• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Open Beta mean's more player's trying to be the highest level & highest skilled, not worrying about finding bug's. Closed beta is accepted application's from people who had to fill out a form, stating what there intentions were on this said "Closed Beta" and I'm very proud of the player's that have found as much as they have :)

open betas find so many more bugs though >.>

Pretty much what Ceejzor said.
We're happy with the detective work the testers have been doing so far, and the fact that over 65 keys have been used and there's only like 5 people online at a time is proof that the majority is not even "testing", they just came to see the content and left when they've explored the rook area.

That's okay though, we've pretty much found everything that is wrong so far and we're fixing it every day. About 200 things left on to-do list :p

Glad to see that its moving in the right direction as always @Shadowsong, my vacation is almost over and im hopefully back into OpenTibia soon again! ^^

Meanwhile, I would like to recommend @hehemidu incase you need another or more testers. (Unless he already tested or helped you)
When I had my latest server online, he reported and gave ideas whetever it was for or against him or his vocation, he strives towards balance.

Kind Regards,
Eldin

Glad to see that its moving in the right direction as always @Shadowsong, my vacation is almost over and im hopefully back into OpenTibia soon again! ^^

Meanwhile, I would like to recommend @hehemidu incase you need another or more testers. (Unless he already tested or helped you)
When I had my latest server online, he reported and gave ideas whetever it was for or against him or his vocation, he strives towards balance.

Kind Regards,
Eldin

Thanks Eldin! Glad to hear that.

I know hehemidu is a great guy, and I think he was either in the beta or he couldn't join to real life stuff, can't recall. Tests are going great so far, I believe they found 95% of the bugs in the rook area and we're 10% away from having them all fixed. :D

Letting this discussion thread get to the bottom of the second page isn't a good sign. Let's get some feedback.

Letting this discussion thread get to the bottom of the second page isn't a good sign. Let's get some feedback.

Well most of the discussion related to it is up on our forum or skype group, so people rarely post here. I'll bump the thread up with server news parallel to when they're posted on the website though!

The beta has been up for a little over 3 weeks now, we're 95% done with the 1.04 update and soon will begin testing new content that has not been available to the testers so far.

If anyone would like to discuss anything, post up, we're eager to hear what everyone has to say! :D

How do you feel about beta testers knowing basically every aspect of Necronia before its official release, or isnt that true?

How do you feel about beta testers knowing basically every aspect of Necronia before its official release, or isnt that true?

Well technically, they haven't seen anything further than Bawfuria, and I'm fine with both that and the continent of Avernum as that's nothing that hasn't been seen before, but it's still based on the same stuff. However, there are things, both on Bawfuria and Avernum/Tjenn'Lunar that won't be exposed to anyone even for testing.

Beta testers inevitably learn a lot about the content and features, and that is okay, that is a must in order to receive better feedback and thorough testing. However, like I said, there are things related to the plot and gameplay that shouldn't be spoiled to anyone before release, so we're keeping them top secret. :D

Kind Regards,
Eldin

thx for the recommendation! i really appreciate it but i couldn't join the first wave of testers because i was in africa for a month :p , now i'm back and i will write an application soon :)

@Shadowsong I really hope the beta is running smoothly and lots of bugs have been found so far :) you'll hear from me soon xD

This thread has been in-active for long enough!
Client update 1.04 has been out for a week that implements various fixes as well as 1,500 new sprites, some of which were required for the coming updates. In addition to the new client update we have released the update Hunter From the Caves. Fishing has been overhauled completely, a new NPC makes an appearance, and the boss Gerakryll has been... buggy. Check out all of the details here and what to expect in the coming updates.
f4614ef1a6.png

So glad you joined necronia dark.... And really impressed of the project so far!

Back