• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Ascalon - A new beginning [Fully Custom]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazed Druid

Banned User
Reaction score
scmQrak.jpg

Hello everyone!
We are happy to present to you, Ascalon!

What is Ascalon?
Ascalon is a project started and for a huge part created by @Fare.
It is a custom RPG server with medium exp-rates. We use custom experience formulas which allow you to gain levels quickly but still require you to put some effort into leveling. Our map is fully custom and detailed. Many secrets await to be discovered by players of all levels.

PvP
Ascalon uses red and black skulls as punishment for unjustified kills.
However, punishment is a little less harsh than in normal tibia, as we don't use the amulet of loss.
This basically means that normal players have a chance to drop any item from their inventory when they die. Even though this is the case, players will not drop their backpacks when they die.
Blessings are available aswell and these will lower your chance to drop an item.
Red and Black skulled players lose a random item from their inventory, no matter what.
Black skulled players receive additional damage from other players.

Botters
I
had a nice Idea how to deal with botters and I´ve come to a point that I said it`s actually going live.
We have a huge amount of Tutors and CM`s that only look for botters.
Unlike the other eras you dont just get banned.
You will be deleted. Your entire equipment, Depot items, House items will be scrapped into gold and gets added up to the New Weekly jackpot of the Poker Tournement.
On top of that I will track your ip and Delete all of the characters that you will further create.
If I wanted botters on my server this would be 8.6.
I hope this message is clear enought.

Monsters

Monsters are fully custom and their difficulty had been changed. All monsters have their own level, based on monster type. There is also a chance for a stronger level monster to spawn, which is stronger than normal monster of such type, but also has a better drop chance. Monsters with level higher than yours, will deal additional damage to you, and your damage to them will be lowered.

Even though you will still find cyclops, there are many variants of them available based on their level and can even be hard to hunt for higher level players.
The higher the level of a monster, the better drops they have!

Not only are there normal monsters in the game, but there are also bosses.
Bosses have a higher chance of dropping upgrade gems, refining materials, and legendary tier equipment.

Dungeons
They work like this :
After you found a group of people that are willing to join you and you found the well hidden entrance into the Dungeon
you will have to solve hard riddles, fight monsters that you will not see anywhere else on the world of ascalon,
and have to find stratedgies how to beat insanely strong bosses.
You know these kinds of dungeons from other games/Tibia servers? This is where it gets unique.
The monsters Damage and Hp is Generated by the overall level and number of the players.
I hope you guys respect my wish of letting you blindly run into these dungeons and find ways to beat them without me spoilering you.
As the monsters generate their strenght from the level & number of players, even a team with 30 level 1000 players would be forced to play carefully.
Dungeons of Level 300+ are the only way to get your hands on a Legendary Gem!

Items
Items on Ascalon are totally custom and unique. All items are divided onto groups, grades specifically. As your character advances, you will be able to obtain items with higher grade. There are no level requirements on items. The basic equipment stats are armor and resist. Armor protects you against physical damage, resist decreases damage done by magic. Upgraded items can have more benefits. Yes! You heard that right, upgraded items! Every item can be upgraded with special magic gems. Each upgrade adds additional stats to the item and reveals up to three empty slots for ability stones. Ability stones can be rarely looted from monsters, they are also obtainable through quests. Most of the time you will encounter sleeping ability stones. You have to use such stone to awaken it's power before you can see what ability the stone will provide. There are dozen of abilities every character can use.

As many of you know the Frustration of grinding gems for hours to get your equipment running we have added a new system:
Whenever you kill a Dungeon boss the loot has a chance of dropping as Legendary that is already Leveld up[+5/7 etc].
The boss loot is Smart loot. You have a 80% chance of dropping something that is made for your vocation from the overall lootrate of the boss. Example:
If the chance for you to drop an item from the Dungeon boss is 10%, the chance for you to get an item that belongs to your vocation is 8%.

New Promotions
Since I am still reworking some of the Promotional Aspects that you will benefit from in the higher level of ascalon I will update you guys in the next days about the new vocations with some ingame videos explaining their Strenghts.

