• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My Open Tibia project based on global

visum454

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm trying to make distribution based on global Tibia with latest content possible. I'm still a rookie in terms of coding and understanding TFS systems, some things are quite hard for me but I'm trying my best.
Basically, I have some distro with real map already installed. This server uses Tibia 11.44, because It's very hard or almost impossible to get newest Tibia 12 working with Forgottenserver. Or I am just too dumb to do that :)
So, there are many things that doesn't work properly. I understand that some new content is hard to get working properly. That's why I'm currently focusing to add basic content to game like fully working quests, npcs, Dawnport etc.

Here is my to do list:
  • Fully working Dawnport, with quests NPCs and scripts - I have done like 70% of this yet, some minor bugs will be removed while testing.
  • Quests, I mean the basic quests like Pits of Inferno and Inqusition are working, but I'm focused on quests that nobody has been interested in so far, for example Assistant of Eclesius (that's quite fun part, because I bet no one would even think about doing such minor quest, but I want to give player choice to have fun from doing quests instead powerplaying)
  • NPC system, there are many missing NPC dialogs, traders have incorrect items in their offers, also spell learning is a little bit tricky to do for some reason etc.
  • Client functions like Prey or Daily Reward (actually prey is working good except some minor bugs, daily reward maybe would work, but I can't connect it to the client)
  • Tibia Store without items which give advantage over other players (potions, runes, keg's etc) - it's working good, but for some reason the images from website can't load properly, I haven't concerned about this yet
  • Some other things that I didn't found yet
You may ask "Why you are doing this when someone can just buy premium and play real tibia?". It can be true, and I'm not mad about this. I'm not planning setting up a server for players. I want to get some experience and share it. I don't want to make any money from it. I do it in my free time and at this moment I have a lot of free time.

There are some things that I find almost impossible to do alone like using Tibia 12 client (reverse engineering etc). Maybe somehow, sometime, someone will get these things working and will share it, but I'm not counting on that.

So, if you want to contribute, help or use my work ask me in this thread or PM me. I will always share with you this I have done yet. And I will post here some updates about project.

edit: I would be grateful for idea how to make NPC break conversation instantly after greetword, like:
P: hi
N: I don't want to talk with you.
--there conversation breaks

First of all, congratulations for the initiative.

We have a project you might like, take a look when possible: opentibiabr/OTServBR-Global (https://github.com/opentibiabr/OTServBR-Global)

Well, it's always good to have new people, with initiative and willingness in the Open Tibia community.
That is exactly what drives our project.

And one more thing: what exactly did you mean by
N: I do not want to talk to you.
--there conversation breaks "

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for nice words!

By this:
I mean when someone will try to talk with NPC when storage has value 1 then NPC will instantly break the conversation without further possiblity to talk.
Also this:
Lua:
keywordHandler:addSpellKeyword({'light'}, {npcHandler = npcHandler, spellName = 'Light', price = 0, level = 8, vocation = 2})
keywordHandler:addSpellKeyword({'great', 'light'}, {npcHandler = npcHandler, spellName = 'Great Light', price = 500, level = 13, vocation = 2})
is not working properly. It's from a example spell trader lua script. When someone want to buy Great Light, he gets redirected to Light, no idea why.

And thanks for the repository you linked me, but problem is I don't understand Portugese. Also it's not quite what I thought about. For example, I don't like when someone closes the issue without any word of explain.
But I'm glad that someone here is trying to improve Open Tibia world.

edit:
I have uploaded some NPCs I made, however I haven't test them yet. So if you see any typo or error, please tell me.

I will upload Dawnport vocation changers and rooms too.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks for nice words!

By this:
I mean when someone will try to talk with NPC when storage has value 1 then NPC will instantly break the conversation without further possiblity to talk.
Also this:
Lua:
keywordHandler:addSpellKeyword({'light'}, {npcHandler = npcHandler, spellName = 'Light', price = 0, level = 8, vocation = 2})
keywordHandler:addSpellKeyword({'great', 'light'}, {npcHandler = npcHandler, spellName = 'Great Light', price = 500, level = 13, vocation = 2})
is not working properly. It's from a example spell trader lua script. When someone want to buy Great Light, he gets redirected to Light, no idea why.

And thanks for the repository you linked me, but problem is I don't understand Portugese. Also it's not quite what I thought about. For example, I don't like when someone closes the issue without any word of explain.
But I'm glad that someone here is trying to improve Open Tibia world.

edit:
I have uploaded some NPCs I made, however I haven't test them yet. So if you see any typo or error, please tell me.

I will upload Dawnport vocation changers and rooms too.

mean when someone will try to talk with NPC when storage has value 1 then NPC will instantly break the conversation without further possiblity to talk.

add this on the bottom of lua npc file
Code:
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_GREET, greetCallback)

and this at the begining
Code:
function greetCallback(cid)
    if(getPlayerStorageValue(cid, 12345) == 1) then
        selfSay("Bye message", cid)
npcHandler:unGreet(cid)
    end
    return true
end

TFS 1.3 I tried something like this, but didnt work im afraid. Maybe someone knows what im trying to do
Lua:
local goodByeWords = {"bye", "no", "curse", "word", "mother", "frekk", "maybe", "thanks"}

if msgcontains(msg, {word = isInArray(goodByeWords, word)}) and npcHandler.topic[cid] == 0 then
        npcHandler:releaseFocus(cid)
        npcHandler:resetNpc(cid)
end

Back