• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Myteka Project (by the nub mapper)

poopsiedoodle

Gibe moni plos
Reaction score
Drunia Project (by the nub mapper)

Hey there guys! Fair warning before you look at my mapping: I'm really bad.

screenshot_2013-02-23-1-27-37_zps91055090.png

A beginner's island with a little fortress.

screenshot_2013-02-23-1-34-40_zps2c97b435.png

Here's the fortress.

screenshot_2013-02-23-1-37-22_zpsa3c9bb95.png

screenshot_2013-02-23-1-38-9_zps18e98c13.png

screenshot_2013-02-23-1-38-53_zps864d388c.png

Some wolves and bears outside of the fortress.

screenshot_2013-02-23-1-40-17_zps74990516.png

screenshot_2013-02-23-1-40-21_zpsdcab0cb6.png

screenshot_2013-02-23-1-40-26_zps6fca024e.png

screenshot_2013-02-23-1-40-32_zps2509a9b5.png

And that's a troll cave, which I'm really not proud of.

Last edited:
The beginning spot is to squarishy I think. But overall I dont think it looks too bad :)

The beginning spot is to squarishy I think. But overall I dont think it looks too bad :)

Do you mean the fortress? the walls are supposed to be squarish, and I don't think that moats should be all over the place, but I'm not sure about that one. Thanks though :D

Do you mean the fortress? the walls are supposed to be squarish, and I don't think that moats should be all over the place, but I'm not sure about that one. Thanks though :D

Talking about the water/grass aroudn the walls ;)

Since it's early now and I'm not falling asleep, I'll tell you what you need to improve, I know that I'm not that good, but I think I can help you,

First and second picture:
Try not making borders straight more than 3 times, it gets to squarish.
Don't make houses flying on the water.
Try working on the details and the arquitecture.

Third, Fourth and Fifth image:
You don't have the right borders, I can't tell you the id because I don't have remeres in this laptop.
That trunk or fallen tree it's to long.
Try working on the details and the design of the mountains.

6th, 7th, 8th and 9th,
Try not to make the same exact shapes with the borders, I mean like those corners that you have like 5-10 on the same place.
Try working on the details.

I know you're just starting but I'm telling you this so you start having some knowledge.

Since it's early now and I'm not falling asleep, I'll tell you what you need to improve, I know that I'm not that good, but I think I can help you,

First and second picture:
Try not making borders straight more than 3 times, it gets to squarish.
Don't make houses flying on the water.
Try working on the details and the arquitecture.

Third, Fourth and Fifth image:
You don't have the right borders, I can't tell you the id because I don't have remeres in this laptop.
That trunk or fallen tree it's to long.
Try working on the details and the design of the mountains.

6th, 7th, 8th and 9th,
Try not to make the same exact shapes with the borders, I mean like those corners that you have like 5-10 on the same place.
Try working on the details.

I know you're just starting but I'm telling you this so you start having some knowledge.

Actually, the fortress is surrounded by a moat. It's just not bordered. I like the grass borders on the mountains, it makes it look more natural. How is the log too long? It's just a bridge between two mountains. I was gonna try the bamboo rope bridge but I couldn't find the railing. Also, you're right about the troll cave. I hate it.

Last edited:
I'm just going to tell you my opinion, it's okay to defend your work, I know you like the borders in the mountains but it's unreal because those borders will fall from the rocks, the log is king of unreal because it's skinny and long, so it will breake easily if it's a bridge, if it's natural it won't exist, at least that's what I think, this is IMO, if you don't want to listen it's alright.

You should try to always border mountains with mountain borders.. The old or new ones. I don't quite remember the id of them but they are in raw-borders and have L shapes with them..

The landscape needs to be more natural/random since nature grows uncontrollably to some extent.. So grass shapes should be staggered. It is best to press "a" when you open rme and border manually. Automatic borders joins all near adjacent borders together making square corners, which is unnatural.

If you border manually - you will eventually be used to shaping good and large areas pretty quick and then can focus on detailing. Check at other mappers threads and maybe try to replicate one of their pieces.. That'll help alot

Okay :3 but does anyone know where the rope bridge railings are? I can't find them.

raw -> others, near the top, just scroll down and you shall find them

Use 'o' shortcut to show pathing, so you get used to which post is for which side etc. + the ropes

raw -> others, near the top, just scroll down and you shall find them

Use 'o' shortcut to show pathing, so you get used to which post is for which side etc. + the ropes

I already use o :p

- - - Updated - - -

screenshot_2013-02-23-17-55-3_zpscfb675af.png

screenshot_2013-02-23-17-57-27_zpsc0e054ac.png

- - - Updated - - -

I'd use new sprites, but the newest RME isn't XP compatible, and I have XP. :(

Change the borders to the mountain to: 4466.
And use raw only for better result :)

still a bit too squarie imo, also try to use some less trees and don't put grass tufts on trees/bushes.

but its decent for a start :) keep working

Back