• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Yeah i get but there's still lots of custom OT lovers here at otland who just cant pay you the cash for.. erm.. helping u + much of the peoples here been testers on shitload of OT's its not like that every1 who will get an free key will just enter and do nothing.
Trust me, if i had enough $ i would donate asap but instead of that i just need to wait
regards

I'm aware of that, but there's not much that can be done only judging by words.
Anyone can come and say "i really want to help, give me a key", and then their actions afterward are a story of its own. And even if I know for sure that someone will do it properly, how would everyone else react if we gave that single person a key for free while the others paid for it?

If we wanted everyone to be able to log in, it would be open beta, not closed beta, so there's reason why the amount of keys we give out is limited. Even the ones that are for sale are very limited and we haven't restocked a lot, only at times when we felt like we could use a couple of new testers for some new content we had added.

I'm aware of that, but there's not much that can be done only judging by words.
Anyone can come and say "i really want to help, give me a key", and then their actions afterward are a story of its own. And even if I know for sure that someone will do it properly, how would everyone else react if we gave that single person a key for free while the others paid for it?

If we wanted everyone to be able to log in, it would be open beta, not closed beta, so there's reason why the amount of keys we give out is limited. Even the ones that are for sale are very limited and we haven't restocked a lot, only at times when we felt like we could use a couple of new testers for some new content we had added.

If im right the guys who paid for the keys will get benefits at the official start, right?
So i dont see anything bad in that idea.
lol mate, judging by words? Check for some other Custom OT discussions and you can ask which peoples ACTUALLY helps at tests.
I dont like the idea of spending cash cause there's an project in net called Phobos online, game is ready for months ( or even a year ) but the owners noticed that peoples started donating to join the tests, so they are just keeping the CB tests to get some cash which is dick move.. so i'llbe honest with you - this aint looking good - im just aware due to that tests will stay muuch longer ( no offence at all, im not saying u're some kind of bad person ), now im pretty sure after that i wont get any key untill official start ^^
Good luck with your project.
Regards

If im right the guys who paid for the keys will get benefits at the official start, right?
So i dont see anything bad in that idea.

This means you're looking for us to make the server open-beta, which I'm not willing to do due to it being unnecessary and will have several negative impacts such as - people will play the beta but not the actual server when it releases because they will have already seen the content and won't be bothered to go over it all again. We've been working on this project for years and it's been online a couple of times, and whenever we had an open beta it was a major disappointment and failure, where in turn, this current closed-beta turned out to be most efficient. So I don't know how it looks from your point of view, but from mine, it looks like we're getting good results from this beta and I'm not willing to change that.

I dont like the idea of spending cash cause there's an project in net called Phobos online, game is ready for months ( or even a year ) but the owners noticed that peoples started donating to join the tests, so they are just keeping the CB tests to get some cash which is dick move.. so i'llbe honest with you - this aint looking good - im just aware due to that tests will stay muuch longer ( no offence at all, im not saying u're some kind of bad person ), now im pretty sure after that i wont get any key untill official start ^^

We are not delaying the release to earn donations for beta keys, and we would never do that. If you can't see, we're releasing updates weekly, working towards the release of the server. I don't know about Phobos' team or what they are doing, but our goal is one and clear - finish and release the server. It just so happens that we are not a full grown company with people who work on it every single day, most of the content is created by 2 guys and we both attend college and have jobs beside Necronia. Please think about what you say before you make dumb assumptions. Plus, in the last 2 years, we only split about 120€ from donations among the team members for compensation, everything else is still sitting in our account waiting to be used for hosting.

I usually don't bother replying with such rants, but this is for everyone (who thinks the same way) to see.

Rants? come on!
i told u "no offence" i just told u how it looks like not how it actually is
Come on bro, read it carefully.
Im the necronia fan and i will wait for the start, u just got this everything wrong, lol
And there was nothing "dumbass" in my opinion, stop butthurting, its just my opinion, no need to act like that.

Rants? come on!
Im the necronia fan and i will wait for the start, u just got this everything wrong, lol
And there was nothing "dumbass" in my opinion, stop butthurting, its just my opinion, no need to act like that.

