in a thread

Last edited:
It felt like some preference issues with the other layout changes, but in this case there's more than that. There isn't enough to distinct the posts from each other really, it all flows together and feels cluttered.

Love that we get notified when someone quotes our posts now, about time we get that feature :)

Well, it is possible to thicken the line and change colors in between posts, if that helps.

3QvqYkF.png

gN8wHyl.png

Again, the forum needs time to be improved.

Just noticed the difference in smileys
Big Grin:D
ConfusedConfused:confused:
CoolCool:cool: :cool:
Eek!Eek!:eek: :eek:
Er... what?Er... what?o_O o_O o_O o_O
FrownFrown:(
MadMad:mad: :mad: :mad:
Oops!Oops!:oops:
Roll EyesRoll Eyes:rolleyes:
SmileSmile:) :) :)
Stick Out TongueStick Out Tongue:p :p :p :p
WinkWink
Well, it is possible to thicken the line and change colors in between posts, if that helps.

*images*

Again, the forum needs time to be improved.
Possibly. I disabled signatures now on my end and it helped out quite a bit.

so the SVN TFS 0.4 now in GitHub ?
or no more TFS 0.4 ?

if it's in GitHub please Send me link?
or tell me how can i get the SVN TFS 0.4

yeap if otland is free now

why won't post TFS 0.4 in download section
or you won't do it because people payed for it?

I also means a uplaod for 1.0

Also a thing about 4he site it doesnt really support tablets

I also means a uplaod for 1.0

Also a thing about 4he site it doesnt really support tablets
i'm sure a mobile version can be added eventually. Atleast a better and more friendly one than before

so the TFS 0.4 will be public?
or what ?

cuz i was thinking on paying to get a premium version and now it's removed :(
so it will be public?
or will be added again later?

Back