• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion new subforum: old client tibia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmey

rr
Reaction score
a simple proposal:
a new subforum (by itself or possibly inside the already existing "tibia" subforum). the board would be used for all things old-tibia: development, discussion. advertisement of upcoming servers etc etc.

why?
because the mappers have their own forum, the scripters, programmers etc etc all have their own forum. (even cipsoft tibia players have their own forum.) the old-tibia community is still quite active so i doubt the board would be wasted. probably if you introduced it you could lure some of the board users of otfans.net who play/develop on older clients.

i don't see any harm in trying it anyway.

---
Trial thread about Old Client Tibia: http://otland.net/f251/old-tibia-discussion-120496/

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone has spoken before, the oldtibian players dont even look at the newtibians threads, and it happens in the other way.
Oldtibia, Newtibia, Futuretibia as someone said, are not the "same game" anymore.. there are different communitys, mentality and a WAY different gameplay.
If there was an special subforum, I really wouldnt even bother cheking other sections. hmm, maybe the tibiamovies thread by SammyNSC.
Thats why we "need" it, there is a selected comunity that only likes/have interesting on it.

Well, lets see what the staff decides.

I dont see why people who are not interested in old tibia vote no. This suggestion benefits both sides. People who are interested can easily find all threads they are interested in and people who are not can easily avoid them. As for the other arguement against which was that too many sub forums spread out threads and create empty sub forums, if you think about it that is actually a reason to give us this sub forum. Right now we have movies that only interests oldschoolers in multimedia, a old school project that only interests oldschoolers in swedish chat, discussion threads that only interests oldschoolers in discussions, old school support threads that are most of the time ignored by others and dug down to second page before oldschoolers reply in support and old school adverts that only interest old schoolers in advertisements. How is that for organised? The making of this sub forum would contribute to a cleaner and more organised forum.

Would be nice to listen to admins/mods arguements, and not just decision+closed thread

R.I.P SHUSHU!!!! who wanna go to his funeral?????!
Signed

__SSSS_____IIIII___GGGGGGGGG___NNN______NNN__EEEEEEEE___DDDDDDDDD____
SSS___SSS__IIIII___GG_____GG___NNNN______NN__EEE_________DD_______DD___
_SS_________IIII___GG__________NN__NN_____NN__EEE________DD________DD___
____SS______IIII___GG__________NN___NN____NN__EEEEEE_____DD________DD___
_______SSS__IIII___GG___GGGG___NN____NN__NN__EEE________DD________DD___
SSS__SSS___IIII___GG______GG___NN______NNNN__EEE________DD_______DD____
___SSSS____IIII____GGGGGGGGG___NN_______NNN__EEEEEEEEE__DDDDDDDD______

Last edited:
Signed. This is a very good idea, not only to the oldschool players but also for OTLand. You will gain more members, I suppose due to the activitly growing community, that is so called: the oldschool community. There are many people that won't make an account here or even be active, due to not having any intrest in OTLand simply because they're oldschool players, that only checks advertising threads incase an oldschool server has opened. Other than that, they won't use the forum. This is what most people do, I do not speak for everyone.

So, by adding some sub-forums for the old client players, you do not loose anything, just take a look at wasted forum space such as "forum games", People spamming nonsense in there to gain post counts, I rather see a oldschool subforum, than shit.

Excuse my language,

Fribben.

Signed. This is a very good idea, not only to the oldschool players but also for OTLand. You will gain more members, I suppose due to the activitly growing community, that is so called: the oldschool community. There are many people that won't make an account here or even be active, due to not having any intrest in OTLand simply because they're oldschool players, that only checks advertising threads incase an oldschool server has opened. Other than that, they won't use the forum. This is what most people do, I do not speak for everyone.

So, by adding some sub-forums for the old client players, you do not loose anything, just take a look at wasted forum space such as "forum games", People spamming nonsense in there to gain post counts, I rather see a oldschool subforum, than shit.

Excuse my language,

Fribben.

We kinda figured all that as well ;)

We are willing to open a new subforum for you, but we must know that there will be activity there.
You're signs don't really guarantee that. Our proposal is that you will create a thread (or maybe thre's one already) with discussion on the topic of oldschool Tibia.
It should tell us the real popularity of Old Tibia. However, we don't want artificial discussion there just to have many posts.

It's now your call, how you will show us the real need for this.

If this sub forum would open would we be allowed to post all kinds of old school stuff there? Advertisements? Movies (media)? Other than just discussions.

I can open the thread btw... Where at? Tibia or Discussions?

We are willing to open a new subforum for you, but we must know that there will be activity there.
You're signs don't really guarantee that. Our proposal is that you will create a thread (or maybe thre's one already) with discussion on the topic of oldschool Tibia.
It should tell us the real popularity of Old Tibia. However, we don't want artificial discussion there just to have many posts.

1st of will someone tell me if such a thread exists? ^^ (i don't understand his request entirely)

2nd of all i'd like to point out that such threads do already exist (but not in the official "prove" oldschool tibia is popular manner). look at the tibianic thread, valdora thread, real-war (this one is particularly interesting to the oldschool players as the developer is aiming to emulate tibia 7.4 exactly, and has almost succeeded). those are just advertisement threads, we also have a discussion thread on original-tibia which is still waiting to be launched, the owner is having trouble raising funds for a professional host (maybe the new sub-forum would be just the place to ask for such funds. we also had a mapping thread maybe 2 months ago, someone was mapping a 7.6 server and that thread got rather popular.

these are just some examples of threads that should prove that old-tibia is still discussed.

keep watching the thread decision-makers but also watch all the old-tibia advertisement threads ^^ don't forget about my proposal..

If this sub forum would open would we be allowed to post all kinds of old school stuff there? Advertisements? Movies (media)? Other than just discussions.

Not advertisements, that's for sure. Movies maybe, we will make it clear then.

Only a thread? Thats horrible :<

Now that tibianic and originaltibia are back up we need some sub section. To be honest i mostly check advertisement section of this forum and post in those threads there cause there is no point going anywhere else. This cip tibia is so shitty i cant stand to look at it. I dont care that 13year old want to ride horses and press sd hotkeys. THe people who want this sub forum played the old school cip versions which was years ago and are more mature(well most of them *danny*) than your average cip tibia players. All the other sections are flooded with CIP tibia talk and that is not what all of these people care about.

Only a thread? Thats horrible :<

Check the bold:

there would be.. but not the artificial kind i'm trying to create in that test thread to be honest ^^ don't think u can judge how active it would be in that thread

Any news for us? so many oldschool servers online at the minute, would be a perfect time to launch the sub forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back