• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Faloria 7.4 development thread

There is probably a reason no server is USA hosted, and thats the reason Id like to find out before I consider this. Either way, we will do our best to satisfy as many people as possible, from as many nationalities as possible. Your feedback is really appreciated though!

I strongly believe that the main reason is that most of the donating players are from poland, sweden, spain .
The only south americans that you can take in consideration on that matter are brazilians and mexicans, but i can tell you by my own experience because i had a rl map server 8.6 in 2010-2011 that the number of brs and mexicans donating is far smaller than the number of pl´s and swe . Also, the number of players from those countries will surely be higher than the number of mexicans+brs, and most Server owners would prefer to give stable hosting services to them ( since they are more than the rest ) than to south americans . There was a time where brs used to be 80 % of all the players on a server but now swedish and polish players are representing , alongside with spanish people, 70 % of the server populations . Look at shadowcores ( 1.5k players online ) . If you host a server in the US you iwll give stability to brs, mexicans, chileans , argentinians....but not for polacks, swedish, spanish players . You choose

Host it when holidays ends. Many ppl will come back to their homes and other ots will die, I mean original and classicus. In my opinion mastercores/faloria was best ot. Nice rates and Great oldschool feeling. We cant say this about shit classicus which has a frag system from tibia 9.0 cant get it why so many ppl play this.

Im sure your ot will success, just be patent and wait for your time.
You got a good point, and its something Ive noticed aswell. We are going over everything and adding/changing some of the flaws we had before.
List of things done (changed or added since last version):
  • Advanced task system
  • Possibility to buy all blessings from one NPC (Im not convinced I will keep this, please give me feedback)
  • Updated map (Edit overspawned Tombs, removed shitloads of trash (such as tons of empty vials in Scarab caves)
  • Monsters will now attack instantly when you stairjump, instead of having a delay, which allowed people to stairjump without taking damage
  • Automatic raids on random times
  • Global Server Save every 24 hours
  • Crash bugs (which caused server to crash when a high amount of players were online) has been taken care of
  • Complete new website with super-sexi backend and classic Tibia frontend
Ill keep you update as we are making any progress!

QUESTION: Is a Hydra spawn (Tiquand) interesting, even though its a 7.4 server otherwise?

Host it when holidays ends. Many ppl will come back to their homes and other ots will die, I mean original and classicus. In my opinion mastercores/faloria was best ot. Nice rates and Great oldschool feeling. We cant say this about shit classicus which has a frag system from tibia 9.0 cant get it why so many ppl play this.

Im sure your ot will success, just be patent and wait for your time.
This. Timing is key, just get it all completed 110% in the meantime.

QUESTION: Is a Hydra spawn (Tiquand) interesting, even though its a 7.4 server otherwise?
Yep.

Still would be cool to have it hosted in USA.

You got a good point, and its something Ive noticed aswell. We are going over everything and adding/changing some of the flaws we had before.
  • Advanced task system
  • Possibility to buy all blessings from one NPC (Im not convinced I will keep this, please give me feedback)
  • Updated map (Edit overspawned Tombs, removed shitloads of trash (such as tons of empty vials in Scarab caves)
  • Monsters will now attack instantly when you stairjump, instead of having a delay, which allowed people to stairjump without taking damage
  • Crash bugs (which caused server to crash when a high amount of players were online) has been taken care of

Yes! a 7.4 Ot server with 500+ players is probably overcrowded ! I think you should add tiquanda, or okolnir, or darashia dragons lords+dragons...idk but i am pretty sure we will need some extra spawn

• Advanced task system

My opinion:
- Keep the real things like real Tibia.
- Don't go highrate.
- No overpowered shop.
- It's nice to add custom parts on map, but on new islands or similar. You can keep the original feeling (normal players) plus the new lands for new adventurers (premium players?) . It can be a motivation to donate. In case people don't like new areas you can go back easily.
- Work on bugs first, then features.
- Please keep the players feedback on mind, always.

@Amoaz what about the rates ?

will the server have rookgard ?
Server will have rookgaard and complete Sword of Fury quest (which is solveable, but hard)
Rates will be same as last editions, which means there is no static rate, but a dynamic one. Example below (might change):

You will always gain 1x experience from creatures, but how much exp you need for each level is a lot less than original Tibias.
  • Level 8 - 17x experience
  • Level 15 - 12x experience
  • Level 50 - 3x experience
  • Level 100 - 1.6x experience
These rates are aimed for a long-term project, with a fast and fun earlygame, and a hard, challenging lategame. Allowing new players to join the server along the road. People who played 7.4 knows a level 100+ character ment power, but also a lot of work and dedication.

My opinion:
- Keep the real things like real Tibia.
- Don't go highrate.
- No overpowered shop.
- It's nice to add custom parts on map, but on new islands or similar. You can keep the original feeling (normal players) plus the new lands for new adventurers (premium players?) . It can be a motivation to donate. In case people don't like new areas you can go back easily.
- Work on bugs first, then features.
- Please keep the players feedback on mind, always.

- We are trying to keep the original 7.4 feeling as realistic as possible. Monster behaviours, damages, pvp, questing etc.
- You can see the current experience table above.
- Shop will absolutely not be overpowered and full of items or services. We will offer Golden Account, Rashid Trade and possibly (not decided yet) PVP-blessing. Also, Rashid Trade and PVP-blessing access, will be possible to retrive from quests.
- If I were to add something custom it will be available for everyone. No "VIP ISLAND" bullshit. Will be very careful with this though, since we want to keep it as realistic as possible.
- Doing nothing but stomping bugs at the moment.
- Player feedback will of course have a huge impact on development, as long as its constructive and well thought through.

