• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia NW Revamp ♦ Mapping Thread

Thanks, i will try to finish alot of the forest (will be big)! That way more screens, more adventure :>

You possess a exceptional mapping style that you don't see often in my opinion. There are however a few small details which I would change.
Those bushes and those taller tree's in picture #2 and #3 of your second post should be more randomized with other tree types, for the small "thicker" bushes just change a few to a more "pointing" bush or you could always rely back at your creativity ofcourse (I hope at least that this is understandable :d).

I also dislike the use of the big mushrooms in picture #2 (there's only 1, but still...) and especially in picture #4 because of placing multiple mushrooms, I find that quite ugly, yet in picture #5 this fits and it looks nice because it's in a cave. And oh yea, that last picture of your first post, the bush that is at the bottom doesn't fit to, but that's more photographically than a mapping error.

Anyhow, keep it going!

Last edited:
Understood, the bushes will stay maybe i will add more small fir trees, regarding the mushrooms yh. I agree, i orginally intended to make it more jungle focused but changed it and i guess i should remove those mushrooms ^^.

That bush by the gate is fine, as you said - not really map error.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

oh first post, not mine ^^

Will have some exceptional images of the forest for the weekend.

Revamping more swamp currently, will post a shitload of teaser pictures soon!
Take a sneak peek of the revamp:

i6RGtJ.gif

1 more picture! :3
swamp2.png

Last edited:
Last swamp image is rather ugly..

It is kinda respective of the server itself. Rather than rpg mapping it is "necronia mapping". The players of it will like it and thats what matters tbh.

Also regarding me mapping tjenn, rme crashed after 3 hours -.-'

Last swamp image is rather ugly..

You're entitled to your opinion. The theme is that way because of the storyline, it's not meant to be an actual real swampy swamp, I just called it swamp because that's what it was before.

- - - Updated - - -

And here are the pictures from the latest teaser (which can be found on our forum with a story aligned to these pics if you're interested):

1-6.png

2-5.png

5-5.png

4-5.png

6-5.png

10-2.png

9-2.png

8-2.png

More to come soon!
I am also aware of the few visible mistakes/unfinished tiles in a few pictures, but too late now to correct them. :\

Last edited:
The maps look great. I also like all the talktype_monster tiles.
Also that edited GS sprite is ominous :3

Red

The maps look great. I also like all the talktype_monster tiles.
Also that edited GS sprite is ominous :3

Red

Well thanks! Though they're not actioned tiles, rather a talkaction that prints out the text I want that way. I figured it's handier for these screenshots. C:

I will read the story soon, I waas busy with something to make that. But I love revamped swamp : DD

Back