• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySql Usage 85% sometimes higher, rep++

Dalale

GX
Reaction score
Hello Otlanders

I got a problem with my otserver.
Mysql is getting up to 85-95% Cpu usage.
And this make the server lagging.

When its not so many players online the Mysql usage is around 20%

here is a screenshoot

what could i do to fix this?

xampp version. 1.6.6a

rep++

I also got a Dedicated server of Serverloft. And i having same problem. CPU that raise suddely. This is the dedi.
CPU

Quantity 1
Type Intel Xeon DP E5405
Cores Quadcore
RAM

Quantity 4 GB
Type DDR2-667 ECC Registered
Harddrive
Quantity 2
Capacity 250 GB
Type SATA II 7,200 rpm
Hot-Swap
RAID RAID 1
Controller

To me that sounds like one of two problems:

1. You use a buggy version of MySQL or XAMPP, or maybe a combination of both. I use a clean installation of MySQL, Php and Apache, all separate and I have never experienced this problem, I find that combined "noob friendly" solutions may be easy to manage, but usually performs less than desireable.
Please post the version of MySQL if possible, if not please post the version of XAMPP.

2. It might be a bug with either the server, database handling or the database itself that causes a massive amounts of either connections or queries. Download MySQL gui tools and run "MySQL Administrator", then log in and check "Server Connections" and "Health" to see what exactly is causing the massive processor usage.

On Mysql Administrator my Number of SQL Queries and Traffic rais suddely realy high. Cant that be reason why server lags badly?

MySQL version: 5.1.11

Last edited:
On Mysql Administrator my Number of SQL Queries and Traffic rais suddely realy high. Cant that be reason why server lags badly?

Yes, many queries means alot of traffic. Also, many queries also requires alot of CPU power to process.

Could you give a screenshot of the mysql administrator traffic window at the point of queries/traffic increasing?

EDIT:
Your MySQL version is slightly out of date, The current version is 5.1.41. This may be the reason to the sudden query-related lag, but I'm not entirely certain.

This is my traffic and querries when the OT crash + appache crash.

woootz.jpg
[/QUOTE]

MY CPU Usage stays realy constant low. It rais max to 10% but the Traffic and SQL Queries just rais suddely even when OT is offline but website online.

So the traffic/Queries increases noticeably even during server downtime?

Sounds like you got some kind of DDOS on your hands, someone using your website to try and either mass-create accounts/characters, or is trying to lag your server using similar methods.

One thing i dont get is why so many "Roxxor.exe * 32.exe". However, have you tryed host it on Windows XP ?, or maybe Windows Server 2003 ?. One question for you, how much RAM you have ?. Like 8 GB ?.

// Dored

One thing i dont get is why so many "Roxxor.exe * 32.exe". However, have you tryed host it on Windows XP ?, or maybe Windows Server 2003 ?. One question for you, how much RAM you have ?. Like 8 GB ?.

// Dored

The reason for this is because he runs a 64-bit operating system.
Thus in the task manager, every process which is not specifically coded for 64-bit, will be shown as having a "*32" after its name, to indicate that it is infact 32-bit, rather than 64-bit.

How to stop these DDos attacks?

It's not DDOS per say, they're supposedly using your website to generate massive traffic/queries, which causes lag.
This is just a guess however, and cannot be confirmed without checking logs and whatnot.
You could check out "Server Connections", and see what queries are being executed every time it lags.

1. MySQL Administrator -> Startup Variables -> Log Files -> Check [Query Logfile].

2. Restart MySQL server.

3. Wait for nubs to lag you again.

4. MySQL Adminstrator -> Server Logs -> Show Query log

5. Check what queries are spammed during lagtime.

6. Fix problem.

7. ?????

8. Profit

For a reason it says this at "Startup Variables" This section is only Available when connected to localhost .. im connection from localhost

Back