• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New big and grand patches - problem? Cipsoft

Nemphis

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Players like new big releases. Big patches to a game, even in Tibia. But as of right now it feels like the world in Tibia is way too big for its playerbase.

New patches gives new monsters, items, quests and sometimes new cities, small Towns and depots.
All of this is great except the new cities and new depots. In my opinion they should've kept the big 5. Thais, Venore, Ab'dendriel, Kazordoon and Carlin. They were really populated cities which was fun! Now it feels like(depending of server, obiously) i dont really see that many players. They all migrate to Yalahar and making the rest like ghost Towns.

I dont Think this game is like others, not like World of Warcraft. New expansion a new City and new continents, new auction houses and new teleports that gets you where you need to go when needed. Old cities gets abandoned.

So if I would make an RPG-OT I'd have like maximum 2 cities. If there is Towns, sure have houses but never depots. I Think its really important to see other players play the game. not only !online. It sux! It feels more alive to see players crowding in main cities.

Thoughts?

I always thought that they(Cip) should make those oldest lands like Tiquanda, Liberty Bay, Ankh to be accesible by FACC players since whole map is getting so vast.

About cities amount. Yeah, i think 3-4 is a maximum.

That's why I love old versions, especially 7.4
I like the map of 7.4 version with Port Hope, because I love the jungle. For me it's perfect like that.
Free accounts should only stay on main continent, to have more people around old cities. It's neccessary to give players more tasks, quests, myths to discover or complete, and new spawns on the old continent.
There is no need for new isles/continents/cities. Only more fun on old map.
That's what I'm doing now. Completing legends of Tibia like Sword of Fury , adding more content to Tibia Lore with respect to old myths.

With the new cosmetics, all outfits, mounts and Tibia coins and more should, give cipsoft enough Money to let everyone have premium, or even remove premium. This would also make old players come back and new ones. Which would increase the purchase of tibia coins. win-win?

Back