• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Hi everyone!

Yesterday, we released some new content on Avernum that you're able to access right now, so let's take a look at what has been released and done in the last couple of days.

Before we delve into the new content, let me clarify some things. The new updates that will be coming out over the course of the next 1-2 week will mainly be focused on monsters and populating areas with content.

Once we are done with that, we can tie that content to the story and to the NPCs/Quests - basically meaning that we won't make any elaborate quests until the map is populated with monsters. As you can see, that should go quite fast as we're able to push out at least 2 or 3 areas a day, depending on the circumstances.

The time in the game's storyline has been set to a different year to match up with the descriptions that the NPCs provide. This change has affected some books in the libraries, as well as Father Wisdom - I couldn't find any other NPCs or documents referring to the timeline.If any of you testers happens to find such objects or NPCs, please notify me immediately.

The date ingame now is roughly 13/08/70 AGC (After the Great Cataclysm).

We've added a couple of missing spearman spells that are still not displayed in the spellbook because we need to update the client for that, so if you're playing a spearman, know that the following spells are now available to you:

[Cage of Spears]: incarcera hasta
[Canned Food]: quaeso carnis

Also, you are now able to take hooks off of your fishing rods using [Scissors], a new tool craftable via Blacksmithing. The recipe can be found in Blacksmithing Menu > Tools.

mm0Rvmf.png

So, back to the new content. You are now able to access the Bandit Camp, a rather large outdoor encampment, comparable to a village. This place is full of outlaws that have been exiled from Conqueria for various reasons, and the Kingdom is even out for a couple of their heads specifically.

The Bandit camp is east of the Conqueria city, as seen on our world map on the website.

dN992qc.png

What's cool about this area is that you will find that many bandits have their own names and statuses in the bandit community. If you happen to run into those that the crown is after, you'll be rewarded plenty for bringing their heads, as there are some really dangerous people in there that need to be removed from the world, and as soon as possible. However, you'll find this to be quite a challenge, as they will not show up so easily. You'll have to draw them out.

fdbXg88.png

As you know, many creatures in Necronia have specific behaviors and abilities designed to contest your thinking and as such, they require certain strategies to be used. Of course, you can spam brainlessly and waste your supplies, but smart playing and usage of what the environment has to offer will greatly reduce these costs. Try your luck out with the bandits who will put up quite a challenge for mid-level players and demonstrate what it is to battle a swordsman, a ranger or a berserker, for example. And take care of your teammates, these bandits are cunning. They will notice which of the players in your team is the weakest and go for him directly!

Kx3GPWZ.png

For those looking for creatures with less brains and less strength, we present - the Meeple.

latest
latest
latest
latest

These rodents have evolved out of rats due to the radiation in the Stinkraw Swamp, and have moved north-east ever since to avoid further damage. In their hope to survive, they've taken up arms and created small groups of fighting troops to clean out a cave that they can inhabit.

MWgekSE.png

The bandits that were hiding in a stony cave north of the city were unfortunate enough to be their victims, as they outnumbered and slaughtered them all, taking their cave and turning it into their new home.

lHQisga.png

Will you stand up to the little pest before they start reproducing and covering more area? We'll find out. The meeple are waiting for you with some interesting loot, so make sure to scour their cave and take what you can.

JcsuEpH.png

And that would be all for now!
We'll be adding new blacksmithing recipes tonight, so you have that to look forward to, and as soon as the recipes are done, new monsters and areas coming, so expect an update in a day or two.

We'll also be giving out 3 free beta keys on our facebook page so hit us up there and keep your eyes opened because the post about it is coming soon.

9Wof5AE.png

See you on Necronia!

nteam.png

bandits bounty is really cool idea.

Indeed. I think the players will find tracking down and eliminating these bandits thrilling.

A list of wanted bandits and their descriptions + bounties can be found all over the city.

nD7SX5T.png

For those of you that didn't catch it, we have a beta key giveaway on our facebook page, so make sure to check that out if you're looking to support us and get into the closed beta as well.

11028370_1001830939848620_337584627091111952_n.png

Meanwhile, the updates will continue. Tonight you can expect to see the Spider Cave open with a bunch of new monsters and items, as well as new recipes for blacksmithing. More on that soon!

For those of you that didn't catch it, we have a beta key giveaway on our facebook page, so make sure to check that out if you're looking to support us and get into the closed beta as well.

11028370_1001830939848620_337584627091111952_n.png

Meanwhile, the updates will continue. Tonight you can expect to see the Spider Cave open with a bunch of new monsters and items, as well as new recipes for blacksmithing. More on that soon!

How long has this server been in developement? I swear I remember seeing this server in developement back in 2010. But maybe im confusing it with another

How long has this server been in developement? I swear I remember seeing this server in developement back in 2010. But maybe im confusing it with another

The server has existed under the same name since 2009, but it was very different back then (high exp, teleports, etc.). It was online for some 2 and half years before we took it down to recreate it in a low-exp RPG fashion, then it went online again in the period of 2011-2012, and then again down for a massive revamp that's been worked at ever since.

So this newest version has been in development for 3 years I'd say. 2 of which were just mapping. :O

The server has existed under the same name since 2009, but it was very different back then (high exp, teleports, etc.). It was online for some 2 and half years before we took it down to recreate it in a low-exp RPG fashion, then it went online again in the period of 2011-2012, and then again down for a massive revamp that's been worked at ever since.

