• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[NL] [10.98] Dolport Challenges

Server Website/AAC
http://dolport-challenges.ddns.net/
Server Address
dolport-challenges.ddns.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
Going to check the server out, but just an FYI, the first link for the download isn't working.

Megaupload still works, thankfully.

Also, Sorcerer's don't get the 10 brown mushrooms that others do when first logging in. Not a big deal, just figured I'd point it out.

Liking the looks of the server so far, but I'll have to come back to it later once I have more time to play. :)

Regards,
Cody
I just checked I made a small mistake, it should be zip instead of rar I'll change it tonight when I'm home. Thanks for the heads up.
The first LINK is now fixed as well.

Last edited:
Update: Coldfrost

As you might have noticed there haven't been some map updates for a while.
This doesn't mean nothing has been done. Currently a whole new island is being under development.

UeiN2C1.png

The name of this island is Coldfrost, this place as it's in the name is really cold.
Since it's a bit of a bigger project I'll keep you updated here on it's progress.

Progress Island Coldfrost:
  • Create the general layout of the island
  • Setup a city within the theme
  • Houses (50% done)
  • Populate it with NPC's
  • Chakoya spawn
  • Mammoth spawn
  • Ice golem spawn
  • Barbarian spawn
  • Ice witch tower
  • Crystal spiders spawn
  • Frost dragons spawn
  • Unique Frost giants spawn
  • Bosses
  • Main questline (outfit)
  • 2-3 side quests
  • Special travel system
  • ???
ISB6v7e.jpg

Map update: Coldfrost

As many of you know by now this map update will be all about Coldfrost, the island in the north.
Since today this new island will be available. Here will be a lot of snow and new adventures.

g1S7NAN.png

New things including in this update are a new travelsystem that can be unlocked
It's a rather easy way to get around, the only thing is, you do need some fish!

iPkNEhV.png

There is a new daily boss every player can fight against, furthermore there are 2 more bosses that spawn randomly as a raid. At last there are also 2 more bosses obtainable via the hunting force tasks.

Of course there are new creatures in this area as well for example:

latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

And of course there are more creatures but you will have to find out yourself at Coldfrost.
You also might want to visit the chief of Coldfrost, he has some scouting tasks for you at hand.

vbxz247.png

Ah yes almost forgot about it but there for now 2 new mounts obtainable and of course the norseman/woman outfit is also obtainable.

See you all in Coldfrost and remember to wear some warm clothes!

Update: Alchemy

Added Alchemy to the server, with this players are able to refine a few extra items. Currently these are only needed in outfit quests, but later on these will be added for crafting in new weapons/armors.

Raw materials
Raw itemTypeRefined item
latest
Giant sword(1)
Forge
latest
huge chunk of crude iron
latest
Devil helmet(1)
Forge
latest
piece of hell steel
latest
Dragon shield(1)
Forge
latest
piece of draconian steel
latest
Crown armor(1)
Forge
latest
piece of royal steel
latest
Royal helmet(2)
Alchemy
latest
spirit container
latest
Fire swords(3)
Alchemy
latest
magic sulphur
latest
Warrior helmets(3)
Alchemy
latest
flask of warrior's sweat
latest
Boots of haste(1)
Alchemy
latest
enchanted chicken wing

JIzxfj3.png

Outfits, addons and mounts
Furthermore the website shows now all obtainable outfits, addons and mounts.
You can also see which NPC knows more about the outfit and/or addon.

Map and map viewer
Last but not least the map and the map viewer are updated to the latest update as well.
17A3IGn.jpg

Dolport Challenges

17A3IGn.jpg

Dolport Challenges is a small server where the whole map is custom made.
The standard 10.98 client is usable, but the best performance will be with Dolport's own client.
Dolport Challenges is meant to be, for people seeking new places that are yet to be explored.
The inhabitants of Dolport will provide you with all you need.
Even just a normal guard can give you some hints and clues.
This server is not an easy to level server, it's made to keep even the lower levels challenging!
You'll start out as a level 8 straight out of rook. From here on it's up to you what you will face...

Zj0RsYA.png

To make it a little bit easier for the greenhorns, here is how the starting area's layout is.
Advised is to start with a troll task from Corporal Dowser.

