• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Taken from our facebook page, here is a recent post from our Nostalgia weekend:
(figured I should post it here too, in case someone is interested in reading but hasn't liked our facebook page)

It shows the evolution of Necronia (clients) over the years.

Necronia 1.0 (2009)
The first ever Necronia custom client back when only Shiva and Milice worked on it. Dear folks, this was our genesis. When you look at this picture and compare it to the current client, you can tell how far we've come. Either way, if it wasn't for this nooby black screen with blue letters in Tibia font, we wouldn't be where we are today.

10151921_744687975562919_621621276_n.png

I'm missing a picture of the client that was there prior to this one (actually there was a couple, so if anyone has a picture of them, let me know).

Necronia 2.0 (2009-2010)
After performing various updates and fixes, we added a snowy atmosphere to the Necrocity (main city at the time), new teleports and bosses and this shadowy figure on the picture as a main antagonist of the server. However, nobody ever got to see who the person was because the server was later closed to begin the development of Necronia NW.

It was closed because it was too "high-exp" and I wanted to create something more RPG-ish and low exp. To be honest, people were sometimes so strong, that I felt I couldn't create a monster strong enough to oppose them.

1970515_744688142229569_1932407740_n.png

Necronia NW ALPHA (2010)
We haven't used this client for more than a month, and it was used while we tested some functionalities on our very-early and unfinished version of the Necronia NW server.
This was the beginning of the Necronia NW server as we know it. Soon, Tarjei joined our team as a programmer and he remained until this very day.

10154221_744697412228642_1690832479_n.jpg

Necronia NW (2010-2011)
This was the first client we used in Necronia NW. The server was developed parellel with being online, and although it didn't have many features at the beginning, and featured some of the most hideous mapping I've done in my life (as well as some badly written scripts), it was quite an attraction for a little while. We reached a new highscore peak, saw that we're going in a right direction with the RPG aspect, and we kept going until we released even more features with the next big update.

1964841_744688062229577_1879300821_n.png

Necronia NW (2012)

Many may argue this was the golden age of Necronia, while some will say it was its downfall (which it was). This version featured many new sprites and monsters, client updates (custom picture tutorials for example), and even an additional tool that contained all recipes for blacksmithing (anyone remember that program?). It was a very troublesome time when speaking of bugs and crashes, and to top it all, only I and Tarjei were left in the team. We couldn't handle everything and there were big debates on whether we should reset the whole server, which resulted in us completely shutting it off to give it a decent remake and fix all the problems that it had. This remake is the very remake we're currently working on. (For almost 2 years now)

10152631_744688148896235_2085869256_n.png

Necronia NW Test (2013)

This was the first OTClient based client we ever used. It was used to test various stuff as well as provide access to a "capture the flag" test which lasted very shortly due to lags and ultimately was closed. Either way, this client turned into something beautiful over time, and provided us the ability to make some things we never dreamt of (in the old client).

1604453_744688258896224_607692066_n.png

Necronia NW (2014)
This is the climax of the previous client's development, and the client that we will be using when we release the server this year. It has been packed with various changes and additions to the old client, awesome new UI and features and more. It's still in development though, but will be done by the time we release.

1973479_744688368896213_1068219943_o.jpg

For more bonus images and a reveal of new Conqueria, visit this album on the facebook page.​

Taken from our facebook page, here is a recent post from our Nostalgia weekend:
(figured I should post it here too, in case someone is interested in reading but hasn't liked our facebook page)

It shows the evolution of Necronia (clients) over the years.

Necronia 1.0 (2009)
The first ever Necronia custom client back when only Shiva and Milice worked on it. Dear folks, this was our genesis. When you look at this picture and compare it to the current client, you can tell how far we've come. Either way, if it wasn't for this nooby black screen with blue letters in Tibia font, we wouldn't be where we are today.

10151921_744687975562919_621621276_n.png

I'm missing a picture of the client that was there prior to this one (actually there was a couple, so if anyone has a picture of them, let me know).

Necronia 2.0 (2009-2010)
After performing various updates and fixes, we added a snowy atmosphere to the Necrocity (main city at the time), new teleports and bosses and this shadowy figure on the picture as a main antagonist of the server. However, nobody ever got to see who the person was because the server was later closed to begin the development of Necronia NW.

It was closed because it was too "high-exp" and I wanted to create something more RPG-ish and low exp. To be honest, people were sometimes so strong, that I felt I couldn't create a monster strong enough to oppose them.

1970515_744688142229569_1932407740_n.png

Necronia NW ALPHA (2010)
We haven't used this client for more than a month, and it was used while we tested some functionalities on our very-early and unfinished version of the Necronia NW server.
This was the beginning of the Necronia NW server as we know it. Soon, Tarjei joined our team as a programmer and he remained until this very day.

