• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New remere map editor virus?

domelxp

Reaction score
I DOWNLOAD REMERE MAP EDITOR FROM remeresmapeditor.com
AND AFTER INSTALL MY ANTYVIRUS FIND SOME VIRUS ... ITS POSSIBILE ?
remn.png

Never heard of your anti virus software......
False alarm I do say -.-'
But it's up to you to trust it or not. I think ~50% use rem editor and trust it.

Nah its not virus, i got NOD32 and it doesnt come up that its virus in RME and i think NOD32 is better than that virus:;O

Virustotal. MD5: c55d87ddb2605a284d8c244a1b439303 Riskware.AdWare.Win32.AdMedia!IK AdWare/Win32.AdMedia not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.AdMedia

File RME-win-1.1.11.msi received on 2010.07.12 22:31:59 (UTC)
Current status: Loading ... queued waiting scanning finished NOT FOUND STOPPED
Result: 4/42 (9.53%)

It may or not be bundled with adware, but neither nod32 or malwarebytes detects it for me.

Here is a threatexpert report for anyone who wants to see what it does.
ThreatExpert Report: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.AdMedia.mk, not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.AdMedia

As I said before, if you get a virus warning, it is up to you, to trust that program or not.
BUT I can tell you RME is the most popular map editor.
That virus warning isn't a virus. as devianceone link said:
A potentially unwanted adware program designed to deliver various advertisements to the users' systems
- And as long as I have used this program (5-6 years?) I haven't got a single unwanted advertisement...

Back