• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nelvara, Reset and Update Discussion Thread - The Unity of Nations, Misty Mountains

Well, regarding guidance I mean some more info here and there on where to find simple quests maybe. A lot of npcs dont really give any hints. Now I haven't played since the beginning since I started yesterday, as I already was level 43. Haven't done rook in ages so I can't really express myself about that one.

Since the server has some custom features I think it would be a great idea for players to experience them while in rookguard. You would introduce them to alchemy, mining, world drops, how enchanting works, and so on.
Also what exactly is "pure energy" (21:22 You see an item of type 8306.) supposed to do? I know the functions of the earth soil and rubies, but the pure energy is unclear.

I'm also not sure if world drops/enchanted items dropping is enabled. I've killed hundreds of monsters including many orcs/minotaur which drop items pretty often, yet no enchanted item.
I know it shouldn't be a common drop, but perhaps the drop rate % is to low? Imagine killing harder monsters which take more time and drops items less often. It will become even more difficult to find enchanted items.

As @Zasranets said, either the function to loot enchanted items isnt enabled, or its waaaaaay too low. Right now the quickest way to get rubies would be to level up new characters, which doesn't feel very motivating. Enchanting is a very fun and, at least sometimes, very rewarding part of the game. It shouldn't be something you do all the time, but you should be able to get a couple of rubies during the time inbetween level rewards.

Can you specify what you mean with guidence? Do you guys have any suggestions how to solve this? As it is right now you get marks for all the shops in Rimeville. You do also have a map on wikia with a lot of low level spawns outside the city.

Another question about guidence, what do you think about rookgard? Good or bad? As it is right now you learn a lot of stuff regarding weapon enchantment in rook, you also get to try them out.
As nelvara is a custom server, people need to learn how to play. If i start a server/game that i have no clue how to play, no clue how to make the first choices, i can say that i will just quit. Learning a custom server is hard, servers developers should make everything they can to make the learning experience smooth as possible. Another thing i want to tell is to make everything simple as possible. Simple is elegant, easy to learn and understand. Adding too much to a server and making a lot of things complex i believe will just make players leave. The most valuable thing in Tibia in my opinion is the fact its a simple game, try to steal it from tibia :)

If i recall correctly last time I was on rook there was nothing to do in a long run. But I generally like the Rook-like places, nice quiet environmental change from the main.

Since the server has some custom features I think it would be a great idea for players to experience them while in rookguard. You would introduce them to alchemy, mining, world drops, how enchanting works, and so on.
Also what exactly is "pure energy" (21:22 You see an item of type 8306.) supposed to do? I know the functions of the earth soil and rubies, but the pure energy is unclear.

I'm also not sure if world drops/enchanted items dropping is enabled. I've killed hundreds of monsters including many orcs/minotaur which drop items pretty often, yet no enchanted item.
I know it shouldn't be a common drop, but perhaps the drop rate % is to low? Imagine killing harder monsters which take more time and drops items less often. It will become even more difficult to find enchanted items.
The orb is part of the Alchemy system, we'll create a page @nelvara.com where you will be able to read more about the system if you decide it's time to start polishing your gear.

The drop of enchanted items is enabled, but pretty low atm. My guess is that the rates will be adjusted pretty heavily. We want people to be able to loot enchanted items at a steady rate, but still not too frequently since then it destroys the feeling of owning that perfectly rolled piece of equipment.

"First" update spoiler:

You will be able to choose between different races when you make your character. Depending on what race you choose you will start in a specific city.

The new races are,
Dwarf
Orc
Elf

Each race will probably have a special ability aswell, this feauture is still under development though.

Let us hear what you think about this guys.
Regards, David.

"First" update spoiler:

You will be able to choose between different races when you make your character. Depending on what race you choose you will start in a specific city.

The new races are,
Dwarf
Orc
Elf

Each race will probably have a special ability aswell, this feauture is still under development though.

Let us hear what you think about this guys.
Regards, David.

I like it, I already know what i'm going to play ;p

Btw I think burning flesh is kinda useless. If been playing on my knight lvl 109 for a little bit and it deals A LOT of damage over time. If i'm standing out of pz and i would be afk for like 2 mins i'm dead because of the damage, 3 damage each second? (my shield is +3 burning flesh) And with even encountering monsters it deals 3 damage x the amount of monsters around you. (Imagine the damage on a low lvl player, he would be dead in some seconds). Maybe it would be better what's about it on the site: You are your surrounding enemies will take fire damage. You inflict damage to yourself for each enemy you burn. (Maybe only takes and deal damage when there are monsters standing beside you instead of damage every second with or without monsters?)

