• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Ascalon - A new beginning [Fully Custom]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how multi client will work seeing the post from Ecstacy about the D(DoS).
There's a big difference between a multiclient sending multiple connections and a DoS that is sending 200+ packets.

New Update:
I'll start off with the bad news: The server won't be online today and if it will be online tomorrow is a question aswell.

Why?
I've been busy the whole day switching from Ubuntu to Debian 7 to ensure that there is more stability in the OS itself.
Besides this i've received a more stable build that should stabilize the server alot and I've upgraded the amount of cores by 1 aswell.
This gives the server 3x intel xeon 5 (@2.2GHz ea) so the server is better able to handle the incoming connections.

New updates will follow when they are available.

Kind Regards,
Ecstacy

There's a big difference between a multiclient sending multiple connections and a DoS that is sending 200+ packets.

New Update:
I'll start off with the bad news: The server won't be online today and if it will be online tomorrow is a question aswell.

Why?
I've been busy the whole day switching from Ubuntu to Debian 7 to ensure that there is more stability in the OS itself.
Besides this i've received a more stable build that should stabilize the server alot and I've upgraded the amount of cores by 1 aswell.
This gives the server 3x intel xeon 5 (@2.2GHz ea) so the server is better able to handle the incoming connections.

New updates will follow when they are available.

Kind Regards,
Ecstacy

I dont understand why you didn't do all of this before launching the server. :(

So if I understood what you mean correctly multiclient is allowed. Cool I can use my Priest too then :) Zerk Priest combo FTW.

So if I understood what you mean correctly multiclient is allowed. Cool I can use my Priest too then :) Zerk Priest combo FTW.
No sorry it's not allowed, but it has nothing to do with DoS is what I meant to tell you by that.

I dont understand why you didn't do all of this before launching the server. :(
Because before the server I wasn't able to tell wether the server would hold the amount of players login in.
It's more complicated than what it looks like.

Yea you can make things clear.. Just saying.. While answering me about the DoS you could make that clear at the same time.. Not to mention its still multiple connectons from same IP even if its low amount.

So new question since multi-client isnt allotwed. how do you handle multiple people using same IP? (Lan party, Family etc.)

Yea you can make things clear.. Just saying.. While answering me about the DoS you could make that clear at the same time.. Not to mention its still multiple connectons from same IP even if its low amount.

So new question since multi-client isnt allotwed. how do you handle multiple people using same IP? (Lan party, Family etc.)

Multiple ways to get this proven.
If you host a LAN party, or your family is playing aswell, we'll give you a way to prove it :)

P.S. Sorry about being unclear on this subject, it's been a long day.

Finally back! Can't wait to play once it comes up :D

Can someone explain the vocations to me? I don't want to randomly make something and then end up not liking it :p

You should make it so that when you spawn in you get teleported to temple, cause when I spawn in now ill spawn in the middle of a quest and Ill probably die

You should make it so that when you spawn in you get teleported to temple, cause when I spawn in now ill spawn in the middle of a quest and Ill probably die
I agree. I think that I'm in the middle of Dragons or something. Do not really wanna die instantly when I log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back