• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Myteka Project (by the nub mapper)

Nice you're making progress which is good!

You can use the fat grass borders but not for mountain edges..

Your moat bordering is alot more natural, good.
It's good that you take on advice early on - alot including my self got quite defensive at the beginning but bad criticism really does help you heighten your standards as you try to prove them wrong/please them and them boom! You start becomming good.

Keep it up - i think making a rook sized town will help you, just a temple, shop and bank.

But I like the grass borders...

Okay_guy.jpg

screenshot_2013-02-25-8-50-46_zpse4482fcd.png

screenshot_2013-02-25-8-50-40_zpsba0ecafc.png
screenshot_2013-02-25-8-50-27_zpse3e1f3b4.png

It still looks squarie, you're missing some borders, but you're going on the right path, I know I'm not that good but maybe this examples of mountains I've done may help you.

Try use RAW, put the tuffs on grass and gravel on the dirty, rondomize the trees, if grass is your top mountain try use more arbust and less rocks.

Youre working to squary and youre spamming too much. check some tutorials or other mappings and try to map it like they do:b

Your mapping is excellent!

Hardly :p

@Topic I'm surprised no one mentioned the border bug on the bottom left of the mountain. I fixed that though.

- - - Updated - - -

screenshot_2013-03-1-8-54-33_zps23a07646.png

Nothing much really. A fix of the mountain is coming soon :D

I think you should make it more customised... more real life solutions such as bridge, a little house or a small river splitting this island into two pieces.

@edit

you keep it to squary if you know what i mean. You should try different shapes, lets get crazy. haha :)

Your bordering isn't that bad anymore, even do you make the same shapes over and over, go to other threads about mapping such as Peroxide, Neon, Peroxides Cat, etc., see how they put their details etc.

Yeah, I'm rather terrible with balancing out the amount of nature I put in :p At least it's not as spammed as the jungle part of Port Hope :p

Last edited:
Back