• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New 1v1/2v2 Map In Development

Sportacus

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
I came across this video earlier today, and figured I'd share this with everyone here.

[video=youtube;hv22B2C0V9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hv22B2C0V9M#t=14 s[/video]

It appears to be a map made for custom games, to allow for 1v1 and 2v2 game play.

People have wanted 1v1s, and to a lesser extent, 2v2s since Beta. Before the Proving Grounds were added to custom games, people used Summoners Rift mostly for 1v1s, or 2v2s, and this let options for trolling/cheating to take place, plus the map was too big and too long for a proper 1v1. Also, the Proving Grounds is also a far too big map, with a lane that is too long for a good 1v1 match.

It's taken a long time (too long if you ask me) for something like this to be made, but nonetheless I am glad to see it being developed. It is kinda upsetting to see that since Riot Games was bought out by Tenant a year or so back, that the Chinese beta servers get the first look at the newest content. Kinda a low blow since Riot Games was/is an American company..

Now for all those kids who say "1v1 me bitch" we'll have a proper map to fight them on!

Last edited:
i never understood the meaning of 1v1... its like he takes nid and i take veig. who got the most luck with spells and dodge will win kinda... i mean it awesome so ye but isnt LoL a teamplayed game itself?

i never understood the meaning of 1v1... its like he takes nid and i take veig. who got the most luck with spells and dodge will win kinda... i mean it awesome so ye but isnt LoL a teamplayed game itself?

I think 1v1s are done more for fun, and testing individual skill vs being an actual competitive thing. I doubt this will get it's own matchmaking.

Ultimately though, it isn't going to win you every game if you're the best 1v1er on the planet, but it is nice to see individual skill/play.

Apparently this map will be used for some tournament to test 1v1 skill of the pros.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3350499

I still think it will be added to the custom games after that tournament has taken place.

Back