So this newest version has been in development for 3 years I'd say. 2 of which were just mapping. :O

I wish I had 1/8 a project like that man, this thread is breathtaking, you took open tibia to a whole other new level.
I see the hard work you put in there and the sprites (including the spell for knight:eek:) are extremely amazing.
Anyways, good luck with your project.. Pretty much promising and I'm sure it's going to succeed.

I wish I had 1/8 a project like that man, this thread is breathtaking, you took open tibia to a whole other new level.
I see the hard work you put in there and the sprites (including the spell for knight:eek:) are extremely amazing.
Anyways, good luck with your project.. Pretty much promising and I'm sure it's going to succeed.

It is always motivating and inspiring to hear such opinions, thank you!

If u have time check my thread regarding another ranged class on forum :)

I finally had time to buy a beta key and hop on the server after looking at its progress for over a year... And I'm absolutely loving the server man. All the hard work you guys have put into this server is showing drastically. Keep up the updates and once again.. Magnificent work guys!

I finally had time to buy a beta key and hop on the server after looking at its progress for over a year... And I'm absolutely loving the server man. All the hard work you guys have put into this server is showing drastically. Keep up the updates and once again.. Magnificent work guys!

Thank you, we're glad you're enjoying it and while on the topic of updating. There will be a huge update today as soon as the next restart happens. \o /

Thank you, we're glad you're enjoying it and while on the topic of updating. There will be a huge update today as soon as the next restart happens. \o /
All of us are enjoying but waiting is so annoying :)

Hello everyone!

Today I'm bringing you a short report on the newest updates that have taken place tonight and 2 days ago, just so that you're aware that there is new content to test.
A new update (again) will most likely be issued tomorrow.

So, what's new?

Several areas have been unlocked for exploration and testing, including monsters and new loot that comes with them. Try them out!

The Druid Caves
The pre-Melumelia area covered in thick grass, perserved nature and stiff caves is now available. Here, you will find a party of Dryads, Druids, Naturekeepers and Spiritualists.

Don't let their friendly names confuse you, these outcasts have no tolerance for the likes of you, or anyone else coming from Conqueria. These elders have been on this territory even before the void war, and they've seen a beautiful landscape destroyed and regrown times and times, until the King raised the walls so high & laid the concrete so hard, that no vegetation was left but dried grass and dead woods. They are out for your blood, and their ancient magic and shapeshifting abilities will contribute to their purpose.

Beware!

13tBM3s.png

The Ruins of Thraul
Once a part of Avernum, the peninsula of Thraul has been "chopped off" and sent floating by the voidlings during the void war. Now all that's left is a tiny piece of land covered in dirt, broken stones and wilting flowers.

Some of its old inhabitants, the Barrenbeasts & Barrenbugs can still be found roaming the place, isolated and hungry. Thread lightly when approaching this area, these beasts come in packs and will not hesitate to attack you even at the sight of plate armored chests and sharply pointed spears.

4Hpez5j.png

The Spider Cave
On the northern shores of Avernum lies a cave so forsaken and dark that no one dared to enter for hundreds of years. Recent reports say that it has been covered in cobwebs and overflowing with spiders and insects of all kinds. If the stories are true and they've been breeding down there for an entire century, may the Gods have mercy on the ones curious enough to peek into this deathtrap of a silky dungeon.

mkTq9X8.png

The Northshore
The northern shores, apart from the subdued yet threatening surroundings, are a pretty peaceful place. Many a Furian moved there in times of old age to enjoy the sight of the sea and make use of the fertile land to farm food and make delightful beverages in distilleries. However, the Northshore villagers are facing new problems increasingly, as of recently. Not is there only a pollution of mosquitos swarming their farmlands, but the Tortoises also trample all over their crops. And a rumor says there's been a sighting of a dreadful pirate ship...

M4kZAKm.png

NOTE: No NPCs have been released for these areas yet, only monsters. We'll add all the NPCs once all monsters are placed on the map.

All of us are enjoying but waiting is so annoying :)

I'm aware of that. :(
We're doing our best here, now that we have more free time due to the summer break, pushing out elaborate updates in intervals of 24-30 hours, which is pretty great. The process will go even faster once I get this new laptop that I'm about to buy by the end of this month since I'm currently working on a minimal setup without most of my tools and plan documents.

---------------------

FREE BETA KEYS

For those who still haven't caught it, we're holding a beta key giveaway on our facebook page (that ends in 3 days), so go over there and read up on the rules to join the giveaway.

Damn.. I really wanna play this.. But I just can't commit myself to play with no one to play with :<

Perhaps you could come ingame and see if there's anyone interested in teaming up with you. There are some new players online lately, so I reckon they'd appreciate some company. We'll be giving away some beta keys on 16th July so there will be even more new guys.

Im considering buying the beta-key. Is there any COUPON? :p

There are no coupons available right now, but if we do have any again, we'll notify everyone via the forum/fb page.

Meanwhile, check out a new mechanic for Wildhearts - stackable weapons:

i4MJEvq.png

And some other cool new items:

RLwG452.png

wY5d16m.png

SyRhMdi.png

New update coming later today!

Back