• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] RealOTS 7.7 100MB/s, Dedicated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filled with 300-400's? we got 3 level 300's and no one above 400, and Superbeast is still the highest lvl on the server but he never plays.

Any serious server that seeks to establish itself out there needs some sort of donation system, and back then Ecstazya paid for the bills but because of rampant corruption Dennis IP Banned her and the rest of the staff. He then implemented a donation system so he could pay for the bills and upgrade the soft- and hardware. This is the only serious real oldschool OT left out there and sure it's not what it used to be 5 years ago but it's still good, and we're on our way up with more and more new players starting everyday.

Nostalgia seems to be widespread among everyone in this thread, some say the server sucks because they got banned others say it used to be better in the "old days" even though it was only good if you were in a team or had friends within the staff who could help you out, everyone who didn't got the shaft.

You should start by admitting more rather then counter attacking every argument made against you. About you stating the old days were only better if you were in a team is complete bullshit - sorry for the cursing, but please.. If you don't admit it was better some years ago then it is now, then I advise you to leave OTLand.
The community was better, the (exp) rates were, no donations were, the wars were, the highscores were, the realistic oldschool feeling was and so much more to name.

And for your information, this isn't the only serious oldschool server out there, (if you still want to call it serious looking at levels and such) there are 2 big servers coming up any time now. I wont shout out names, since I don't want to be a prick and advertise but my feelings are that if RealOTS will continue the way it is going; it will lose a dramatical amount of players to these 2.

So what does Dennis got in mind?

You should start by admitting more rather then counter attacking every argument made against you. About you stating the old days were only better if you were in a team is complete bullshit - sorry for the cursing, but please.. If you don't admit it was better some years ago then it is now, then I advise you to leave OTLand.
The community was better, the (exp) rates were, no donations were, the wars were, the highscores were, the realistic oldschool feeling was and so much more to name.

And for your information, this isn't the only serious oldschool server out there, (if you still want to call it serious looking at levels and such) there are 2 big servers coming up any time now. I wont shout out names, since I don't want to be a prick and advertise but my feelings are that if RealOTS will continue the way it is going; it will lose a dramatical amount of players to these 2.

So what does Dennis got in mind?

Perhaps you feel like it was better back then, but I don't think it was all that fun for the people that got banned for bullshit reasons and, incase you didn't notice, anyone who was friends with the staff had a ton of privileges and everyone else got pushed around. Now sure, we had alot more players back then and we had updates regularly, but getting rid of the old staff was the right choice.

For someone who likes realism you aren't all that realistic, you would rather Dennis kept the old staff that was ruining the server so we wouldn't have any donations(Since Ecs paid the bills)? You NEED donations to survive, unless you're running a x999 Server on your home computer.

All is relative, I'm sure there are lots of people that enjoy RealOTS now more then they did back then.

Now that's not very nice, this OT has been up for 5 years without a single reset and you're pretty much calling it shit? Name one other serious oldschool server with the real map that has been up that long? That's right, there aren't any.

I doubt the 2 servers you are talking about will steal any considerable amount of players from our community, a few hardliners here and there perhaps that will come back once the servers go down again but those 2 don't pose a threat to RealOTS as they aren't even in the same league. Different versions, different mechanics, different graphics, different files and so on. They're mostly going to be competing against eachother.

I agree that the staff had to pay the bills somehow, it sucks but the donation system had to be created, I know it and I am not mad or so because of it. It's just, that the beginning of the server is always the best time... :) You get to know people etc.

I do remember Extazya or w/e her name was, doing a lot of dirty stuff, bahh good oldies! :>

I agree that the staff had to pay the bills somehow, it sucks but the donation system had to be created, I know it and I am not mad or so because of it. It's just, that the beginning of the server is always the best time... :) You get to know people etc.

