• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Ascalon - A new beginning [Fully Custom]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still believe that the server should still be online while you're updating it. The ddossing and lag was annoying, but it wasn't unplayable. I enjoyed playing no matter what and I reckon that it will also give us all the chance to find any other possible bugs that might be around.
Please put it back online so we can play
Yea, I agree with dot. The server wasn't unplayable, you just couldn't do quests. & with the server still open it would be benificial so we could find more bugs.
I also agree with Tjay, FREE WEEK OF PREMMY ;D

Hey guys. Sorry that I didnt answer for a wile.

The reason the server is offline atm. is pretty obvious.
We ran into a Problem that took a wile to fix. When I come back from work(It`s 9:40 am right now) at arround 4-5 pm I will be able to fix the biggest issue and add the new Content to the server.
Dispite the Fact we had beta`s people like @Blinkz who are nowhere near good friends of mine but still got into the beta can prove that the guys who signed up to test litterly played for their own fun, not reporting bugs. It ended up with the 3. Beta test
with no results that I tried to play every vocation on my own to test everything. As dumb as it sounds I filtered out many bugs. I have no clue how we broke the tasks, they worked just fine for me. We are swapping back to linux from windows today which will fix the laags.

Beside that I purchased a solid DDos Protection that we got pretty cheap due to connections to the Company. We will work as hard as we possibly can to provide you good gameplay on the next time the server will go online everything will be fixed.
Just let us fix everything and you can enjoy the server. Deal? Deal!
Regards, Blazed

Hey guys. Sorry that I didnt answer for a wile.

The reason the server is offline atm. is pretty obvious.
We ran into a Problem that took a wile to fix. When I come back from work(It`s 9:40 am right now) at arround 4-5 pm I will be able to fix the biggest issue and add the new Content to the server.
Dispite the Fact we had beta`s people like @Blinkz who are nowhere near good friends of mine but still got into the beta can prove that the guys who signed up to test litterly played for their own fun, not reporting bugs. It ended up with the 3. Beta test
with no results that I tried to play every vocation on my own to test everything. As dumb as it sounds I filtered out many bugs. I have no clue how we broke the tasks, they worked just fine for me. We are swapping back to linux from windows today which will fix the laags.

Beside that I purchased a solid DDos Protection that we got pretty cheap due to connections to the Company. We will work as hard as we possibly can to provide you good gameplay on the next time the server will go online everything will be fixed.
Just let us fix everything and you can enjoy the server. Deal? Deal!
Regards, Blazed

Okay so what you're saying is when you get home around 4-5 pm (lets just say 10 hours from now) you'll fix the problems, and since you bought DDOS protection the server will be able to go online tonight/tomorrow, correct?

just think about one thing the players who have bouth premium do thay lose days when the server is offline/when you are fixing it???
becouse then it would be shitty

Okay so what you're saying is when you get home around 4-5 pm (lets just say 10 hours from now) you'll fix the problems, and since you bought DDOS protection the server will be able to go online tonight/tomorrow, correct?
Hopefully tonight, if we run into more problems tomorrow. Will do our best to be able to throw it online today without anymore problems..
You will keep ur premium days

No need to say it like that. You never stated that you were at work? How were we meant to know that?.. I'm just wanting to play the server cause I am enjoying it, and you just go and be a dick? Good one buddy.

I will put it online when it is fixed so its fair for everyone :)

Last edited:
I will put it online when it is fixed so its fair for everyone :)

think this is kinda bullshit you should put it up as soon as you can. not when it is fair to evryone?
( and no i cant play now because im at school so i dont benefit from it. )
but the people that HAVE time to play can enjoy your server.

and a question beside the uptime, why are there so many "task bugs, house bugs, etc"
When fare hosted/owned the server the bugs didnt exist why do they do now?

1. Im at work
2. The server is broken right now. people lost many items and I g2 clean up the mess I made afterwards.
server will be on when its done. Be patient for 1 fucking day.

Thx brandon, Hope to see you online friday Btw !

Lets just peacefully wait for me and Ecstacy to finish our work Alright? I might skip the 2. half of work today and fix everything even quicker..

People needs to calm down!
When the tasks are fixed and the ddos protection is up and running its like a fresh start with no reset tho but still!
Secondly, a humans avg. lifetime is something around 78-90 years depending on what country you live in, so when the server is down for ONE DAY you COMPLAIN? Oh my god.

just take ur time to see if everything is working fine now :) people will bitch but people will still play :p
maybe adding some premmy time to everyones acc would be a nice thing to do for the rough start ^^

good luck

just take ur time to see if everything is working fine now :) people will bitch but people will still play :p
maybe adding some premmy time to everyones acc would be a nice thing to do for the rough start ^^

good luck
Yea we are thinking about some sort of "sorry " :)

Dispite the Fact we had beta`s people like @Blinkz who are nowhere near good friends of mine but still got into the beta can prove that the guys who signed up to test litterly played for their own fun, not reporting bugs. It ended up with the 3.

Great way to take responsibility. Blaming the fucking testers? You are the problem with this server. Ecstacy is the only one who can behave properly in the staff. It's really sad to see ascalons reputation ruined and to see ecstacy having put up with your shit.

Last edited:
A quick update which should cheer you guys up:

I have currently tracked any IP that have been including in (and possibly not limited to) trying to break into the server.
None of these attempts have been succesful and all of the IP's that have been involved are banned permanently.

Any of these IP's along with their WHOis will be reported to the police.

Another update on this matter is that we now have 24/7 IP tracking and any IP with too many connections (DoS) will be logged automatically and the same consequences will count for them.

Besides this I would like to inform you all that we have contacted a 3rd party for (D)DoS protection, yet it has not yet been confirmed that we will purchase/use this protection. Assumably @Blazed Druid got a little too excited on this topic.

We are also, as @Blazed Druid already said, thinking of a way to award everyone for the rough start and still support us even with this being the case.

Kind regards,
Ecstacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back