• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nelvara, Reset and Update Discussion Thread - The Unity of Nations, Misty Mountains

David Lättman

Nelvara Staff
Reaction score
Nelvara - The Unity of Nations, Misty Mountains
mini.jpg

Letter from the Commander of Rimeville:

The world has changed. You can feel it in the air, you can hear it in the seas. The air is thicker, the water in the bay is darker. Something is about to happen, everybody knows it.
Ever since the orcs came nothing has been the same. They poison the air and cut the trees. It is with a disappointing tone I have to declare that Halda in a matter of fact no longer is a property of the human race..
I received a letter from one of my scouts in Rillina eighteen sunsets ago which tells about a mountain descended from the mist. Bigger then anything they ever seen before. He never managed to get close to the mountain since the darkness swallowed the wilderness and he hurried back to the settlement. Who knows what lurk in the shadows at nighttime. The next morning he went back to the site, but the mountain were no longer to be seen..

Misty_Mountain_640x260.jpg

Nelvara is a project who started on a cloudy day, over six years ago. The inventer and owner of Nelvara has always been the same and through out the years he have been in company of great developers and staff, such as Trollefar, Rose, Elwyn & Znote.

Pieces of the Map

rIhui7yz.png
bWD-nl.png
i46kSBv.jpg
grtzWeFR.png

Information about the server

Server type: PvP
Map size: Huge
Total monsters: 19.013
Experience rate: ?
Magic rate: ?
Skill rate: ?
Loot: ?
Client:

Please leave your opinion about the server rates in the comment section below.

Features of Nelvara:
- Custom map
- Custom world bosses
- Equipment enchantment
- Spell enchantment
- Daily events
- Countless of hidden places, quests and npc's

- Advanced fishing system
- Alchemy system, Stone & Wood cutting
- Custom races: Skaven, Elf & Dwarf + Human
- Special racials for each race

Question: What spells would you see get improved (with spell enchantment) in the game? And how should they get improved?

scheduled reset & update is set to 10th of June

The world of Nelvara: Click here!
Make sure to like us on Facebook for daily updates @ Nelvara

nelvara.com

Wikia:
nelvara.wikia.com

[email protected]

"As real tibia, but with new enviroment and game changing improvements"

Yours, Nelvara.

Unity_Banner.jpg

Last edited:
I just logged in and I see chain is not working anymore

nevermind all weapon enchants are not working :p

Last edited:
So most of the stuff that's coming with the release is already on the beta? I remember playing this quite a while ago. Enjoyed it at that time, if it's updated I might check it out before it's time for release :)

How many of the new features are already implemented and ready to test? I would also think about checking it out if it's been updated.

It would be cool to see as many spell enchantments as you're willing to add.
There's so many creative ways you could go about the spell enchantments. I don't mind the simplistic +more damage/healing, but seeing some more creativity would be nice.

So most of the stuff that's coming with the release is already on the beta? I remember playing this quite a while ago. Enjoyed it at that time, if it's updated I might check it out before it's time for release :)

The most of the stuff mentioned above it already implemented to the game, but there is a lot more coming and I will update this thread constantly. The story on the top of this post is a teaser of some new content which will come with the update. It's up to you guys to figure it out :)

The most of the stuff mentioned above it already implemented to the game, but there is a lot more coming and I will update this thread constantly. The story on the top of this post is a teaser of some new content which will come with the update. It's up to you guys to figure it out :)
What about the EXP rate discussed in the previous discussion thread? Has that been implemented or what's the plan with the EXP rate?

How many of the new features are already implemented and ready to test? I would also think about checking it out if it's been updated.

It would be cool to see as many spell enchantments as you're willing to add.
There's so many creative ways you could go about the spell enchantments. I don't mind the simplistic +more damage/healing, but seeing some more creativity would be nice.

For your first question, check what I mentioned above ^

Thanks for your feedback!

What about the EXP rate discussed in the previous discussion thread? Has that been implemented or what's the plan with the EXP rate?

