• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

nice to hear guys :) im very sure when you are done with ur work here and bring out necronia completly it will be the best tibia made ot ever :)

nice to hear guys :) im very sure when you are done with ur work here and bring out necronia completly it will be the best tibia made ot ever :)

It will be? It already is :p
Its more perfected than tibia.

It will be? It already is :p
Its more perfected than tibia.

Thank you for your kind words guys, we are glad you think so!

Here's a little candy preview of the Beta Tester badge that all participants in the beta will be receiving on the official server.

0XYgqJf.png

We have yet to decide if we'll have an open beta, and if we don't, if the players who participated in the open beta (last christmas) will also receive this badge. The badge will automatically come attached to all characters on accounts that were created during the beta.

Thank you for your kind words guys, we are glad you think so!

Here's a little candy preview of the Beta Tester badge that all participants in the beta will be receiving on the official server.

0XYgqJf.png

We have yet to decide if we'll have an open beta, and if we don't, if the players who participated in the open beta (last christmas) will also receive this badge. The badge will automatically come attached to all characters on accounts that were created during the beta.

So will the beta be online for 2 more years or its going to open soon?

So will the beta be online for 2 more years or its going to open soon?
We aim to have Avernum completed and officially launch by late-summer, again as we state every time, there can be set backs. We are currently at the stage where we rewrite and rescript most of the quests and npcs, which is also the most time consuming. Making creatures, items, and the like goes by fast.
We do not like the idea of having the beta open for another two years because who knows how the OT community is faring by that point.

Sure go ahead :). The particles work for now now btw ! The one click system is awesome.

It would be cool if they dropped as like a glowing orb above the body and all you had to do was walk on top of it. Maybe if there was a chance it casted a spell on death which replenished X% mana /hp/stanima.

Sure go ahead :). The particles work for now now btw ! The one click system is awesome.

It would be cool if they dropped as like a glowing orb above the body and all you had to do was walk on top of it. Maybe if there was a chance it casted a spell on death which replenished X% mana /hp/stanima.

I think the one-click system will do just fine for now, no need to take excess actions for this simple matter.

We aim to have Avernum completed and officially launch by late-summer, again as we state every time, there can be set backs. We are currently at the stage where we rewrite and rescript most of the quests and npcs, which is also the most time consuming. Making creatures, items, and the like goes by fast.
We do not like the idea of having the beta open for another two years because who knows how the OT community is faring by that point.

Well if its so unstable why dont u make a open beta, You already have 100 characters that is reged.

Well if its so unstable why dont u make a open beta, You already have 100 characters that is reged.

It isn't that unstable generally, perhaps he was referring to the situation we had up until recently with the fishing script that crashed the server. Open beta might be opened in the last week or two weeks before release to assure total stability, but for now we have enough testers to test the content we're releasing.

Awesome bro.. Do remember though - fuck how ots is faring in two years. You have made this bespoke. It isn't an OT but rather a new game under the OT umbrella. Tarjei and yourself have created/made an awesome adjustment to how the client reacts to the server.

Right now your following is essentally ot players.. But when this does go public, i'd imagine you'd get a fair amount of interest outside of the OT and perhaps tibia community. Atleast, if you market it properly.

There is ofc another aspect to that. Copyright laws. Hate them coming to this. As you said Necronia is a new game already. It still would need to redo all sprites in order to make it the full game it deserves to be !

There is ofc another aspect to that. Copyright laws. Hate them coming to this. As you said Necronia is a new game already. It still would need to redo all sprites in order to make it the full game it deserves to be !
This is the greatest set-back to the OT-Land community.

If only we could make-up a decent free sprite-pack that has enough sprites to convince people to stop using tibia's .spr and .dat

This is the greatest set-back to the OT-Land community.

If only we could make-up a decent free sprite-pack that has enough sprites to convince people to stop using tibia's .spr and .dat
The last thing for my server will be custom sprites. When the time comes and I have not found spriter for my OT, I will learn spriting myself and start changing out all the ~5k+ tiles i used.
and mark my words i will release them all to community for others to use.
(although they might not look as good as original, but at least no copyrights on them)

Back