• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

As far as I know, the host computer lagged out due to all of its memory being eaten by the server (due to some faulty programming that's being investigated).
We are just waiting for Nox to restart the server PC so we can boot everything back up to normal. I assume he'll do it as soon as he's awake, as he's probably sleeping atm. (4 AM here)

The server is back online!

Today is a perfect day to honor a fellow staff member and commend him for the great work he has done on Necronia over the years. We're talking about the Engineer of Necronia - Tarjei.

You've probably noticed him once or twice as he stalked you during your hunting. You've probably been there to feel the wrath of his demonic pets that he's so very fond of, or you've been there getting drunk with him at the Necronian pubs all those years ago when the server was online. Share your favorite "Tarjei Moments" with us on this post!

Even if you don't know him, it is undeniable that Tarjei is the giant cog keeping all the other ones turning in this mechanism that constantly requires fixing and reparations. We'd like to thank him for his service and his dedication to the project and raise our glasses in hopes of having it that way for a long while.

Happy birthday pal!

11885073_1019088018122912_3499369614171135408_n.png

Additionally, some bugfixes related to the latest reports have been made. The changelog on the website will be updated later, but here's the changelog:
* Fixed a bug where bolts (all kinds) could get bugged when using [Iron Sprayer] and shoot when you had no ammo left.
* Fixed a bug where Elvish Brocade Helmet recipe in blacksmithing had its name displayed as Ranger Cap. (Ranger cap is not craftable, E.B.Helmet is.)
* Fixed the level requirement on Snakebite Rod that was way too high from old Necronia. It now is level 23.
* [Headbutt] no longer utilizes weapon damage in its formula. Instead, your helmet's armor is now the primary source of damage on the spell.
* [Bite] no longer utilizes weapon damage in its formula. Instead, your skill is now the dominant factor counting as a source of damage on the spell, along with your level.

* [Tooth Necklace]:
- 10% chance to add 2 more rage on attack > 13% chance to add 4 more rage on attack. Description has not yet been updated.

* Fixed a bug where [Velvet Mantle] was registered as a ranger item.

* Fixed a bug where [Unleash Chains] did not properly go on cooldown for Oiorpatae.

* The following food is no longer using the old broken script(s) and has new effects:
[Walnut]...​

Played this server, have to say it was a good few months, I definitely recommend this server.

The server is back online!

Today is a perfect day to honor a fellow staff member and commend him for the great work he has done on Necronia over the years. We're talking about the Engineer of Necronia - Tarjei.

You've probably noticed him once or twice as he stalked you during your hunting. You've probably been there to feel the wrath of his demonic pets that he's so very fond of, or you've been there getting drunk with him at the Necronian pubs all those years ago when the server was online. Share your favorite "Tarjei Moments" with us on this post!

Even if you don't know him, it is undeniable that Tarjei is the giant cog keeping all the other ones turning in this mechanism that constantly requires fixing and reparations. We'd like to thank him for his service and his dedication to the project and raise our glasses in hopes of having it that way for a long while.

Happy birthday pal!

11885073_1019088018122912_3499369614171135408_n.png

Additionally, some bugfixes related to the latest reports have been made. The changelog on the website will be updated later, but here's the changelog:
* Fixed a bug where bolts (all kinds) could get bugged when using [Iron Sprayer] and shoot when you had no ammo left.
* Fixed a bug where Elvish Brocade Helmet recipe in blacksmithing had its name displayed as Ranger Cap. (Ranger cap is not craftable, E.B.Helmet is.)
* Fixed the level requirement on Snakebite Rod that was way too high from old Necronia. It now is level 23.
* [Headbutt] no longer utilizes weapon damage in its formula. Instead, your helmet's armor is now the primary source of damage on the spell.
* [Bite] no longer utilizes weapon damage in its formula. Instead, your skill is now the dominant factor counting as a source of damage on the spell, along with your level.

* [Tooth Necklace]:
- 10% chance to add 2 more rage on attack > 13% chance to add 4 more rage on attack. Description has not yet been updated.

* Fixed a bug where [Velvet Mantle] was registered as a ranger item.

* Fixed a bug where [Unleash Chains] did not properly go on cooldown for Oiorpatae.

* The following food is no longer using the old broken script(s) and has new effects:
[Walnut]...​

Happy birthday @tarjei I'm sure he might get drunk lol if he wants to party. I remember him stalking me like a lot of times, he is a really nice guy he should know some funny things and well, the most epic time is when he was fkedup and he told me hella of story about a girl he liked but she moved or he moved I don't remember well that was like 4 yrs ago, and yeah he was drunk lol, ever since I believe he doesn't drink that much right? haha.

Greetings, Liro.

How will the endgame be? I would love to explore and fight strong monsters in teams, also maybe sneaking enemys of mine with my friends, loot a rare item without building up quests towards the strong bosses, is this possible?

How will the endgame be? I would love to explore and fight strong monsters in teams, also maybe sneaking enemys of mine with my friends, loot a rare item without building up quests towards the strong bosses, is this possible?

We plan to do continue to do content updates where we add continents and such similar as Cipsoft. There will be some bosses where you need to do some quests, ex. rifts bosses, but there will be bosses where you can just go and kill them.

Well what you are saying is definitely possible. There will be strong and weak bosses that are not related to any major storyline.
Once the first story is completed (should take about a year or a year and a half), a second story will be launched based on the consequences caused by players in the first 1.5y of playing. So basically, the second story will be tailored around the way you (players) end the first one. Think of it as expansions, similar to what World of Warcraft is doing.

when will have client dx9?

I don't think that will be happening any time soon, probably not even at release. We have to rewrite some complex shading/light mechanisms and then we'll see to include dx9, but with the current stuff we're using, there's not even a point in doing that as far as I'm concerned. There are some problems with mixing lights and the presence of a lot of light will cause FPS drops on even very high end graphic cards (because the code is simply inefficient). Once we fix this, we can think about dx9, which will probably be done easily once the mentioned problem has been resolved.

I don't think that will be happening any time soon, probably not even at release. We have to rewrite some complex shading/light mechanisms and then we'll see to include dx9, but with the current stuff we're using, there's not even a point in doing that as far as I'm concerned. There are some problems with mixing lights and the presence of a lot of light will cause FPS drops on even very high end graphic cards (because the code is simply inefficient). Once we fix this, we can think about dx9, which will probably be done easily once the mentioned problem has been resolved.
Didn't are you using the dx9 client through the angle project?
Thinking about doing a native dx9 is a bit unnecessary since the angle project works fine :p

Didn't are you using the dx9 client through the angle project?
Thinking about doing a native dx9 is a bit unnecessary since the angle project works fine :p

Yes actually, we'll be looking into Angle as I spoke to an experienced developer recently and he told me all about it and how it would affect the performance and accomplish our goals.

330 ping from AUS~
Gritting my teeth, wondering if I still go for it anyways...

330 ping from AUS~
Gritting my teeth, wondering if I still go for it anyways...

Sorry to hear that. It's definitely due to the distance between you and the host, and the fact that we're using a crappy VPS for 20€ per month during beta doesn't help the situation either.
You can always try boosting the performance with tools such as WTFast, I heard it works quite well.

Let me know how it goes.

Back