• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySql Usage 85% sometimes higher, rep++

Dalale

GX
Reaction score
Hello Otlanders

I got a problem with my otserver.
Mysql is getting up to 85-95% Cpu usage.
And this make the server lagging.

When its not so many players online the Mysql usage is around 20%

here is a screenshoot

what could i do to fix this?

xampp version. 1.6.6a

rep++

For a reason it says this at "Startup Variables" This section is only Available when connected to localhost .. im connection from localhost

If it says that then you aren't.

You need to be logged on mysql adminstrator from the same computer the mysql server is running on.
In this case I'm guessing that dedicated server of yours.

I'm fairly sure some developer would be better at answering that, but my guess is that it means that some client sent some data to the server which the server cannot understand.

People Using unofical Software to play like Blackd if you dont wanna let them use, so modify at your config.lua. But it's not the problem of your Xampp.

But I still got these lagg / kicks. But i seems now the Traffic and queries rais is gone but CPU is now raising suddely to high %.
Can some explain what to do? :)

Also i noticed that a program called
- system idle process - SYSTEM - CPU : 99 - 24k Memeory -

Some know what it is?

My Server CPU goes up to 25% CPU and then OT laggs ingame but i havent updated the ot from some days. How is it possible it suddely start to lagg?

Server save is like every 30 mins and it takes MAX 2.0 Seconds. In begin the reason was by server save but then i change Storagehouse ="yes" or something and then the time was alot lower.

I mean, what processor do you have? Intel Xeon? Intel Core i7? AMD Operton? Amd Athlon? Intel Core 2 Duo?

Here you are.
CPU

Quantity 1
Type Intel Xeon DP E5405
Cores Quadcore
------
RAM

Quantity 4 GB
Type DDR2-667 ECC Registered
-------
Harddrive

Quantity 2
Capacity 250 GB
Type SATA II 7,200 rpm
Hot-Swap
RAID RAID 1
Controller

Ah that explains the lag and CPU usage. That 25% cpu means that your OT server suddenly uses 100% CPU (You got 4 cores, OTserv can only use 1, thus using 1 core 100% means 25% of all 4 cores, if that makes any sense).

As for how to solve the problem... Try running the server in GM mode, so that only GM's can log in, and wait... Then see if the lag is caused by some player abusing some bugged item/object, or if it's caused by something in the actual server.

Well i tested what u said. OT was only online for GMS but it still crash. The wierd think about that is last update is like a almost 2 weeks ago. it was like 4 days after i updated Ot it started to lag.

It might be that something is wrong with your MySQL database, that it's full of crap data (Like someone creating 100,000 accounts and even more characters) which makes it slow and sluggish when executing queries.
Try creating a new database schema, and fill it up with the original tfs .sql data, then have your server temporarily connect to that one, run it, and see if it crashes.

If it doesn't stop crashing it means that it's either a sourcecode bug or a bugged script that runs every so often and crashes your server.

I removed my last updated an now it seems OT aint crashing anymore but the CPU still goes to 25% which creates freez laggs.

Back