• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia NW Revamp ♦ Mapping Thread

I love your creativity and the way you revamp things, and the way you use the new sprites. I am a person who loves simple and clean pieces. I found yours a bit to spammed. It will makes my brain go crazy beeiing online I think.

Haha, thanks.

To everyone, I won't spam on the other styles as much, this is just the 'deep swamp' part that deserves to look more covered and overwhelmed by unrestrainedly growing plants to give it that look which makes you feel surrounded and gripped by environment. As you could see in the first post, the other parts don't really look that way. I hope this partially explains the reasons behind such mapping. :rolleyes:

Even tho i am busy with work/moving/buildingwork at new house. I will do my best to get something for tjenn in the next week.
I pinky swear :p

I'll be waiting. :p
Mentioning Tjenn'Lunar, here's something mildly connected to it.

1-11.png

Tjennic Temple

I have to mention that here I tried to combine several new elements to see how it fits and I personally like some of the outcome, but not the whole - so this might be reworked in future. Or at least the amount of carpetbrushes will be reduced.

y so much spam?
y so much gravel?
y so much random stuff?
What's the random fountain for?

and I hate the water/dirtwater borders, but that's just a matter of taste

y so much spam?
y so much gravel?
y so much random stuff?
What's the random fountain for?

and I hate the water/dirtwater borders, but that's just a matter of taste

Well for one, I'm a mediocre mapper and also I'm trying to combine some of those new elements that were recently introduced, so I'm aware that many won't be too positive about it, but f**k it
(#YOLO HURRDURR)
, I'm here to get some opinions on it 'cause I'm bored by all the old stuff.

I explained in the post that I too, did not like the gravel, so I will remove it (but it was too late, I already took that picture before and couldn't be bothered to take a new one). However, I'd rather prefer if you tell me your opinion why exactly don't you like the other stuff, instead of asking me why I put it there.

About the fountain.. well I felt something needed to fill the space there, and the fountain/fountain border fits the color of the temple although I don't like that fountain sprite - it was the only one that would fit exactly into that circular border so I put it anyway. :$

(though I totally understand why you would ask such questions, shit is so random..)

Still pretty spammed but if it's a swamp I suppose it's supposed to be, didn't really like the last picture, those brown boarders look like cookie crumbs xD But decent overall ;)

Still pretty spammed but if it's a swamp I suppose it's supposed to be, didn't really like the last picture, those brown boarders look like cookie crumbs xD But decent overall ;)

Yea, the swamp is always like that, I meant the cave thingy.
Thanks for commenting, always appreciated. C:

Here's a fresh addition to the swamp -

Refined Wasp Tower
(exterior)
4-8.png

(interior)
5-8.png

As you could have noticed, most of the latest pictures take place in swamp. Why? Because a major part of the adventuring area between 2 main cities is located in the swamp.

It looks like something builded from scratch by those wasps, so I think 2-3x more of them inside would be nice (showing that the swarm was big enough to build that structure, not just find a natural hideout like usual wasps do) :) And the hole inside does't match imo.

It looks like something builded from scratch by those wasps, so I think 2-3x more of them inside would be nice (showing that the swarm was big enough to build that structure, not just find a natural hideout like usual wasps do) :) And the hole inside does't match imo.

Yeah you're right. However, I might add on to that idea by revamping the tower next to this one (the other one is bigger), because this one is too small for more wasps. We'll say that their main tower is the other one then!
And yeah the hole sucks, but there was no better. If you have a suggestion let me know :\

Here's a fresh addition to the swamp -

Refined Wasp Tower
(exterior)
4-8.png

(interior)
5-8.png

As you could have noticed, most of the latest pictures take place in swamp. Why? Because a major part of the adventuring area between 2 main cities is located in the swamp.

I like that you tried to do something with some new sprites, however from what I can judge this piece was a terrible failure. Combinating that ground (dry grass) with the walls is not a very smart idea as they both goes within one kind of light colorscheme. However I think it would look a lot better if you changed the dry grass to some other groundtile. And I'm not the right person to judge if it's bugfree, as I'm not even understanding the new sprites...

Well, it doesn't look horrible. Makes me wanna try to map with those shitty fugly sonbitch sprites. :D

Nice to see you with updates bro. As some people know i have been occupied lately. And just got back from canada this morning (funnily enough no jet lag... Like a baws) but the next few days i will be moving in to new house and wont have a wifi connection til the 20 something of january. Because BT are wank. Tho it will be fibre optic :>.

My point: i will be focused on mapping after i complete the move but you may not see updated until i get wifi again (since if i used phone 3g is shit there).

- - - Updated - - -

Not see my maps upated*

I like that you tried to do something with some new sprites, however from what I can judge this piece was a terrible failure. Combinating that ground (dry grass) with the walls is not a very smart idea as they both goes within one kind of light colorscheme. However I think it would look a lot better if you changed the dry grass to some other groundtile. And I'm not the right person to judge if it's bugfree, as I'm not even understanding the new sprites...

I might give it a shot, but the main purpose is to look dead and decayed such as the area it's located in. Thanks for advice.

Well, it doesn't look horrible. Makes me wanna try to map with those shitty fugly sonbitch sprites. :D

Yeah they're fun to play around with, but often confusing and unreliable. :(

@Ghost: Come on man we're waiting for you, we need to step up the progress! Go go go :p

@Thread: I'll be posting more pictures today/tomorrow I guess :$

Well what i can do is transfer screens to my phone and upload when i get 3g (if) :p that way there still is something.. XD

I'm getting rest of furniture moved tomorrow and then sort everything else. So i'd be moved this weekend.. And imo if i get cracking i'll have a major amount of tjenn done by mid jan atleast {the coastal caves, the forest ( fairly big ), the encampment etc}

Back