Mysterious Vocations
One of the new things we have added are new vocations!
New Vocations?! Yes, You heard right.
At first it may sound weird to everyone.
But did you ever play Heimerdinger in league of legends? Ever heard of him?
The first of the 2 new vocations is an Engeneer that fights with his own build Turrets.
He is a Mage class that Splits up into a Gunner (uses Mechanical weapons to burst down enemies) or into a Scientist with even stronger Turrets and Huge magical Damage.
You wont get access to this vocation unless you finish the tower of Vasyyl questline. From this point you can create this Vocation. You wll not be forced to level it from level 8 again.. but you should find the rest out by yourself.

Legendary Gems
You can now find rings & Amulets that have Sockets.
These Sockets can be filled with Legendary Gems.
Inspired by the new invention in Diablo 3 RoS, We added various Gems that are incredibly hard to find.
Example : When wearing a ring that has the Gem of Thunderbird on him, you will have a 15% chance onhit to Cast the Thunderbird with you. He will follow you and
constantly shoot thunders at the enemies. Damage calculated from your Weapon damage / magic level as mage.

More Informations coming on Server Lounch.

And there is much more to discover!

Team:
Fare
Original Developer
Original Owner

Ecstacy
Hosting
Developer
Blazed Druid
Server Manager
Owner
Server info:
Website: http://ascalon-ot.com/ [Account Creation Activates 1 Hour before Launch.]
Exp. Rate:
40x
Loot Rate: 3x
Map: A custom map made by @Fare.
Server type: It's really hard to put this server into one category, we tried to include something for every player. Server has enough PvP features to be a PvP server, but it also requires a lot of exploring as in RPG servers.
Start date and time:
postponed for now.. sorry!​
(Mini-)Map:
FueDyMf.png

We hope to see you at the launch of the server!

---
Alright people, I'm sad to inform that the current planned launch time is going to be postponed..
This is due to the fact that Blazed Druid still has to send me some crucial updated files for the server and he is currently in a situation in which he can't tell when he will be home.

The server might be launching later tonight and else it will most-likely launch tomorrow.
I'm going to extend the countdown timer with 1 day, though don't count on it yet as the official launch time.

I hope you can understand that I can not launch the server without these updates.

Kind Regards,
Ecstacy

Last edited:
Basically copied the original advertisement thread for this server. Couldn't even put the effort in to come up with your own ideas and make your own thread. But then again why should you, didnt come up with your own ideas for any other part of it....

16 new vocations.
190 new quests.
120 new monsters.
Uncovered secrets.

But yes, Blazed said he is lazy, wouldn't expect anything else =P

Basically copied the original advertisement thread for this server. Couldn't even put the effort in to come up with your own ideas and make your own thread. But then again why should you, didnt come up with your own ideas for any other part of it....

The reason being is because the same features apply to this server.
Though I will make Blazed update the advert thread.

Hey guys !

the main reason I was not gonna add all the features that we added to the server was that it remains a RPG server. You should explore and find out about things.

In my personal opinion the only reason that Fare gave out all the secrets in the 3. Era of Ascalon was to make it fair to the new starters compared to the Oldschoolers.

I will rework the thread and add many new features and explain some of the changes that were made. add more screenshots etc.

Have a nice day guys !

I think you should at least describe the new promotions so people can decide what character they want to make.

I think you should at least describe the new promotions so people can decide what character they want to make.
It´s not like an additional promotion will turn an archer into a full tank. if you want to play the " paladin " from the original tibia creators you will still go for a distance vocation.
if you want to play the tank you wont go for mage. It will not change the whole gameplay. It´s specificating your class to the part where you have all you want in 1 vocation.

I will release all the necessary informations once I am at home. Cya this evening guys ! :)

Good luck with this, I'm really interested to see whats were changed/added and how thats gonna affect gameplay. This is some kind of final exam for me, as I honestly gave up making something long-term standing from Ascalon...who knows, maybe you have found the right way. Let it be. And if not, then we gonna try once again with a lower exp version, haha =D

P.S. I would like to see myself listed in the team, as whole server is built on my engine, branched from TFS 0.3.

I'll definitely try this one. First version of ascalon was the best server I've every played before. My nick was: Thaumasite. Pm me if anyone wanna talk with me after start in-game.

I hope there will be "fairplay" dont wanna see Lava titan with hundres of gems again

I see you dont like him lol

damn,ascalon is back,very good,i think there is alredy some teams,so would like to join any,my name on serevr was been Planovaya,if any1 remember me :p so pm me =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back