• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion new subforum: old client tibia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmey

rr
Reaction score
a simple proposal:
a new subforum (by itself or possibly inside the already existing "tibia" subforum). the board would be used for all things old-tibia: development, discussion. advertisement of upcoming servers etc etc.

why?
because the mappers have their own forum, the scripters, programmers etc etc all have their own forum. (even cipsoft tibia players have their own forum.) the old-tibia community is still quite active so i doubt the board would be wasted. probably if you introduced it you could lure some of the board users of otfans.net who play/develop on older clients.

i don't see any harm in trying it anyway.

---
Trial thread about Old Client Tibia: http://otland.net/f251/old-tibia-discussion-120496/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just make it happend and make the OTland users happy. If the subforum ain't active you can just simply take it away?. how hard is it to just do it to test it out -.- lazy mods..

I don't think even global mods can add subforums.

Just make it happend and make the OTland users happy. If the subforum ain't active you can just simply take it away?. how hard is it to just do it to test it out -.- lazy mods..

Cuz apparently it's not easy to delete threads/posts. But why cant they just move all threads to discussion or something, and delete sub-forum then?

We can't make rapid decisions in such matters in order to avoid chaos and frustrated users complaining about removal of the new subforum.

We can't make rapid decisions in such matters in order to avoid chaos and frustrated users complaining about removal of the new subforum.

Let the Talaturen add it. and yes its very easy to add boards. If it goes bad just take it away. and If somone complain just tell as it is and ignore it. not much you can do. and tell we can do an 30 days month test and see how it goes. My thoughs is that that subforums is going to be the famous board ever on otland.

Why not just try it? It's not like its never been done before. Test it out and then after a period of time you can make a global poll to keep or remove the board, shouldn't be that hard.

Why not just try it? It's not like its never been done before. Test it out and then after a period of time you can make a global poll to keep or remove the board, shouldn't be that hard.

No need for a poll ^^ If its active, keep it. If its inactive, remove it.

Idd. but some people here doesn't even don't understand democratic! w/e

Idd. but some people here doesn't even don't understand democratic! w/e

lol? its just that you cant really have votes on something that doesnt affect everybody. In some cases its better to compare "arguements" and in the end admins have to decide for themselves anyways.

If everybody who play old Tibia vote yes and everybody who dont vote no, ofc we wont get a sub-forum. Better listen to arguements and see what is better decision.

Did you have time now to see enough people would use such a sub-forum?

yah it feels like the idea has been forgotten, has decision been spoken about or anything yet?

It's up to the admins now.

have they read this thread or the other one? haven't seen them post in either. anyway ye, it's a month since i made this proposal and even in that time old tibia has grown a lottt.

There is literally no point in not giving us a forum.

Pro's:
we'll get what we want!
you'll get rid of us and and the random old-school threads we make with our movies, discussions, arguements and advertisment! (ergo, you'll get what you want at the same time)

Con's:
I can't think of any, can you?

By the way, let me ask you this: what actual harm would opening a sub-forum for an active part of your community really do? There are several sub-forums that are not active at this moment. Let us have ours, and the day we no longer use it, shut it down? Isn't this what a forum is for? To give users separate compartments to talk about different topics?
Ours is old-school.

Signed. If nothing else, it will just separate oldschool/current stuff and make it easier for people to find what they're looking for.

@Mods decision: You can only test "activity" with a discussion thread. If you want to test what the content will be you have to actually make one. What is point for me to post some cams or screenshots for example if they are only visible on one page, nobody is gonna see them anyways. I'd post some tutorials, but again, what is point for me to do this when its only visible on one random page? Nobody will read them anyways except those few ppl who post on the same page. Not to mention, its completely impossible to keep normal discussions on several topics at the same time. If one guy think Valhalla.otserv.co is a great server and want to give it some attention he create Valhalla screenshot "thread" (in discussion thread) on next post another guy want to discuss other server like Realistic-war.no-ip.org and he is gonna start discuss this?

But organisation of otland forum is a mess anyways, maybe you have more important changes to make?
If you are interested in C++/source edits there are like 2-3 sub-forums to post in. All support sub-forums are just a mess in general. If you want to advertise your server there are 2 sub-forums to take a look at. But Old Tibia cant have 1? :/

But organisation of otland forum is a mess anyways, maybe you have more important changes to make?
If you are interested in C++/source edits there are like 2-3 sub-forums to post in. All support sub-forums are just a mess in general. If you want to advertise your server there are 2 sub-forums to take a look at. But Old Tibia cant have 1? :/

Where us the mess actually ?
Support boards are in perfect order, noone is reading old posts anyway, everyone starts his own thread. Advertisement is allowed only on one subforum.
Currently, it depends on administrators whether there will be new board or not and if it happens it will be together with next update, not earlier.

I meant the way that there are several sub-forums for the same thing. I always got better "support" in resources sub-forum. People "advertise" servers in both discussion and advertisements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back