The experience rate is not decided yet, that's why we ask for the community's opinion. The staff of Nelvara have always been into low rate experience, especially when Nelvara has very good mid level content. We enjoy the thought of working for your way up in level! With low rates you will probably enjoy the server longer since you never have to farm the same monsters over and over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well here are the rates that were posted in the old thread, which most people seemed to like.
  • 1-7: x19
  • 8-29: x9
  • 30-49: x7
  • 50-94: x6
  • 95-149: x5
  • 150-199: x3
  • 200-299: x2
  • 300+: x1
The thread contains a decent amount of feedback both from old players and new players. We talked about how the beginning should not be slow hence the high rate, since that's where most people get discouraged. I'm not saying you have to roll with these rates, but look at this as a guide line as what people from the old thread wanted. The main point is getting past the slow and boring levels. I do agree that the server should have somewhat low rates so that it lasts longer, but there has to be a compromise!

I also don't understand your logic by saying "With low rates you will probably enjoy the server longer since you never have to farm the same monster over and over again". With low rates doesn't that mean you'll end up having to farm the same monsters for quite some time until you get enough levels to fight the next monster? Since you don't have a plethora of custom monsters I fail to see your reasoning on that haha!

I logged on but I'm not willing to play with such a low rate, especially since it's beta. I hope that you can work together with the community to come up with a well thought-out EXP rate.

Well here are the rates that were posted in the old thread, which most people seemed to like.
  • 1-7: x19
  • 8-29: x9
  • 30-49: x7
  • 50-94: x6
  • 95-149: x5
  • 150-199: x3
  • 200-299: x2
  • 300+: x1
The thread contains a decent amount of feedback both from old players and new players. We talked about how the beginning should not be slow hence the high rate, since that's where most people get discouraged. I'm not saying you have to roll with these rates, but look at this as a guide line as what people from the old thread wanted. The main point is getting past the slow and boring levels. I do agree that the server should have somewhat low rates so that it lasts longer, but there has to be a compromise!

I also don't understand your logic by saying "With low rates you will probably enjoy the server longer since you never have to farm the same monster over and over again". With low rates doesn't that mean you'll end up having to farm the same monsters for quite some time until you get enough levels to fight the next monster? Since you don't have a plethora of custom monsters I fail to see your reasoning on that haha!

I logged on but I'm not willing to play with such a low rate, especially since it's beta. I hope that you can work together with the community to come up with a well thought-out EXP rate.

Dear Zasranets, We are fully aware of what feedback has been given in the earlier threads, after all we made them!

Back to the relevant discussion. I do not see the first levels as slow and boring, many people like highrate server these days and I can understand that. When you play the Real Tibia Map as we all have played before from level 1, it becomes boring since we already have done it 15 times and know exactly where to go etc. That's why high rates goes very well with the real tibia map, it's not as many who have played high content on real tibia and that's probably one reason for being so popular. The same thing dosen't apply for Nelvara since the most people never have experienced anything on our server yet. Then the feeling of exploring and starting from scratch is more satisfying according to me.
Another relevant thing is that we want to leave a mark with our server. We want our players to really enjoy their time at Nelvara and remember it afterwards. In many cases, at least for me, I cannot remember the name of any highrate servers I have played before. You play for a couple of weeks then you leave for the next one. With Nelvara we strive to keep our players entertained as long as possible and that means you can't rush content too fast in order to accomplish this.

I still disagree with you to a certain point, even tho you "fail to see the reasoing" and try to make a joke out of it. I'd rather kill the same amount of each monster then killing a few low level monsters then jump directly to farming Dragon Lords and Demons for the following days. The monsters tibia have made is fairly balanced and you can choose between many different types from early levels.

I still disagree with you to a certain point, even tho you "fail to see the reasoing" and try to make a joke out of it. I'd rather kill the same amount of each monster then killing a few low level monsters then jump directly to farming Dragon Lords and Demons for the following days. The monsters tibia have made is fairly balanced and you can choose between many different types from early levels.

