• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion new subforum: old client tibia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmey

rr
Reaction score
a simple proposal:
a new subforum (by itself or possibly inside the already existing "tibia" subforum). the board would be used for all things old-tibia: development, discussion. advertisement of upcoming servers etc etc.

why?
because the mappers have their own forum, the scripters, programmers etc etc all have their own forum. (even cipsoft tibia players have their own forum.) the old-tibia community is still quite active so i doubt the board would be wasted. probably if you introduced it you could lure some of the board users of otfans.net who play/develop on older clients.

i don't see any harm in trying it anyway.

---
Trial thread about Old Client Tibia: http://otland.net/f251/old-tibia-discussion-120496/

Last edited by a moderator:
Singed

I totally agree, Lets see, we got like 2-3k Online players In oldschool ots, Yes we do need a forum for ourselfs!!
Every Oldshcool player, Support :p

I dont think the old school community is big enough yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
No thanks, just because you prefer a old client doesn't mean you deserve a forum. There is already a 'Tibia' section which is pretty dead, just make a thread for it.

Doesn't Discussion board cover all Tibia versions ?

Good idea. New and old Tibia are like two different games so people never look for both in discussion, development, projects etc. A sub forum would collect threads for those who are interested and keep them away from the rest. And @ comment above me: I say old Tibia get their own forum and new Tibia fans post in tibia.com.

If this idea is accepted I think this sub forum should use prefix rather than more sub forums.

[server] = adverts
[project]
[mapping]
[media] = pics and movies

More? In different colours.

don't start flame-war or thread will probably get closed shushu ;p

@talaturen@ come on, you know you want to make all these people happy ^^

@don daniello@ yeah it could of course and there'd be no problems. my point is that old tibia is like a different game to new tibia and therefore it should be kept seperate from new tibia in the forum (imo). whenever someone makes a new thread in any board about old tibia (supprt/discussion etc) they have to make it clear that it's "7.4, 7.6 etc". and even then most of the old tibia 'community' would miss it. this just makes things easier for us, and easier for new tibia players/developers who don't want to read threads about old tibia when they're looking for answers about their own, more popular client version.

no harm in trying it even in a trial basis? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not to mention there a countless of dead forums in the native language section. Lets just give it a try!

thx 4 all support xd

just gotta wait for talaturen's verdict i guess, just like to reiterate that there's no harm in testing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back