• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Map Editor

Oh, look, there's been progress made :D
I'm gonna give the Lua a peak, maybe there's some boring crap I can help with

Do away with the creatures.xml and just have it to where you put all of your monster and NPC files in one place and load them into the editor instead? That'd be extremely helpful.

Last edited:
Hi,
5ZWKY.jpg

This is le progress, your also welcome to share your thoughts on that master tier desktop.

Desktop sucks :p

---
if you dont notice, its working on 5K FPS :p
--

Erm, Linux distro and editor :O?

It is using a framework that is currently compatible with Windows and Linux platforms and is going to be compatible with Mac OS X in the future so yeah it's gonna work pretty much fine without installing any third party bullshit unlike other editors that are currently in development over forums :>.

Can you compile it for Windows and post link?

@up it's based off otclient so it will support same unless there are problems with otbm (things like item attributes changed after 810)

- - - Updated - - -

Can you compile it for Windows and post link?
I'm installing Windows 7 right now on a virtual machine then upload in 2 hours or so.

ATM, it looks very good..
My favourite mapeditor is and always will be simones map editor
it only misses features wich made RME awesome and it didn't update..
Further it would be also nice to make a option that you can use your scroll wheel for zoomings or just go down/up with the map like simones map editor could..
RME is very nice i only dislike the zooming shit and that even if i followed the FaQ that it still lags like shit

what also would be nice is rewind/forward function

ATM, it looks very good..
My favourite mapeditor is and always will be simones map editor
it only misses features wich made RME awesome and it didn't update..
Further it would be also nice to make a option that you can use your scroll wheel for zoomings or just go down/up with the map like simones map editor could..
RME is very nice i only dislike the zooming shit and that even if i followed the FaQ that it still lags like shit
If you're talking about autocad then yes, that's how it works, no scrollbars.

I'm trying to make a map for my rpg at the moment so this should help lots. I like RME but it's time for something new, and it looks great, too.

I remember when you were first starting on this... It wasn't very long after that when I had a lot of shit go down in my life, and as a result I was away from the OT world, and the internet in general for a number of months.

Now, upon my return I come to find you've utterly owned Remere... As a developer, I know the importance of elegant design. It is the wise way to ensure a well-engineered core and delay concerns about the interface till after that is accomplished.

It is obviously inevitable that your creation will surpass Remere's editor in every fashion. I had high hopes, and they were definitely not misplaced. Mad respect Fallen, mad props.

"utterly owned Remere"?

Wrong, buddy, very very wrong.

I didn't "own" Remere and my goal wasn't to "own' him either, I only stated that RME's kinda bloated and/or memory whore etc. But heh, if my goal was to own remere then it would be "Remere utterly owned me" because of such shitty slogan...

"utterly owned Remere"?

Wrong, buddy, very very wrong.

Hardly. I'm referring specifically to the state of RME. The divergence... Latest version available for Linux and Windows differ, and all the latest betas are Windows only. So, he is having issues maintaining cross-platform capabilities and yet keeps the source closed. So, I disagree. In no way am I trying to diminish the invaluable efforts Remere has put into the OT community, and nothing is going to change the fact that his editor has been the de facto editor for a long time. But I am very glad to be done with having to either use wine for newer RMEs or making a symlink because I can't just recompile RME ( /usr/lib/libboost_thread-gcc42-mt-1_34_1.so.1.34.1 -> libboost_thread-mt.so )

I didn't "own" Remere and my goal wasn't to "own' him either, I only stated that RME's kinda bloated and/or memory whore etc. But heh, if my goal was to own remere then it would be "Remere utterly owned me" because of such shitty slogan...

Perhaps I should have used 'upstaged' instead. And I agree, had your goal been just to show him up; it would have been a poor reason. The goal was a better editor. And I was just trying to state that in my opinion you've already accomplished that, and for that, thank you. That's all.

Back