This is where an issue comes in. You're sort of forcing people to do what YOU would rather do. However, a huge part of the community nowadays doesn't care for hunting rotworms, cyclopses, dwarf guards etc for a few days in a row.

There's a reason why most lowrate RPG-like servers have such a small playerbase, and it's not because the servers are bad. The servers just do not give them what they strive for nowadays. We've all been hunting small/weak monsters for days before, and honestly it wasn't that much fun.

Even though the rates Zas~ provided might be slightly high early on, those are what you should look for when creating a server nowadays, whether you like it or not.

@David Lättman Many people do enjoy high rate servers, but I never said I was one of them nor is that what I exactly want for this server. I don't like killing a few monsters and then jumping to dragon lords because you'll end up rushing through the content and then like you said end up quitting the server within a few weeks. The main problem is that the only "new" thing players on Nelvara are experiencing is the map (not counting the unique features such as enchantments). From what I could tell 99% of the server is vanilla monsters which means that anyone who has played Tibia will know what each monster can drop, the exp of each monsters, the loot, and how hard the monster is. The only fun goal to look forward to is the secrets within the server.

@mich3208 Brings up a good point. Most developers tend to go more towards what they want to personally see even though they aren't the ones playing the server. Even if the developers decides to make a character and play the server, it doesn't compare to the rest of potential players. I'm sure in the older days this is something that more people would enjoy, but as time goes by things change. Over the many many years of playing Tibia I've had my fair share of having to hunt on the same old boring monsters for days just to get a level or two. Not to mention many people are busy with jobs or school which means they can't afford to play 24/7.

Usually I would not bother playing such a vanilla server, but the reason I'm willing to give it a shot is because of the exploration of a new map that contains many secrets. From what I've heard the server contains many riddles, hidden pick holes, etc.. I just can't get past the mind set of having such a low exp rate towards the beginning. Hunting monsters like trolls, dwarfs, minos, etc.. for days is super boring. Now if instead of those weak monsters I could fight mid level monsters such as dragons, wyvrens, wyrms, etc.. then it would be more exciting. If you can find someone who has more fun killing trolls and dwarfs for countless of hours compared to dragons and giant spiders, then I'll be quite surprised.

I'm sure the server is very professionally made. The sad part is that many people quit before they get to the real joy of the server. With a reasonable increased exp rate people will be able to see the server is worth playing and stay longer than they usually would. I'm not trying to bash by the way, just trying to give the feedback from a potential player. I've stated what I would like to see happen in order to make the server more enjoyable. Now it's time for other players to post what they think and would like to see happen. :)

Been playing some, and just as last time (October 2014 that is) I really enjoy it. The mapping is great, only seen 2-3 minor mistakes in the mapping but for some reason I'm not allowed to send a bug report.

Even though I personally like walking around, exploring and talking to npcs to see if I find anything useful, I can see the use of more help in the start.
I'm well aware that a lot of people don't find it very fun walking around and have no clue about anything. Therefore, I think more people would be attracted if there was a bit more help/guidance around.

Regarding the exp stage I find it pretty good at the moment. No idea what the stages are, since last time I played I believe it has changed, as I remember it being static 2x or 3x when I played last time. Not sure tho.
However, at the moment I'm level 48 with 7x exp rate, which I've had since at least 43 (the level I stopped at last time I played).

Imo, you should aim for a short low-rate stage.
Now I'm not very experienced in actually making a functional stage, but maybe something in the lines of:

8-29: 12x
30-44: 8x
45-59: 6x
60-74: 4x
75-100: 3x
100+: 2x

Maybe even making 1.5x after 150 or 200.

As I said earlier, the server doesn't feel very slow at all right now as other people in the thread have been hinting at. And that's with weapon enchantments being disabled. With those buffs, which in my case would be death, earth and ice damage on a knight axe, I'd go by even quicker.

Anyway, I'm gonna get back to playing again and leave some more feedback later hopefully. :)

EDIT -
Regarding me not being able to send reports, I was not aware of the !report command until now...

