• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

We are aiming for this year but setbacks can happen.

What about open beta?
If you ask me, I think you should have at least a couple of weeks or a month of open beta. I know you have really though everything through, but anything can happen, specially server-side.
Just suggesting to have a proper open beta when moving to the dedi and also showing the content to new players that want to try it out.
Best of luck !!

What about open beta?
If you ask me, I think you should have at least a couple of weeks or a month of open beta. I know you have really though everything through, but anything can happen, specially server-side.
Just suggesting to have a proper open beta when moving to the dedi and also showing the content to new players that want to try it out.
Best of luck !!
Agreed :D

What about open beta?
Best of luck !!

There probably will be a period of open beta prior to the release, just to test the stability with more players online, however, I don't like the idea of open beta because:
1. Necronia is a low exp server and there are inevitably going to be people who will no-life on open beta, then lose the will to re-do it all upon official release, thus making us lose players that could've otherwise enjoyed the game.
2. Spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers

But i do like it because it will help us test with a more realistic environment and with the presence of more players, that can reveal bugs that are potentially undiscovered with a lower tester base...

We'll update you with more info on this note once we make a decision.

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a Necronia development stream where I talk with you guys as I make content for an update so you can see what the process looks like and how we test things?

Hmm is there going to be a beta key give away soon or not? been wanting to really give this a go but havent had internet in God only knows how long lol (no one cares just ranting bout my internet lol)

Hmm is there going to be a beta key give away soon or not? been wanting to really give this a go but havent had internet in God only knows how long lol (no one cares just ranting bout my internet lol)

Most likely, yes. If I hold that stream tomorrow or whenever, I'll probably give away a key or two.

Is it offline?

Yes, Tarjei began doing some maintenance work on the engine yesterday but was unable to finish it, so he'll do it today (hopefully) when he's back from work.

What about stream?

Sorry, I couldn't stream because Necronia is offline at the moment. Read the message above this ^
:/

Is there anything you get with buying beta key? It would be nice if that would come in package with some decos or outfit that would be unique for people who supported during beta by buying key. And obviously obtained in official release.

Is there anything you get with buying beta key? It would be nice if that would come in package with some decos or outfit that would be unique for people who supported during beta by buying key. And obviously obtained in official release.

Everyone who participated in the beta receives a badge, an outfit, a pet, and a few other aesthetic goodies.

Everyone who participated in the beta receives a badge, an outfit, a pet, and a few other aesthetic goodies.

Well, then it is some info that could be included in beta key buy page because this is something encouraging to buy it.

Well, then it is some info that could be included in beta key buy page because this is something encouraging to buy it.

That's definitely a good suggestion. I'll probably do it sometime soon.

when is serv back up? Wanted to start a mage

Not exactly sure yet. Tarjei left me an engine that's "capable of performing" and when I started it, one of the main systems still seemed to be broken so I shut it off.
I guess we'll have to wait for him to fix it, probably once he wakes up, as it's already 1:44 am and he doesn't seem to be online anywhere so I assume he's sleeping.

We're trying to patch up the memory leak that we discovered earlier this month but so far no success.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Something I dislike is blacksmithing, its cool to make your own stuff but the interface to check all patterns is really annoying to use... you consider putting something on the website to we can check there?

Hmm, what about first post update? Feb 2 is little bit long ago..
You're right. I'll have to update this thing soon.

Something I dislike is blacksmithing, its cool to make your own stuff but the interface to check all patterns is really annoying to use... you consider putting something on the website to we can check there?
I don't know how accurate or updated this is, but it seems to have quite a collection of information on it right now. If you find it handier, feel free to use/update with other contributors:
http://necronianewworld.wikia.com/wiki/Blacksmithing_Recipes

Back