• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Map Editor

Could use some testers for OTBM saving and loading that are capable of understanding basics of lua and can report every single error they encounter. If there are any, please write here. or reach me via IRC (Press the chat tab).

I can try when I finish my last and final exam tomorrow.

maybe me, i can understand basics of lua but it depends what kind of basics... since as you know i am learning still :p Offer's there anyway :>

Last edited:
Binary: https://github.com/edubart/otclient/downloads (Download the win32 one)
Download the modules from here instead: https://github.com/niczkx/forgottenmapeditor (you might need to install git and learn just 2 commands from it)
Download git: Git - Downloading Package

Place *otclient* in the downloaded forgottenmapeditor directiory and run the binary. You might need otclient modules if they're not included in the download link, after you've obtained them, put them in forgottenmapeditor directory in another dir called "otclient" or another name of your liking but you will have to modify forgottenmapeditor's init.lua to match your new directory. I'll try to place a nice tutorial for that over the map editor repo in the wiki.

- - - Updated - - -

See: https://github.com/niczkx/forgottenmapeditor/wiki/Installing For full explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

jvIPV.png

Now it correctly displays creatures etc, and it can also be ported to easily display NPCs aswell, you should really download it and check it out then let me know what can be improved etc (Atleast you can map something now :p)

Last edited:
@Fallen

Can you do a normal windows installer for this editor? xD

I did everything what he said, and i went on wiki, but still dont understand how to make working map editor ;(

Edit:
I got that and it dont work
CMake Error: The source directory "C:/OTClient" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

Last edited:
Short technical question:
Did otclient need any kind of modification to suit needs of mapeditor?

yes, there wasn't anything (almost if not any) related to server side stuff. otclient had client-side stuff (and graphics, opengl code etc.) done/ if you think for a little, there's a reason why it's called ot"client"... to review them just check niczkx's changes over there, that's my user.

Edit: I'm not sure what 'kind-of-modification' is. But I guess you meant OTBM/OTB/etc... stuff? if so, yes, i've written them with some help from edubart.
Edit2: To satisfy copy-like-cats who cannot get their own-shit and copy from others (was not going directly at you @up). Well, it was a pain in the ass just so you know, when we did it, because edubart forced me to do it via HEX-editors if you know what I mean, if not that's your problem.

- - - Updated - - -

@Kuzyn not right now, sorry. maybe when it's released. atm, you can call it like 'sub-beta' :p

I got a problem. I have only errors with loading monsters, but i can manage that.
The main problem is that i cant see my map. I got blackscreen and cant do anything about that.
I got fully working palette but not map window. Any suggestions ?

What client version are you trying to load? 960? Are you sure there's items on that position(Dumb error but better double check those ones)?

Back