• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[NL] [10.98] Dolport Challenges

Server Website/AAC
http://dolport-challenges.ddns.net/
Server Address
dolport-challenges.ddns.net
Server Port
Client Protocol

Raikou

Solutions
Reaction score
Dolport Challenges

17A3IGn.jpg

Dolport Challenges is a small server where the whole map is custom made.
The standard 10.98 client is usable, but the best performance will be with Dolport's own client.
Dolport Challenges is meant to be, for people seeking new places that are yet to be explored.
The inhabitants of Dolport will provide you with all you need.
Even just a normal guard can give you some hints and clues.
This server is not an easy to level server, it's made to keep even the lower levels challenging!
You'll start out as a level 8 straight out of rook. From here on it's up to you what you will face...

Zj0RsYA.png

To make it a little bit easier for the greenhorns, here is how the starting area's layout is.
Advised is to start with a troll task from Corporal Dowser.

For more information you can always use the website and/or join the Discord group.
Website: Latest News - Dolports Challenges (http://dolport-challenges.ddns.net)
Port: 7171
Discord: Join the Dolport Challenges Discord Server! (https://discord.gg/TnFmqtF)

ndII5Oh.png

Currently there is:
  • 3 Cities
  • Hunting grounds from level 8 to 250
  • Hunting Force (Killing in the name of...)
  • 11 unique quest lines some with a boss
  • Critical hit, Life leech, Mana leech gained by quests
  • Several raids with unique creatures
  • NPC Shop & Player Market
  • Free premium (But that should be normal right?)
  • Bank system
  • Mapmarks (given by Brevan)
  • Mapviewer (check on the website where each npc or monster is)
  • 9 Obtainable mounts this is becoming more of course
  • Obtainable outfits in-game
  • Custom addons system
  • 5 Custom spells
  • Quite some quest boxes scattered around
  • Newbie protection till level 10, cause well it's all new for everyone
  • Autoloot system (turned off)
  • Lootlist (turned off)
  • Crafting and Alchemy
  • Unsolved mysteries
  • And more to come

The server is updated frequently

The rates are:
  • Exp Rate: from x5 to x2 at 100
  • Magic Level: x2
  • Skills: x3
  • Loot: x2

Kn2aZLx.png

Last edited by a moderator:
But why u have bot built in to server like this :D
It shouldn't be, sadly it was left behind. It's standard in the otclientv8.
I have removed these files now, so it shouldn't come standard with a bot.

I`ll make some other adjustment later to avoid botting.

The latest addition to the map is an interesting stone golem spawn.
As you can see the stone golems are not alone!

3V1d1UY.jpg

And below the stone golem spawn there is a bigger Wyrm spawn. Happy hunting over there.

n5yfqd2.jpg

Curious about a bigger view of the spawn check the spoiler below:
unknown.png

Map update
Northeast of Dolport now is a minotaur spawn added.
So get your minotaur task from Corporal Dowser and start hunting some pesky minotaurs.
G91gJaH.jpg

Map update: Undead cave
We all knew it would happen, the question wasn't 'if', but whén they would make there introduction.
Well as of today undead start to dwell in the lands of Dolport. They have been sighted south of Dolport.

Undead cave

Website update: Custom spells page
The website has now the custom spells page which will hold all the custom spells that are in the game.

Custom Spells

One of the custom spells for Paladin shown below:
JnUtFyr.gif

Map update: The Bloodcrypt

Underneath the undead cave, there has been found a crypt.
All kind of creatures seem to get attracted to this area, and they got quite some interest in blood.

Zgq2MGL.png

The Bloodcrypt is also famous for the bosses that can spawn in this area.
Some of them just by a normal raid others need to be triggered.

TuiUvR3.jpg

Map update: Morgoth Steppe

To the east of Dolport can be found a new area called the Morgoth Steppe.
It's home to several gnarlhounds and some sandcrawlers.

FWfMclq.jpg

Furthermore Dolport welcomed Mugruu, an outcast of the Morgoth clan.
According to him his old clan is still hiding under the Morgoth Steppe,
our investigators came back with reports that Ogres indeed are to be found under the Morgoth Steppe.

1vyWSY1.png

Lot's of things are still unknown and our scouts are doing there best to get all the information we can get.
If you feel strong enough, talk with Corporal Dowser she might have a task for you in the Morgoth Steppe.

Map update: Orc Settlement

North east from Dolport some orcs made their home. They are green, mean and fearless.

JcUni41.png

The settlement was created by one of the players on Dolport Challenges.
It looks nice and has been only adjusted a bit to fit the style Dolport has currently.

Furthermore there have been some small additions to the map as well,
you will find these along the way while you are adventuring the unexplored.

TVBgAHE.png

Map update: Research Factory

As of today a new area is playable, this time it's the research factory.

IGX65Gm.jpg

In this research area they've been testing on several creatures making them mutate.
Alfy seems to know more about this and the story behind it all.

F3KIXUc.jpg

Dolport: Research factory

Dear Raikou,

The map pieces are looking very good in my opinion :)
One small tip would be trashing the floors here and there. Such as the vampire place, drop skulls, bones etc... make it like they have consumed people. Orcs, make it one big mess with food, fabrics etc... You're too shy in trashing the floor. It would look more natural if such places are trashed.

