• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

mysql error! Noobyhere

robbydeath

Reaction score
I hope this is the correct place for my question but i have done alot of work on my OTserv and website i just transfered my xaamp folder to my hosting computer from laptop and after changing the necessary things i load server and in the server console it reads
"checking database connection... failed to connect to database. MYSQL error: Host 'computername' is not allowed to connect to this MYSQL server. Error: Database connection failed!

this must be because i was hosting on laptop now changed computers. (different computer name)
I looked this up and it seems simple but i must be retarded because i don't know how to do it .
here is solution :
"You can fix this by setting up an account for the combination of client host name and user name that you are using when trying to connect."

How to set up new account for this?

im new to sql am trying to learn but this is a roadblock, I will not be able to reply to this for 1 hour and 30 minutes since i am on my work lunch break but i will check back then, any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
if u have a static INTERNAL ip and your trying to connect to a database that you made on a different computer and your trying to connect with a different computer, you first have to set your router to open the ports in which the services of mysql run. you would have to make sure that apache uses port 80 or w/e and mysql on 3306 on both computers. then if lets say your internal ip(this is your computer ip, not the one provided by your network) is 192.168.100 then you would simply put "http://192.168.100/phpmyadmin. than you would have to enter your acc info.

Add rep if this helps you :p

I made sure the ports were forwarded and my ip passthrough the host computer nothing blocking, still same error, now i bring to laptop and try again i get the same error . Please help ! lol

my other sql servers work fine.

what do you use modem or router? if you have both in one little box than you have to disable the router part and buy a new WIREless router which sets routes to your pc and to your laptop, than you have to do what i said above.

Back