• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL vs SQLite

What is the best data storage system? sqlite or mysql?

• Total voters
My sql suck, its easy to hack <.< i hate IT!

No, just you who cant use it. <.<

I got mysql, nobody can hack me. I havent done anything else than putting a password to my phpmyadmin and using a secure homepage. (AFS-CMS)

I use MySQL but SQlite is a lot easier to make backups for, isn't it?

Instead of having to export the database you just copy and paste it.
Or is that not how it works?

I wouldn't say that it's alot easier to make backups using SQLite, both tasks should be taken care of in a scheduled event (i.e crontab), perhaps if we're talking about doing the backups manually but it's just to setup a daily crontab to run mysqldump to create MySQL backups.

No, just you who cant use it. <.<

I got mysql, nobody can hack me. I havent done anything else than putting a password to my phpmyadmin and using a secure homepage. (AFS-CMS)

That is so funny it took me about 10 minute to find bugs in your system

My vote goes out to MySQL because
- it's faster than SqLite (when ran on a powerful enough server)
- easier to manage (phpmyadmin)

As for the security: both MySQL and SqLite are hackable. Eventually everything can be hacked.

I have server before called Xenoria i get record of player 166 and someone hacked me ;/ i use SQL on the server.

Wouldn't Sqlite be more secure since it can only be accessed through localhost?

And does anyone know how would it work against SQL injections?

Wouldn't Sqlite be more secure since it can only be accessed through localhost?

And does anyone know how would it work against SQL injections?

You can also limit SQL access to localhost by simply blocking the SQL port in your firewall ^_^

Postgre SQL? It's alot faster than MySQL, especially for larger databases. Also, the elephant logo looks cool.

Read this

For low load websites, SQLite has worked great in our projects. If you're doing an application in C, its API is simply unbeatable. Perhaps its most distinguishing feature is that it pretty much ignores types. This is, in fact, a "feature", and I have found that it gives it flexibility that is lacking in other situations(although, you have to put your dates in very specific formats to get the sort order to come out right...).

For web development purposes, if you're doing a really high load website, you're going to want to use a non-file based database(personally, I prefer PostgreSQL, but sub MySQL, SQL Server, whatever...)

I also can't express just how great it is for desktop apps though. Its great for 95% of the situations you would need to save data in an application in a "file format" of some variety. It make debugging great(fire up the console on the file your app is writing too and watch inserts as they happen). No configuration at all. No mucking about with binary file formats. No XML parsing.

Relating to the previous poster though, the only place you might really even consider both is low load web applications. While I agree that its good to think big, if you're app is likely to be low load for most of its life, you won't regret SQLite. Another case you might consider it for is a web app that interoperates with a "fatter" version on the desktop, you could do your "export/import" between the two using SQLite.

If you can get mysql to work and keep to your own localhost then use mysql
if not sqlite is nice for small servers of 60

Back