General update
  • At the moment the source is being looked over once again, breaking bugs and cleaning up code.
  • Website is still being worked on and hopefully Ill have a sneakpeak ready for you soon!
  • Task system is now finished and we are polishing it and adding tasks. It will have some additional features you haven't seen before!

Upcoming
  • Updating functions for staff members, allowing us to more easily monitor and handle the game server and chasing botters.
  • New banishment/delete system for rule breakers.
  • Reworking some of the LUA scripts which are currently poorly optimised.
  • Database cleanup for optimisation.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
Do you remember specific details about 7.4 and how it was, and wants to make sure we dont miss it, feel free to PM me or reply here!

Faloria Team

Server will have rookgaard and complete Sword of Fury quest (which is solveable, but hard)
Rates will be same as last editions, which means there is no static rate, but a dynamic one. Example below (might change):

You will always gain 1x experience from creatures, but how much exp you need for each level is a lot less than original Tibias.
These rates are aimed for a long-term project, with a fast and fun earlygame, and a hard, challenging lategame. Allowing new players to join the server along the road. People who played 7.4 knows a level 100+ character ment power, but also a lot of work and dedication.

- We are trying to keep the original 7.4 feeling as realistic as possible. Monster behaviours, damages, pvp, questing etc.
- Shop will absolutely not be overpowered and full of items or services. We will offer Golden Account, Rashid Trade and possibly (not decided yet) PVP-blessing. Also, Rashid Trade and PVP-blessing access, will be possible to retrive from quests.
- If I were to add something custom it will be available for everyone. No "VIP ISLAND" bullshit. Will be very careful with this though, since we want to keep it as realistic as possible.
- Player feedback will of course have a huge impact on development, as long as its constructive and well thought through.

General update
  • At the moment the source is being looked over once again, breaking bugs and cleaning up code.
  • Website is still being worked on and hopefully Ill have a sneakpeak ready for you soon!
  • Task system is now finished and we are polishing it and adding tasks. It will have some additional features you haven't seen before!

Upcoming
  • Updating functions for staff members, allowing us to more easily monitor and handle the game server and chasing botters.

Do you remember specific details about 7.4 and how it was, and wants to make sure we dont miss it, feel free to PM me or reply here!

Faloria Team

Thanks for your reply !
Looking forward to see your server online !

Do you still think about add a especific spawn or city to increase the map a little bit ? if yes, wich ones are you thinking about ?

General update

Upcoming

Faloria Team
Well, waiting for beta/release. ;P

Thanks for your reply !
Looking forward to see your server online !

Do you still think about add a especific spawn or city to increase the map a little bit ? if yes, wich ones are you thinking about ?

Yes, we do consider it. We wouldn't however add any monster that came past 7.72.

Wow, it looks great! If only I wasn't lazy to play anything before 8.0 for the hotkeys I'd definetely give it a try.

So will this be an attempt at a longterm server or a highrate/medium rate?

If highrate EU is fine, if low-rate longterm USA will lead to more success with proper advertisement.

I personally think you should use the full 7.7 map though, without custom things.

Later on, add new things such as this hydra place.

So will this be an attempt at a longterm server or a highrate/medium rate?

If highrate EU is fine, if low-rate longterm USA will lead to more success with proper advertisement.

I personally think you should use the full 7.7 map though, without custom things.

Later on, add new things such as this hydra place.
Longterm mid/low rate server. Most likely EU host with USA proxys if possible.
We wont use full 7.7 map, since we got full 7.4 formulas etc, and want to keep it as realistic to 7.4 as possible. The Hydra place is not yet permanent and it will only make it into the server when/if an expansion of the map is needed or the players really want it.

Wow, it looks great! If only I wasn't lazy to play anything before 8.0 for the hotkeys I'd definetely give it a try.
Haha thanks ;3

Longterm mid/low rate server. Most likely EU host with USA proxys if possible.
We wont use full 7.7 map, since we got full 7.4 formulas etc, and want to keep it as realistic to 7.4 as possible. The Hydra place is not yet permanent and it will only make it into the server when/if an expansion of the map is needed or the players really want it./QUOTE]
Gotcha.

Just confused on why you are trying to compete with an already established server, why not try to find your own path in USA?

Just confused on why you are trying to compete with an already established server, why not try to find your own path in USA?
I Know you USA players really want a server dedicated only for you, but as Ive already stated earlier in this thread, I have no experience or contacts with/within that scene. Allowing you to play here with good ping (60-70) would be just the same thing.

asRBvMQ.png

I Know you USA players really want a server dedicated only for you, but as Ive already stated earlier in this thread, I have no experience or contacts with/within that scene. Allowing you to play here with good ping (60-70) would be just the same thing.
60-70ms in impossible to achieve.

I'm an american so my opinion could be viewed as one sided of course, but in an attempt to put my bias aside I really think that Faloria would have more success in the USA than EU.

I'm an american so my opinion could be viewed as one sided of course, but in an attempt to put my bias aside I really think that Faloria would have more success in the USA than EU.
>says he is going to attempt to put his bias aside
>gives his obviously biased opinion

Back