• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Please add bucket to smithing. We need it to talk with "A Prisoner" but i think on map it's only one bucket ...

I'll finally be back tonight, and we can get some updates going as soon as possible! If you haven't read up on it, check out our website's latest article to read more about what's coming. Excited!

Please add bucket to smithing. We need it to talk with "A Prisoner" but i think on map it's only one bucket ...

Well said. I'll do that tonight.

Today i have to say, i saw "God":

hello.png

How is the intro in this server? If the server starts and 100 players start, will they all walk the same intro?

How is the intro in this server? If the server starts and 100 players start, will they all walk the same intro?

Yes, it's like a small introductory area/tutorial area that gets you familiarized with the basic functions (walking, roping, exiting holes, jumping, sprinting, etc.) and then you get to the "intro" area which is basically a bit of lore spoken by an NPC + a few cutscenes.

There is an NPC called Crystal that guides you through this, but only you can see your own Crystal, everyone else has one but it's invisible to you.

That's true, I've been recovering from the system crash for the better part of the day + entire day yesterday, so it delayed my work in several areas including Necronia.

I've been working on PixelRealm and some photoshop designs for the past few hours, but tonight you can expect a huge news update on Necronia, as well as new content being pushed out constantly.

We already have the mine area ready for release, so that is happening really soon!

Yesterday, I posted on our website, but was too tired to post here/on our facebook, so for everyone who's interested and has missed out, this is what's going on:

It's been a rough and long time, these past 2 weeks. Accept my deepest apologies for this absence, as I have truly gone through the busiest time of my life during this period. Without getting into too much detail, I'm finally done with all that, and I've finally repaired my computer (which... failed me again), so I can continue working on Necronia together with the team.

Despair not, even though I was not here to inform you of it, the team has been working hard on new features and preparing for our future updates.
So, let's take a look at what's going on!

1.16 released

In case you haven't noticed, the 1.16 update for the client has been released. You can download it manually from our download page, or have the automatic updater do that for you next time you run the Necronia client.

This update doesn't do many things, but the ones it does are very important. The client has been stabilized in this update and uses more than 200 MB less RAM than it used to. This is great news, especially for people with weak computers.

It adds a new function to the character options menu, which I will discuss below, and provides us with some framework necessary to finish the pet system that's been in development for quite a while now. Speaking of which...

Pets & Mounting

Finally, we can reveal some information on pets and their mechanics.
Pets will be your supportive companions that can be obtained through quests or shopping. They will be available to both free account players and epic account players.
You can give your own pet a name, and you can have multiple pets, but only 1 may be summoned at a time. Your pets can not attack.

WlVDGk4.png

(Riding is now a feature available for all outfits!)

You can ride your pet (probably an EACC only feature) to get a movement speed boost without wasting your own stamina. Instead, you will waste your pet's stamina. When your pet gets too exhausted, it will lie down to rest. All pets naturally regenerate stamina, especially while resting, but this process can be much faster if you feed them food.

FsCTLTZ.png

(Know which pet to use in which environment!)

Each pet likes only 3 types of food, so you'll have learn to live with your pets and their habits. Pets will also carry a certain amount of items for you, like a tiny cute walking depot.

And last, but not least, each pet has a special ability. It can either be passive or active, and it is related to that pet's natural behavior and habitat.

bCBjHR4.png

(Ride your pets into discoveries and adventures never seen before!)

New Areas
While Silence has been reworking some of the old areas into exciting new dungeons, I've been working on a new area that will be released tomorrow (today, as of now):

The Varlore Mines

9tSHb6Z.png

The Varlore Mines are a low-to-mid level area where you can gather as many ores of iron, tarnite, steel, kalemyte, etc. as you want.
All the while, you'll be pested by Earthcrawlers, Earthdiggers, and a few other interesting annelid specimens.
We hope you'll have a drilling experience exploring and mining in here!

DIdRWhV.png

We are also preparing some other areas for their upcoming release, as content should be pushed out insanely fast now that I am back and free to work on Necronia for days.

vQo4sDS.png

0duTJvI.png

New 1.16 party fix
You can now use this option on your character if you're a party leader to quickly switch party loot modes instead of using the deprecated chat command.

TEA2B6f.png

Recipes
With the Varlore Mines release, you'll find a couple of new recipes for equipment in your blacksmithing books. More recipes will be released every day as we sort and configure every group of items individually.
We'll start with helmets and work our way down your inventory.

Bugfixes
Bugfixing (unless critical) will be postponed for a few days until we push out some content updates. We'll return to our regular bugfixing schedule as soon as we're satisfied with the amount of new content that's in the test server over the next few days (or by the end of the week).
Once again, I'm very sorry that things happened the way they did during the last 2 weeks, but I have a life to deal with outside of Necronia too and unfortunately, it came to collect its debts. Now that these debts are paid, I can no life again and contribute to Necronia's development once again.

See you all on Necronia!

I can't see how manny people are online at the moment, is the server always on if I buy beta key?

I can't see how manny people are online at the moment, is the server always on if I buy beta key?
The server is usually always online and if I had to guess I'd say it has a 99% uptime.
You can't see how many people are online on the website, but in game you can use !online
The reason there isn't many people online is because most of us have already done quite a bit and just wait for updates :)

Is sad that I forgot all my account info and made the account with a fake mail address huehue :p

Hello, were can we apply for a beta key?

I'm a 25 y/o developer, i'd like to test this server. It seems to be a great project. ( I recently saw we had contact by pm when this project started). Btw, i have mac, i might need a compiled client if get the key xD

Hello, were can we apply for a beta key?

I'm a 25 y/o developer, i'd like to test this server. It seems to be a great project. ( I recently saw we had contact by pm when this project started). Btw, i have mac, i might need a compiled client if get the key xD

Currently, we take no applications for the beta, but there is a huge giveaway that we'll post more information about soon, so keep your eyes on the look out.
Unless you have a windows OS simulator on your mac, I doubt you'll be able to run the client as we have no mac. release as of yet.

Glad to see you following the project!

Is sad that I forgot all my account info and made the account with a fake mail address huehue :p

If you need help recovering your account, please PM me the information necessary for me to confirm your ownership of the account - Character name + any of the following combinations:

*Account name + Email you used
*Just email you used (you must have access to it in this case)

There are usually somewhere between 3-10 testers online on a regular day, on update days various old testers log in to test the new content so the number rises as well. You can use !online ingame to check the online players and staff.

The server is on pretty much 24/7 unless there is a maintenance. The server is hosted in Germany on a cheap host (due to it being beta), with latency being 60-110 on average for european testers, and somewhat bigger for testers overseas (some brazilians and australians reported it being up to 250-300).

If you need help recovering your account, please PM me the information necessary for me to confirm your ownership of the account - Character name + any of the following combinations:

*Account name + Email you used
*Just email you used (you must have access to it in this case)

I don't know about the mail that I used to be honest, but I have the PayPal receipt and MAYBE my account name. Perhaps if I give you the last IP recorded on the account? :(

Back