• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New server list - OTServers.eu

Hey,

Neat idea what you're trying with voting but I don't think it will work personally it died in wow private server scene too. I hope I'm correct that your site is in early stages, if you want at least try to be successful serverlist you need something recognizable a logo or something to give the design a kick because everything is white and bland. Also the rows are huge what happens when you have 100-150 servers registered try to make it 50% smaller.

Edit
you could also try to add region flag near the thumb but whole OT community is bunch of crybabies and hate each others "omg its a damn br"

what we really need is a trusted serverlist that really checks and makes sure a server has real players. u see in alot of these oldschool servers they have really strong systems for spoofing, darkot and kasteria is two examples, there was in 1 thread where wille attacked some other server by logging in with 500 players instantly so just imagine what he can do on his own servers. u also can see zusckins doing this on real tibia on youtube but for other reasons (botting tons of characters)

if there was trusted otservlist then i believe more players would go and use that one since we are all sick of getting tricked to playing by these fake numbers

Hey,

Neat idea what you're trying with voting but I don't think it will work personally it died in wow private server scene too. I hope I'm correct that your site is in early stages, if you want at least try to be successful serverlist you need something recognizable a logo or something to give the design a kick because everything is white and bland. Also the rows are huge what happens when you have 100-150 servers registered try to make it 50% smaller.

Edit
you could also try to add region flag near the thumb but whole OT community is bunch of crybabies and hate each others "omg its a damn br"
I think the focus should be on the server list and not some fancy website logo. But yes, might not hurt to add some detail to it. When there is many servers the list just grows as you scroll down. Filtering will help to reduce the number and finding the server you are looking for. Not sure if the row size is too big. A previous poster thought it was too small. I will keep it as is for now but might change it in the future.

what we really need is a trusted serverlist that really checks and makes sure a server has real players. u see in alot of these oldschool servers they have really strong systems for spoofing, darkot and kasteria is two examples, there was in 1 thread where wille attacked some other server by logging in with 500 players instantly so just imagine what he can do on his own servers. u also can see zusckins doing this on real tibia on youtube but for other reasons (botting tons of characters)

if there was trusted otservlist then i believe more players would go and use that one since we are all sick of getting tricked to playing by these fake numbers
Doesn't the voting system solve this problem? I mean the online count can still be misleading. But at least players won't vote for a server that disappoints them.

Doesn't the voting system solve this problem? I mean the online count can still be misleading. But at least players won't vote for a server that disappoints them.
The voting system doesn't solve anything (imo) if you're getting rewarded for voting. Servers with big playerbases will still dominate the top of the serverlist.

You should create systems that can detect spoofs, there are numerous ways of doing so like crawling their online lists, comparing daily statistics and random changes in amount of players online.

The voting system doesn't solve anything (imo) if you're getting rewarded for voting. Servers with big playerbases will still dominate the top of the serverlist.

You should create systems that can detect spoofs, there are numerous ways of doing so like crawling their online lists, comparing daily statistics and random changes in amount of players online.

How would you implement such a system without it finding false positives? Also it would be easy to circumvent since the server can return whatever information it wants.

How would you implement such a system without it finding false positives?
That's why you have staff checking it out and confirming the data. You should never automatically ban.

Also it would be easy to circumvent since the server can return whatever information it wants.
Yes, but that will be noticeable. By simply looking at graphs with peak times and overall online players. If a server gives 500 players online via the query but the crawler only detects 100 characters on the onlinelist, there is probably something wrong. Creating crawlers for the most common AAC's isn't really that hard.

That's why you have staff checking it out and confirming the data. You should never automatically ban.
Then I could just add a "Report for spoofing" button.

Yes, but that will be noticeable. By simply looking at graphs with peak times and overall online players. If a server gives 500 players online via the query but the crawler only detects 100 characters on the onlinelist, there is probably something wrong. Creating crawlers for the most common AAC's isn't really that hard.
Those who actually want to spoof will soon find out and start spoofing the website as well.

But keeping statistics can definitely help and give further proof that a server actually was spoofing.

I think the best approach is to not use any data from the server, so not showing the amount of players online, just allow people to add a server and allow players to vote for it

Nice idea

I think the best approach is to not use any data from the server, so not showing the amount of players online, just allow people to add a server and allow players to vote for it

Nice idea
Yes, but I think a lot of people do judge a server by the amount of players. So if i remove it they will probably switch to a list that does display players online.

Yes, but I think a lot of people do judge a server by the amount of players. So if i remove it they will probably switch to a list that does display players online.
Well if you order by votes I guess people could understand that a server on the top of the list is active enough. Sadly I dont see this idea going anywhere since this community is pretty much dead

Well if you order by votes I guess people could understand that a server on the top of the list is active enough. Sadly I dont see this idea going anywhere since this community is pretty much dead
Yes it is less alive than it was, but still I think there are quite a few server owners on this forum. It's is up to the them if they want to make this site successful. If they add their server and try to make their players vote it will make all the difference since that will make players aware of the site as well.

PwCXVg0.png

There is now a "show server Yes/No switch" so the server doesn't show up on the list until you feel like you are done editing the banner or any other reason you might have.

Looking good. I really like the simple style of the website

It i not possible for anyone to add your server to the list. Before you add your server, a site verification file needs to be downloaded and added to your website. This is to make sure you are the real owner. All you have to do is to drop the file in the root directory of your website so it becomes available at example.com/[SITE VERIFICATION FILE]. Then you are able to add your server.

Back