This is where an issue comes in. You're sort of forcing people to do what YOU would rather do. However, a huge part of the community nowadays doesn't care for hunting rotworms, cyclopses, dwarf guards etc for a few days in a row.

There's a reason why most lowrate RPG-like servers have such a small playerbase, and it's not because the servers are bad. The servers just do not give them what they strive for nowadays. We've all been hunting small/weak monsters for days before, and honestly it wasn't that much fun.

Even though the rates Zas~ provided might be slightly high early on, those are what you should look for when creating a server nowadays, whether you like it or not.

Don't get me wrong now! I stated my opinion above, which is a rather minimal part when we deciding what rates the server will have. That's why we ask what you guys think above^ in the thread! :)

I agree with you mich, thanks a lot for you opinion!

Been playing some, and just as last time (October 2014 that is) I really enjoy it. The mapping is great, only seen 2-3 minor mistakes in the mapping but for some reason I'm not allowed to send a bug report.

Even though I personally like walking around, exploring and talking to npcs to see if I find anything useful, I can see the use of more help in the start.
I'm well aware that a lot of people don't find it very fun walking around and have no clue about anything. Therefore, I think more people would be attracted if there was a bit more help/guidance around.

Regarding the exp stage I find it pretty good at the moment. No idea what the stages are, since last time I played I believe it has changed, as I remember it being static 2x or 3x when I played last time. Not sure tho.
However, at the moment I'm level 48 with 7x exp rate, which I've had since at least 43 (the level I stopped at last time I played).

Imo, you should aim for a short low-rate stage.
Now I'm not very experienced in actually making a functional stage, but maybe something in the lines of:

8-29: 12x
30-44: 8x
45-59: 6x
60-74: 4x
75-100: 3x
100+: 2x

Maybe even making 1.5x after 150 or 200.

As I said earlier, the server doesn't feel very slow at all right now as other people in the thread have been hinting at. And that's with weapon enchantments being disabled. With those buffs, which in my case would be death, earth and ice damage on a knight axe, I'd go by even quicker.

Anyway, I'm gonna get back to playing again and leave some more feedback later hopefully. :)

EDIT -
Regarding me not being able to send reports, I was not aware of the !report command until now...

Thanks Maxxad! The exp stage you made looks pretty cool! :)

what do you guys think about this stage?

Best of luck. Might play once it's out of beta, if time permits.

1. Make sure you utilize Player.onMove to ensure players cannot use browse field to pick objects under "sparkles."
2. Prevent players from adding items to purses (effectively losing the items forever.) The most basic way is to make the purse item have 1 item slot, add rubbish to the slot when purses are fished out. Make sure you remove all purses from the game before changing the container size.

Only two issues I had when playing the first time.
Red

Off Topic, but everyone's discussion here about experience gain made me come up with a pretty good idea for an experience rate on our server. :p

I wish you luck @David Lättman

Don't get me wrong now! I stated my opinion above, which is a rather minimal part when we deciding what rates the server will have. That's why we ask what you guys think above^ in the thread! :)

I agree with you mich, thanks a lot for you opinion!

Thanks Maxxad! The exp stage you made looks pretty cool! :)

what do you guys think about this stage?

Ah my bad, didn't really have a lot of time so read through the thread rather quickly, didn't mean to get anything wrong haha. I loved Nelvara when I played it, so I just want to see the server succeed like it once did.

After truly giving the server a shot the exp rate right now is not as worse as I made it seem. Like @Maxxad said, it might be a good idea to give players more guidance when starting out.
I'll keep playing and continue posting my thoughts. :)

Can you specify what you mean with guidence? Do you guys have any suggestions how to solve this? As it is right now you get marks for all the shops in Rimeville. You do also have a map on wikia with a lot of low level spawns outside the city.

Another question about guidence, what do you think about rookgard? Good or bad? As it is right now you learn a lot of stuff regarding weapon enchantment in rook, you also get to try them out.

Last edited:
Back