10154221_744697412228642_1690832479_n.jpg

Necronia NW (2010-2011)
This was the first client we used in Necronia NW. The server was developed parellel with being online, and although it didn't have many features at the beginning, and featured some of the most hideous mapping I've done in my life (as well as some badly written scripts), it was quite an attraction for a little while. We reached a new highscore peak, saw that we're going in a right direction with the RPG aspect, and we kept going until we released even more features with the next big update.

1964841_744688062229577_1879300821_n.png

Necronia NW (2012)

Many may argue this was the golden age of Necronia, while some will say it was its downfall (which it was). This version featured many new sprites and monsters, client updates (custom picture tutorials for example), and even an additional tool that contained all recipes for blacksmithing (anyone remember that program?). It was a very troublesome time when speaking of bugs and crashes, and to top it all, only I and Tarjei were left in the team. We couldn't handle everything and there were big debates on whether we should reset the whole server, which resulted in us completely shutting it off to give it a decent remake and fix all the problems that it had. This remake is the very remake we're currently working on. (For almost 2 years now)

10152631_744688148896235_2085869256_n.png

Necronia NW Test (2013)

This was the first OTClient based client we ever used. It was used to test various stuff as well as provide access to a "capture the flag" test which lasted very shortly due to lags and ultimately was closed. Either way, this client turned into something beautiful over time, and provided us the ability to make some things we never dreamt of (in the old client).

1604453_744688258896224_607692066_n.png

Necronia NW (2014)
This is the climax of the previous client's development, and the client that we will be using when we release the server this year. It has been packed with various changes and additions to the old client, awesome new UI and features and more. It's still in development though, but will be done by the time we release.

1973479_744688368896213_1068219943_o.jpg

For more bonus images and a reveal of new Conqueria, visit this album on the facebook page.​
Love it, glad you guys are the developers, Necronia couldn't get better people, when you release it Cip is going to get wrecked.
Keep up the good work.
Cheers :)

2014! Such an advancement. Glad you guys never gave up.
Keep it up.
Farewell.
>.<

My apologies to OTland staff and our followers - seems like the previous version of the this thread had broken some forum rules and the thread was deleted. Luckily, the problem was able to be easily fixed and the thread is back. With this, I also took the opportunity to fix some grammar mistakes in the original post as well as add new links to the images.

Because of this, the thread missed our latest update from the website. Here are some of the highlights of the update:

Return From The Far Away Lands
  • Made slight changes to the website's look.
  • Announced that our construction on Tjenn'Lunar is finally finished after more than year and a half.
  • Made some remarks on how we will approach the Beta test phase and how to get invitations.
  • Spoke about the changes you will be able to see in the world such as new spells and monster abilities.
  • Posted a final decision on what we will do about PVP.
  • Added a new part of Lore.

Last edited:
Like some of you may have noticed, we updated our website the latest news. For those of you haven't seen it yet, this is what it contains:
Final Phase, Commence
  • Moved to a new forum
  • Remarks about our latest accomplishments
  • Remarks about our plans for the near future
  • Some silly pictures :'D
Read the full update here.

firstlogin.png

We will post (soon) on the new forum regarding the latest feature we added:

Revive:

Divine_Caldera.gif

When you die, your screen goes black/white and you are stuck in this ghost mode for 10 seconds.
During this time, a Saint can revive you and save you from experiencing actual death.

Like I mentioned in the previous post, we have updated our forum with a brief description of the death/revive system, as well as a video of the final boss on Necronia.

Check it out on our forum and let us know what you think about it!

This looks so awesome! This is great I'm so going to try it. This is going to get super popular. Keep up the good work!

Im so in, like everybody to be honest :D Guys im gonna be defender so if you need a cannon fooder in your party just drop me a pm here, would be nice to create one big otland team :)

I'm thinking on the forum and the world map. About the layout it's pure magic. Hope the beta comes soon cause almost all of us have vacations now.

I'm thinking on the forum and the world map. About the layout it's pure magic. Hope the beta comes soon cause almost all of us have vacations now.

Ah yes... The world map, thanks for the reminder!

Well I will finish the layout for the website today, merge our maps and we begin working on content. Hopefully we'll do enough for a beta in short time. :3

MARVELOUS.
I can't wait, but the wait is worth it.
Every second you wait, the more epic it is.
:D

I think a rly nice feature would be a powergaming feature (showing daily most pging player). Not really an important feature but would be fun :p
Also what about a gallery where ppl can upload ingame screens?:D

I think a rly nice feature would be a powergaming feature (showing daily most pging player). Not really an important feature but would be fun :p
Also what about a gallery where ppl can upload ingame screens?:D

I don't really think the powergaming feature is necessary enough to make a whole script for it. Unless there is a script out here for that, I won't waste anyone's time to make it. But the screenshot gallery sounds nice, we will most definitely have some kind of a gallery, but most likely won't put ALL screenshots in there, only the best ones chosen from a thread on forum, or something along those lines :3

Back