I do remember Extazya or w/e her name was, doing a lot of dirty stuff, bahh good oldies! :>

Glad someone realized it, I admit I liked how there were lots of people online back then and the server was something new and fresh but contrary to popular belief the server has gotten better. It has had its ups and downs but overall I'd say the server would have been much worse off if we kept the old staff that ran everything like the mafia.

RealOTS isn't perfect, no doubt about it, and Dennis might be gone for months and we never hear a peep from him but when he comes back he usually does it with a bang and brings us an update/new staff members etc.

The worst possible thing that could happen right now is for Dennis to put up a new server and split the community because it's fragile at the moment. Hopefully he learned from DarkOTS though. Also, neglect on Dennis' side would be a huge blow aswell, cause right now we need either him or some active staff members that will help out the community.

And the thing that Dennis is working on is the guild system, and I suspect he has something else up his sleeves aswell.

Its good he starts this 7.7 2x exp project. We won't get the same faith like classictibia/tibianic then. :D

Bumping this, Dennis has been working hard on a new server for the public called OTServ.co, check it out aswell!

Hopefully we'll be getting an official forum for RealOTS and a new Highscore and Guild system aswell.

Great News!

New official forums for RealOTS Here and Dennis is working on a new design and layout for our website

The forums are being worked on and new subforums will be added.

The other forum hosted there, called OTServ.co, is a new server from the same owner(Thread can be found Here) and we'll probably be seeing alot of changes to the websites, forums and mechanics in the near future.

Last edited:
Perhaps you feel like it was better back then, but I don't think it was all that fun for the people that got banned for bullshit reasons and, incase you didn't notice, anyone who was friends with the staff had a ton of privileges and everyone else got pushed around. Now sure, we had alot more players back then and we had updates regularly, but getting rid of the old staff was the right choice.

Corrupted staff is bad for a server but even the smallest donation shop is 10 times worse. Just look at Ryans Oldera servers in the past. He banned people for personal reasons, gave chars items and cash, mixed with online numbers. Nobody cared much. But when he added donation shop server often died within weeks. Just saying...

Corrupted staff is bad for a server but even the smallest donation shop is 10 times worse. Just look at Ryans Oldera servers in the past. He banned people for personal reasons, gave chars items and cash, mixed with online numbers. Nobody cared much. But when he added donation shop server often died within weeks. Just saying...

Instead of repeating the same old answers to the same old questions I'm just gonna say this.

This is a commercial server, donations are needed to pay the bills. Live with it.

I know the RealOTS server was full of added items, but is otserv.co like tibia back in 7.72 and buying premium on your server was like pacc back, and u can play a free account if u want to? Is there's changes, what are they? Because I would like to play on a very tibia-like oldschool server and having to pay for premium like in Tibia is ok too, but please don't add any new items.

It's completely unmodded and you gotta pay for PACC, that's the difference between RealOTS and OTServ.co

I suggest you try both servers and see which one fits you

MAJOR UPDATE
Complete redesign of the website and layout, major changes to the server and more!
Changes since 27/01/2011:

- The "double EXP week" (active for months) has been returned to normal (2.5x/3.75x).
- Dagorlad has been removed and map reset to stock.
- All house items have been sent to depot.
- Ralph Roberts relocated to Northport.
- Guilds are working again!
- Everyone can enchant weapons/legs now.

Highscores are updated and now show EXP and Skills
Rules are updated
Double Promotion and Shop system updated
New Forum for both Valhalla(Another oldschool ot made by the same guy who owns this one) and RealOTS! Visit it Here!
Privacy Policy updated

Major things are happening so Sign up Now!

Bump ~~
Im still playing it, I recommend it if you are looking for a better gameplay than 8.5 server that sucks, where you need 5 friends to kill a guy. :)

You forgot a change Spyke:
Average players online went from 70 to 10.
Everyone has the same opinion about this update... REVERSE IT.
Except the guilds and the website that is.

Dennis does not care about this server at all ,

I've never heard anyone whine as much as you, why were you begging for an unbanishment on the forums if the server is so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back