• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

I wonder how the vocations will be can we get more informations about them?

fap-now-robo.gif

Think it's time to bump the thread with something new. Here's the current minimap of Tjenn'Lunar. Soon, it will posted on our website along with a new update as well as a new event related to it, so stay tuned because this will be your next chance to win some unique Necronia reward codes.

The map is currently marked as 71% finished, with 5 areas left to do, and we plan to have it done by the end of this month, which will mark the beginning of the scripting phase. Once all the scripting is done, we will have a beta and prepare for launch.

I wonder how the vocations will be can we get more informations about them?

There will be significant changes to many vocations, mainly summoner and saint, but if you want me to give you some information on some vocation as it is right now, ask ahead. It would take too long to tell you about all 12 of them, so if there is any specific answer you are looking for, let me know :p

Last edited:
Think it's time to bump the thread with something new. Here's the current minimap of Tjenn'Lunar. Soon, it will posted on our website along with a new update as well as a new event related to it, so stay tuned because this will be your next chance to win some unique Necronia reward codes.

The map is currently marked as 71% finished, with 5 areas left to do, and we plan to have it done by the end of this month, which will mark the beginning of the scripting phase. Once all the scripting is done, we will have a beta and prepare for launch.

There will be significant changes to many vocations, mainly summoner and saint, but if you want me to give you some information on some vocation as it is right now, ask ahead. It would take too long to tell you about all 12 of them, so if there is any specific answer you are looking for, let me know :p

nice minimap

The artwork is really well done, I wish I could make a thread look that nice. Looking forward to this project, keep up the good work!

I am not sure if we will we have an open beta, but it all depends on whether we feel it's necessary or not. In case we have a closed beta, registration keys will be handed out to those we deem fit and useful for actual testing. Many people join games in beta phases just to play them, and they don't even focus on the true goal of this testing phase. I've seen some people not even reporting bugs, or discovering bugs and deliberately NOT reporting them so they can abuse them after release.

We don't need that. We just need a group of 10-20 people who know what they are doing (of course, they will be instructed most of the time) to help us ensure that the server is stable and everything functions properly.

With this said, I'm not ruling out anyone - everyone will be able to apply for a beta key.

If it comes to a closed beta i'll surely apply if i got the time IRL, i'm so swapped atm i dont even have the time to work on the project i'm currently in :/ so then i won't apply. But who knows what it will be like in a month or two ^^

just keep working and amaze us :D

If it comes to a closed beta i'll surely apply if i got the time IRL, i'm so swapped atm i dont even have the time to work on the project i'm currently in :/ so then i won't apply. But who knows what it will be like in a month or two ^^

just keep working and amaze us :D

Will do, will do. Thank you :)

I would love to get some more information about the summoner vocation, what will they look like?

Summoners are a mage-like vocation that can take any role in the team. Very versatile but requires a bit more strategic approach than any other vocation. They have 2 paths to choose;
  • Elemental Summoner (Elementalist):
    They can summon creatures of Earth, Water, Fire and Energy. Each type has a characteristic that defines it, for example Earth creatures are tougher to kill and generally have taunt/challenge spells, so they are made for tanking. Water creatures use AoE, Fire creatures deal massive single target damage and Energy creatures focus on stunning and dealing quick damage.

• Shamanic Summoner (Shaman):
    They can summon statues and totems. You have offensive totems that are made only for attacking, but the true power of shaman comes from special abilities that totems provide for the player and his team, which are various AoE regenerations and bonuses.
You can have 2 creatures summoned at a time and you can control them individually as well as set some parameters of their behavior (e.g. who should they focus on healing). Your soul is connected to your summons, so having summons on the field weakens your character, which is why there are also spells that allow you to support your summons while they are fighting for you.
Optionally, you may choose to fight without summons (using staves).

After reading what a summoner would be able to do, I'm interested to know something about Shadow Strikers and Berserkers. :)

Well both of them are DPS vocations - Berserkers use axe weapons and attack faster the lower their HP is, they have a special stat called Rage which fills as you attack and deal damage. The higher your rage is, the better your spells become. (gain new effects, more dmg, etc.)
Shadowstriker uses daggers and all those assassin-ish kind of weapons (throwing stars/knives, etc.) and is stronger during night time. They can use full stealth and deal psy damage, and they are extremely squishy but compensate for that with one of their main attributes which is dodging.

I could go on about all vocations, but I don't want to waste a lot of time explaining now because we will be making a page specifically dedicated to this once we are done remaking all vocations.

Well both of them are DPS vocations - Berserkers use axe weapons and attack faster the lower their HP is, they have a special stat called Rage which fills as you attack and deal damage. The higher your rage is, the better your spells become. (gain new effects, more dmg, etc.)
Shadowstriker uses daggers and all those assassin-ish kind of weapons (throwing stars/knives, etc.) and is stronger during night time. They can use full stealth and deal psy damage, and they are extremely squishy but compensate for that with one of their main attributes which is dodging.

I could go on about all vocations, but I don't want to waste a lot of time explaining now because we will be making a page specifically dedicated to this once we are done remaking all vocations.
Nice and even though you are going to make a page specifically made for vocation, it's nice that you're taking your time to answer some of our questions.
After reading what you said about shadowstrikers and berserkers, I will most likely be a shadowstriker. Can't wait for the server to be released to the public. (Online)

Farewell.

Last edited:
I am not sure if we will we have an open beta, but it all depends on whether we feel it's necessary or not. In case we have a closed beta, registration keys will be handed out to those we deem fit and useful for actual testing. Many people join games in beta phases just to play them, and they don't even focus on the true goal of this testing phase. I've seen some people not even reporting bugs, or discovering bugs and deliberately NOT reporting them so they can abuse them after release.

We don't need that. We just need a group of 10-20 people who know what they are doing (of course, they will be instructed most of the time) to help us ensure that the server is stable and everything functions properly.

With this said, I'm not ruling out anyone - everyone will be able to apply for a beta key.
Helped test the server wayyyyy back hope i get a chance to again

Gimme some info about Wildheart and spearman please :D
Eh... seems like I have to explain every voc ;_;
Wildhearts use fist weapons and transform into various animals to gain new powers and spells, Spearmen are like the tanky vocation in the Archer class - they have less range than any other archer, but are able to wear tankier EQ and shields.

Back