Sincerely,
Ralumbi(Caleb)

Dear Raikou,

The map pieces are looking very good in my opinion :)
One small tip would be trashing the floors here and there. Such as the vampire place, drop skulls, bones etc... make it like they have consumed people. Orcs, make it one big mess with food, fabrics etc... You're too shy in trashing the floor. It would look more natural if such places are trashed.

Sincerely,
Ralumbi(Caleb)
Hello Caleb,

Thank you for your feedback, I've had this internal struggle about "trashing" the places.
Personally I don't really like it to be "over trashed", but i`ll see if I can adjust the amount a bit up.

Global update: New backend, autoloot and new areas to explore

As of today the server is updated to it's new backend.
With this several functions can finally come to life. Such as:

• Life leech
  • Mana leech
  • Critical hits
  • Advanced autoloot
The technical details will be spared to you, but for now it all looks awesome.

aeGYAPK.png

More information about the Autoloot functionality can be found on the autoloot page.

Furthermore this update comes with some new places to explore. An area with all kind of insectoids has been added. This area is involved in a quest, Kovas knows more about this. You can find him at the westgate of Dolport.

XTCbqXG.jpg

Besides the Insectoids, Demons have finally entered the realm.
So keep an eye out when you wander around in the new areas you are going to explore.

ndII5Oh.png

For Druids we have added a spell in line as with the other vocations to make it more balanced.
Last but not least our client files have been updated so grab the latest version from the website.

You can find them here.

Joined this server 2 days ago, features I noticed:
  • nice designed custom map (small, but content packed)
  • no p2w shop or even premium
  • a few quest lines
GM Syndru is online everyday, so you can ask him for help or give him suggestions, that will help to change server for the better.

Of course there are plenty of things to improve like adding more content (quests, map) or tweaking task system. For now it's small rpg focused server perfect for chillout.

Joined this server 2 days ago, features I noticed:
  • nice designed custom map (small, but content packed)
  • no p2w shop or even premium
  • a few quest lines
GM Syndru is online everyday, so you can ask him for help or give him suggestions, that will help to change server for the better.

Of course there are plenty of things to improve like adding more content (quests, map) or tweaking task system. For now it's small rpg focused server perfect for chillout.

Thank you @wild345 for the kind words, it is indeed intended as you say it is.
Small yet in that small area lot's of things to do.
Obvious no p2w shop or premium. It's about fun and the challenge to achieve your goal not to pay your way to that goal.
Quest lines are indeed a few but will get more and more eventually. :)

Currently there are 8 quest lines, but i`ll focus more on that more and more eventually.
Which include also 1 quest line that does not include NPC's but just the normal quest boxes spread around the world
There are still some quest lines that nobody finished or even started, but that might be because of their levels :)

Last edited:
I really like the approach you are taking with this project. So many servers are either not being published because they are hesitating to go live without a super large and custom map and an immense amount of custom features or are RlMap/TP servers with some dl&run datapack with tons of errors and the owners don't really know their server. Nothing wrong with starting out small and steadily updating. Keeps things interesting and if there is only a small player count it will only need few resources to be kept online. Stability is another thing ppl love so keep going :) Also remember it's not important to get everything right at the first time. Success is born from past mistakes.

Kind regards,
Damon

I really like the approach you are taking with this project. So many servers are either not being published because they are hesitating to go live without a super large and custom map and an immense amount of custom features or are RlMap/TP servers with some dl&run datapack with tons of errors and the owners don't really know their server. Nothing wrong with starting out small and steadily updating. Keeps things interesting and if there is only a small player count it will only need few resources to be kept online. Stability is another thing ppl love so keep going :) Also remember it's not important to get everything right at the first time. Success is born from past mistakes.

Kind regards,
Damon
Thanks for the kind words. I'll do my best to keep improving.

I dig the concept of the server, but it's not custom enough for my enjoyment. The custom map and quests seem cool, but if you are fighting the same monsters and collecting the same items I've seen 1000x times then the excitement is diminished by 90%. Just something to considering when adding more content!

I dig the concept of the server, but it's not custom enough for my enjoyment. The custom map and quests seem cool, but if you are fighting the same monsters and collecting the same items I've seen 1000x times then the excitement is diminished by 90%. Just something to considering when adding more content!
I understand your feelings, sadly I'm not able to make custom sprites/graphics since that's just outside my league, or I would but it's so bad that you turn instantly blind. So my custom stuff will be graphically the same as they are from RL tibia. I do have custom monsters but with known sprites.
I hope you can find your kind of server as well.
Anyway thanks for the feedback. :)

You have been around for a long time, mate. We both have. I always was happy about your feedback regarding my Damonia server back then. I also think your feedback is always quite helpful and beneficial to the projects you comment on. Unfortunately, you have already seen a lot of servers and while I can understand your hunger for custom sprites etc., only few projects will go that extra mile. Not to say there aren't any. For me, however, I have never felt the urge for different sprites. When I play OTS, I play it because I want to see that I am playing Tibia and because I like that kinda of art style, play style. Custom maps/features I don't mind though. When I want smth that looks and plays entirely different I'd usually just play some other game. This way, when I play an OTS it's just like going back in time with my retro glasses to have fun for a couple of weeks. Then go play other games.
That's just me though haha!

Take care mate! :)

Kind regards,
Damon

Back