I didn't say dumbass, I said dumb assumptions (2 words), because they truly sounded so.
I'm all for treating all fans equally and you are no exception, so don't worry. I just wanted to clarify things.

Rants? come on!

Saying 'no offense' doesn't give you the right to make bad assumptions and damage someones image really, even though it's your own opinion. Your arguments are quite lame: 'because others did it, you're probably doing it as well'. And then when Shadow replies you act like you're some kind of victim, and keep on telling him what to do.

I wonder why you even brought this shit up, if you're a true fan why would you doubt their decision to create a closed beta to test their content? Just relax and play the server on it's release, why would it matter to you if that's within a week or a year, you aren't paying and they don't seem to owe you anything either. Keep your cool, it's just a game.

Saying 'no offense' doesn't give you the right to make bad assumptions and damage someones image really, even though it's your own opinion. Your arguments are quite lame: 'because others did it, you're probably doing it as well'. And then when Shadow replies you act like you're some kind of victim, and keep on telling him what to do.

I wonder why you even brought this shit up, if you're a true fan why would you doubt their decision to create a closed beta to test their content? Just relax and play the server on it's release, why would it matter to you if that's within a week or a year, you aren't paying and they don't seem to owe you anything either. Keep your cool, it's just a game.

Opinion is an opinion, if u want to act like some "captain america" right now - dont do that
That was my opinion and i can say what i think, i've ended the conversation with shiva and everything's ok, also i didnt wanted to make ANYONE feel bad about what i said, so keep it down "brah" and keep it cool
Cheers

Opinion is an opinion, if u want to act like some "captain america" right now - dont do that
That was my opinion and i can say what i think, i've ended the conversation with shiva and everything's ok, also i didnt wanted to make ANYONE feel bad about what i said, so keep it down "brah" and keep it cool
Cheers

You can't just say whatever you think and then tell people to 'not feel offended' just because you said 'no offensd', it doesn't work like that. Besides that, you seem like a bit of a hypocrite: on the one hand you allow yourself to say whatever you like, yet on the other hand you tell me I can't disagree with you by 'acting like captain America', whatever that may mean.

Anyhow, there's no reason to take you seriously at all, judging by the way you try to communicate with us.

You can't just say whatever you think and then tell people to 'not feel offended' just because you said 'no offensd', it doesn't work like that. Besides that, you seem like a bit of a hypocrite: on the one hand you allow yourself to say whatever you like, yet on the other hand you tell me I can't disagree with you by 'acting like captain America', whatever that may mean.

Anyhow, there's no reason to take you seriously at all, judging by the way you try to communicate with us.

Seeing as he likes to play custom servers exclusively, I'm pretty sure he's just frustrated that there is no way to get access to the closed beta at the moment because he would like to try it, but I did everything I could to keep it fair for everyone and get good results out of this beta. We can't just give away key for free like that. Luckily, christmas is coming up and we are planning a surprise. :D

Seeing as he likes to play custom servers exclusively, I'm pretty sure he's just frustrated that there is no way to get access to the closed beta at the moment because he would like to try it, but I did everything I could to keep it fair for everyone and get good results out of this beta. We can't just give away key for free like that. Luckily, christmas is coming up and we are planning a surprise. :D

I can understand how one can be frustrated, yet the way he expresses himself is over the top to be honest, 'n saying 'no offense' isn't going to solve that. He had a way to obtain access to the beta, yet decided that he didn't have the opportunity to pay for it. No reason to get frustrated over that, that's all I was trying to say.

I get that you want to keep it fair for everyone, hence why I'm waiting for my turn to try out the server, I'm sure the current testers are more than capable of their job and will help you deliver a complete server to the rest of the community. :)

Hey guys!

I am on a trip at the moment and I won't be home until monday so I am unable to make a proper advertisement without my computer and tools, so I'm just gonna post here for now to let you know that we do have some massive stuff planned out for christmas and they days after 5th~ January.

First of all, as the festive days are getting closer and closer, we think it's a good chance to give everyone a chance to celebrate with us on Necronia too!
We realize most of you will be busy on the Christmas eve, so we will launch this event on 26th or 27th of December (depending on the situation, will be posted here).