I like it, I already know what i'm going to play ;p

Btw I think burning flesh is kinda useless. If been playing on my knight lvl 109 for a little bit and it deals A LOT of damage over time. If i'm standing out of pz and i would be afk for like 2 mins i'm dead because of the damage, 3 damage each second? (my shield is +3 burning flesh) And with even encountering monsters it deals 3 damage x the amount of monsters around you. (Imagine the damage on a low lvl player, he would be dead in some seconds). Maybe it would be better what's about it on the site: You are your surrounding enemies will take fire damage. You inflict damage to yourself for each enemy you burn. (Maybe only takes and deal damage when there are monsters standing beside you instead of damage every second with or without monsters?)
I understand your point. But this particular equipment enchantment is not meant to be used "out of the box". It is too good to be able to deal constant AoE damage each second without having to invest anything (besides the +X Burning Flesh enchantment on your equipment).

It is designed to greatly boost your characters offensive in the cost of defense. When combining Burning Flesh with for example Health Regeneration enchantments, the damage you lose will be abated. Or if you don't want to go Health Regeneration enchantments but instead want even more offense, maybe you will choose to party with a healer and equip your Burning Flesh equipment when at the hunting groups.

The minor raw cut sapphire is not working properly. Also when a world item drops such as a tome of exp, it does not say it in the loot section. (I think this applies for all of the world drops).
You have to actually open bodies to see if you looted a world drop. I'm not sure if that's intended but you would waste a huge amount of time if you checked the body of every monster you kill.

I ended up getting burning flesh 3-4 times in a row and was pretty disappointed because I couldn't really use my armor, but I think that's how it should be. Not every enchantment should be "good" or else it would be to easy to get the equipment you want. Though I do find it more useless than useful because even with a full Burning Flesh set the damage would not be that great, but I could be wrong.

I ended up enchanting my magma boots and got burning flesh +1, but since the boots have fire protection it negates itself. It's pretty cool because I run around on fire, yet I don't get damaged. :p

The minor raw cut sapphire is not working properly. Also when a world item drops such as a tome of exp, it does not say it in the loot section. (I think this applies for all of the world drops).
You have to actually open bodies to see if you looted a world drop. I'm not sure if that's intended but you would waste a huge amount of time if you checked the body of every monster you kill.

I ended up getting burning flesh 3-4 times in a row and was pretty disappointed because I couldn't really use my armor, but I think that's how it should be. Not every enchantment should be "good" or else it would be to easy to get the equipment you want. Though I do find it more useless than useful because even with a full Burning Flesh set the damage would not be that great, but I could be wrong.

I ended up enchanting my magma boots and got burning flesh +1, but since the boots have fire protection it negates itself. It's pretty cool because I run around on fire, yet I don't get damaged. :p
In these cases you could use:
21:59 You see unceremonious earth stone.
It weighs 2.50 oz.
This valuable stone gem will remove all enchantments from an item. The gem will be consumed in the process.

In these cases you could use:
21:59 You see unceremonious earth stone.
It weighs 2.50 oz.
This valuable stone gem will remove all enchantments from an item. The gem will be consumed in the process.
Yeah about those.. for some reason I feel as if they are useless unless I'm understand it wrong. What's the point in using the earth stone, if you can just use a ruby and reroll it. The only case I can see would be if you only have 1 armor available, then you end up getting burning flesh, and since you have no rubies or other armors then you'd be forced to use the earth stone.

Yeah about those.. for some reason I feel as if they are useless unless I'm understand it wrong. What's the point in using the earth stone, if you can just use a ruby and reroll it. The only case I can see would be if you only have 1 armor available, then you end up getting burning flesh, and since you have no rubies or other armors then you'd be forced to use the earth stone.
Another reason for using the orb could be that you would want to enchant the item yourself (through alchemy).

We are doing good progress on Nelvara and the release date is getting closer. If you want to follow us as we work please check out our website. Some new map content will be shown on Facebook page within near future aswell. Last but not least we will probably change to medium experience rate at the release, so please let your friends know about us! The server will fit all types of players!

yes, excited to play again, i've been peeking the site to see if anything changed since you released the first post about the restart, just about a year ago :p is there even a tiny chance you'll open sooner than the date if you have everything done? ;)

yes, excited to play again, i've been peeking the site to see if anything changed since you released the first post about the restart, just about a year ago :p is there even a tiny chance you'll open sooner than the date if you have everything done? ;)

Sweet as, Zibson!:)
On a huge custom server like this there is always something to do or improve! We will try to keep the same date as announced to increse our chances to get a bigger playerbase, which in the end means that you will enjoy the server longer with more players online!

Back