• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion new subforum: old client tibia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmey

rr
Reaction score
a simple proposal:
a new subforum (by itself or possibly inside the already existing "tibia" subforum). the board would be used for all things old-tibia: development, discussion. advertisement of upcoming servers etc etc.

why?
because the mappers have their own forum, the scripters, programmers etc etc all have their own forum. (even cipsoft tibia players have their own forum.) the old-tibia community is still quite active so i doubt the board would be wasted. probably if you introduced it you could lure some of the board users of otfans.net who play/develop on older clients.

i don't see any harm in trying it anyway.

---
Trial thread about Old Client Tibia: http://otland.net/f251/old-tibia-discussion-120496/

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe only prefixes for old versions would be enough ?

Maybe only prefixes for old versions would be enough ?

It would be enough, but wouldn't that make the forum "tibia" disorganised? People talking and discussing new versions and old versions in one forum? A subforum would be more efficient.

Well it will just be an easier way to navigate when you are set to a different area in open tibia; in this case oldschool-tibia :p

I've some experience with Boards with too many forums/subforums - it's horrible. It is also hard to 'test' subforum. Either we create it or not (if it fails then we just delete all posts there ?).

or delete the board if it fails. it's only 1 more board and as you can see demand for it is popular.

I've some experience with Boards with too many forums/subforums - it's horrible. It is also hard to 'test' subforum. Either we create it or not (if it fails then we just delete all posts there ?).

With testing he just means implenting the board + drop it again when it fails. (as in to few people using it) But, honestly, think over it again - it does keep the forum nice and tidy + as said before; you could attract more people cause of it from other sites.

I dont prefer advertisement being done there though, keep it in the normal ad forum.

Bad idea. Look how much there is posted now. If you would posts most then it would be created if it is needed. Now it isn't needed. If you can't see the difference between old and new, try to read the threads first.

Bad idea. Look how much there is posted now. If you would posts most then it would be created if it is needed. Now it isn't needed. If you can't see the difference between old and new, try to read the threads first.

You........ make no sence.... :/

There is no needing for a new forum about old tibia... It is possible to add prefixes to mark what kind of post it will be, also you can add tags to your thread.

But still, there is no needing to make a prefix... maybe for worlds? but not for versions... just use tags.

well all mods disagree so far and i imagine 3 mods outweigh 15 regular ppl.

maybe small art/large art/mapping showoff should become one large art forum? also maybe sports, games, multimedia should just merge with chit-chat? do you get my point?

in some peoples eyes it's "pointless" or not needed. but in the eyes of the old school players/developers it is needed (and desired). when we look at "small art" sub-forum we think it's pointless.

honestly, i dont want the sub-forum to benefit otland.net but to benefit the old tibia community. (it would not be pointless to us).

well all mods disagree so far and i imagine 3 mods outweigh 15 regular ppl.
maybe small art/large art/mapping showoff should become one large art forum? also maybe sports, games, multimedia should just merge with chit-chat? do you get my point?
in some peoples eyes it's "pointless" or not needed. but in the eyes of the old school players/developers it is needed (and desired). when we look at "small art" sub-forum we think it's pointless.
honestly, i dont want the sub-forum to benefit otland.net but to benefit the old tibia community. (it would not be pointless to us).

OMG why people made so large posts... well you made a valid point for all the members here so I'm going to answer you before someone "signs" this post.

Lets talk about the difference of what you are saying and the real things... small/large and mapping showoff are not all large art... as sport, games and multimedia are not chit chat, so obviously you can't merge them all because they are not the same thing...

But Tibia, old tibia, future tibia, tibia today, tibia tomorrow, guess what? it is still tibia.

Staff Annual Meeting has taken over the suggestion now, and we will decide shortly.

ok. did i mention how much i love poland? =))

mexico is nice too

@wyzr@ it was a point, maybe not very accurate but it was simply to convey my point which was -> to some non-oldschool players/developers it seems pointless but to ALL of the oldschool player/developers it's a great idea.

we want our own spot and you will not silence us!1111111111

will you reply here whenever you've decided?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back