I am happy to say that everyone will be able to participate in this ingame event and experience Necronia for a couple of days, probably ending on the 1st of January.
So yeah, there it is,

Necronia will be online and available to everyone from 26/27th of December til the 1st of January.
I know that there are a dozen of custom server enthusiasts and fans who were not able to get into the closed beta, so here you have a chance to join us and see what all this fuss is all about. Our goal with this is to promote the server a little, give some people the opportunity to have fun with fellow Necronia fans, celebrate the holiday and have a great start for the new year - a year which will see Necronia released and in full bloom. This is also a great opportunity to see how the engine reacts to having more people online, as we've estabilished there are still a few crashes hidden in the engine's code. While you guys are having fun, we'll try our best to correct these flaws with your help of detecting them. More instructions and news related to this post will follow - probably on monday, when I get back from my trip.

We're really looking forward to see you all there.

And speaking of the plans for after January 5th, we will be have all vocations done and released, will finalize them, and we can start with the final stage of testing and implementation - the continent of Avernum, the Pet System, and the re-implementation of our website with our new webdesigner Cornex, which will feature a few refurbished UI items as well as new features relevant to the official release.

Hey guys!

I am on a trip at the moment and I won't be home until monday so I am unable to make a proper advertisement without my computer and tools, so I'm just gonna post here for now to let you know that we do have some massive stuff planned out for christmas and they days after 5th~ January.

First of all, as the festive days are getting closer and closer, we think it's a good chance to give everyone a chance to celebrate with us on Necronia too!
We realize most of you will be busy on the Christmas eve, so we will launch this event on 26th or 27th of December (depending on the situation, will be posted here).

I am happy to say that everyone will be able to participate in this ingame event and experience Necronia for a couple of days, probably ending on the 1st of January.
So yeah, there it is,

Necronia will be online and available to everyone from 26/27th of December til the 1st of January.
I know that there are a dozen of custom server enthusiasts and fans who were not able to get into the closed beta, so here you have a chance to join us and see what all this fuss is all about. Our goal with this is to promote the server a little, give some people the opportunity to have fun with fellow Necronia fans, celebrate the holiday and have a great start for the new year - a year which will see Necronia released and in full bloom. This is also a great opportunity to see how the engine reacts to having more people online, as we've estabilished there are still a few crashes hidden in the engine's code. While you guys are having fun, we'll try our best to correct these flaws with your help of detecting them. More instructions and news related to this post will follow - probably on monday, when I get back from my trip.

We're really looking forward to see you all there.

And speaking of the plans for after January 5th, we will be have all vocations done and released, will finalize them, and we can start with the final stage of testing and implementation - the continent of Avernum, the Pet System, and the re-implementation of our website with our new webdesigner Cornex, which will feature a few refurbished UI items as well as new features relevant to the official release.

gawd best christmas present eva <3

meme_760px_831.jpg

Re-reading my post, I just realized how sloppy my writing is on anything that is not my own keyboard. Damn laptops ,_,

I'll try to finish the post tonight when i'm back from school. :D

Merry Christmas Necronians! We hope you had a wonderful year and to have a amazing new year.

This year in Necronia was amazing, to put it simply. We released the closed beta this year which allowed us to stabilize the engine and fix a thousand or more bugs. Sattnyr was remade entirely, but still holds the original feeling. From the creatures to the introduction, we have remade it. So much has happened that we effectively have made Necronia 20x better than what it was before. At this point forward the server will exponentially become better than it was before.

Now I'm sure you're wondering when we will release the open beta. Complications have arisen. Shiva's internet is out at the moment and several bugs have sprung up over night for Tarjei to fix. While Shiva's internet is out he is still working to perfect the update and allow all of you to enjoy the open beta. And that will be a superb treat.
We require all of you to be patient for the time being. Hopefully the open beta will release on the 27th. A follow up post will detail everything relating to the open beta.

Thank you for standing beside us. Thank you for supporting us. Thank you for everything. Without all of you guys we would not be here. Thank you and have some wonderful holidays!
Sincerely, the Necronia Team.​

Back