• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My Pointless Ego Boosting Loser Queue Rank is bigger than yours

Sportacus

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
A little rant to be had here.

I'm tried of people pretending that their Solo/Duo queue rating is actually important.

The reason I bring this up is, a group of people have asked me to join their "serious 5s team", and that's what this game is all about, getting 5 people together to learn how to play and coordinate together, and hopefully try to be a decent team.

But this "team" almost never practices, and instead spends time "trying to get to gold division" in solo queue, while we have 5 of us online and we could practice as a team.

I'm not saying that you can't learn somethings from solo queue, you can learn a bit, but the honest truth, the skills you are "honing" in solo queue is learning how to play with the least amount of risk and chance possible, and how to interact with people that have little or no communication altogether. That means that most wins in solo queue will go to the team that took the least amount of risks, and did the simplest game plays, so everyone was able to understand what was to be done.

But this doesn't work well when you try to play against an actual proper team, that is on ventrilo, team speak, or skype together, their communication and coordination is going to be amazing compared to what you have built up and learnt from playing with random people with zero communication and coordination, from countless hours of solo queuing.

This is why I believe, if you wish to actually take part in a 5s team, you need to play with those team members.. even if you only got 4 people, it's better to play a normal together to learn the reaction patterns and habits of your team mates then it is to continue to play with a team of people you will almost never encounter again.

The skills you can learn in solo queue are pretty much just learning how to last hit properly, how to zone, and map awareness, and if you are still in that phase of learning this game, you shouldn't even try to think about playing on a 5s team, unless you are doing it for fun.

I will be honest when I say I have little fun when I play with a group of people I don't know, and it personally frustrates me, and that's why I don't even bother with solo queue. I feel the whole purpose of it is for ego boosting, and an outlet for those without friends, or unable to get a team of 5 together, to "justify" their time on league. (outside of you know, playing for fun)

I used to play in dominion tournaments with a group of friends, and have got all the skins/RP I have from playing those, but that group of people are busy with their personal lives. I also probably had the most fun I had playing this game when I had a group of people to have a full team with.

Point of the thread is, don't ask people to make a "serious" 5s team, if you are just going to blow people off to try to move up in solo queue, you're wasting my time, your own time, and just leaving the people involved pissed off.

Back