For more information you can always use the website and/or join the Discord group.
Website: Latest News - Dolports Challenges (http://dolport-challenges.ddns.net)
Port: 7171
Discord: Join the Dolport Challenges Discord Server! (https://discord.gg/TnFmqtF)

ndII5Oh.png

Currently there is:
  • 3 Cities
  • Hunting grounds from level 8 to 250
  • Hunting Force (Killing in the name of...)
  • 11 unique quest lines some with a boss
  • Critical hit, Life leech, Mana leech gained by quests
  • Several raids with unique creatures
  • NPC Shop & Player Market
  • Free premium (But that should be normal right?)
  • Bank system
  • Mapmarks (given by Brevan)
  • Mapviewer (check on the website where each npc or monster is)
  • 9 Obtainable mounts this is becoming more of course
  • Obtainable outfits in-game
  • Custom addons system
  • 5 Custom spells
  • Quite some quest boxes scattered around
  • Newbie protection till level 10, cause well it's all new for everyone
  • Autoloot system
  • Lootlist
  • Crafting and Alchemy
  • Unsolved mysteries
  • And more to come

The server is updated frequently

The rates are:
  • Exp Rate: from x5 to x2 at 100
  • Magic Level: x2
  • Skills: x3
  • Loot: x2

Kn2aZLx.png

Last edited:
The server is back on line again.
There will be a whole new engine in the back (from otx to latest tfs).
Currently adding new features as well like race specific drops. These are very rare and have special bonus stats.

The server is back on line again.
Currently adding new features as well like race specific drops. These are very rare and have special bonus stats.
Can you expand a bit more on what those 2 points?

Can you expand a bit more on what those 2 points?
Yes I can.

Currently the server is running on an older engine which is otx.
I want the server to be more up to date, so new features can be added easier.

This is basically a new feature that is not implemented on the live server, but something I'm testing with (using THIS system).
The idea is that several races have their own special version of a certain weapon.
Each version has 3 tiers. See Troll hand axe example below:

Code:
23:35 Loot of a troll: leather boots, 12 gold coins, a troll hand axe (Rare)
23:35 Loot of a troll: a wooden shield, a gold coin, a troll hand axe (Legendary)
23:35 Loot of a troll: a hand axe, a troll hand axe (Unique)

Rare
23:36 You see a troll hand axe (Rare) (Atk:16, Def:9 +1).
It weighs 18.00 oz.
A rare hand axe, once used by a troll leader.
Level Required: 10
Unique
23:36 You see a troll hand axe (Unique) (Atk:17, Def:9 +1).
It weighs 18.00 oz.
An unique hand axe, once used by a famous troll leader.
Legendary
23:36 You see a troll hand axe (Legendary) (Atk:18, Def:9 +1).
It weighs 18.00 oz.
A legendary hand axe, once used by a troll legend.

Ahh that's cool, so like a fire sword dropped by a dragon lord will be different than one dropped by a hero?

Ahh that's cool, so like a fire sword dropped by a dragon lord will be different than one dropped by a hero?
Fire sword like normal drop would still exist, but there are 3 additional tiers of that sword with their own benefits.
But like I said before, it's something I'm still working on. :)

The mechanism/system behind it basically already works, now I'm deciding on what races I'll apply the extra tier drops.
I don't want to make them to overpowered as well. So some balancing will be needed as well.

Last time I was playing this server I did enjoy it big time. So once again I will play on this server. To everyone that didn't decided to play yet do create an account and play this server I really recommend it😁

Goodevening everyone,

With this update I'm letting you guys know there is a new client for Dolport.
This client, as was the last, otclientV8 with ofcourse the latest version i could find.

Further more the new client has an option to sign in on the test server, this server is a copy of the live database from today(3-9-2021) around 17:00. In this server you guys can test the new features that are added and of course see how the new engine in the back (TFS1.3) is performing.
ralke48-png.59537

Since we got a new client, this also means there is a new Android client as well.
You can download it from here or the download page.

In the testserver a few new features are enabled, there is for example a different way for the autolooter.
Use the command !autoloot to read more about it.
Furthermore there will be a certain set of creature drops that can be rare, unique or legendary. These items are stronger versions of the known weapons. Of course since it's in the name these items will be dropping at a very low rate.
W2PCjv1.png

Been playing this server for about 2 weeks now, and I've had a blast so far.

The map is quite small, but with the density of things it fits nicely with a small server. There's never a long walk till the spots you want to hunt at.GM is quite active, handles thing straight away if you experience bugs/issues and not waiting untill some update in the unforeseen future.
The population is low, but you don't need a huge population to enjoy the server a lot. There are several questlines you can get started on and if you got a friend or two, party exp will boost you nicely in exp.

Where the EXP-rates are fine, the loot-rate is a bit to low. We are scraping our bankaccounts before every hunt, never rly getting anywhere cash-wise as of yet. Something that should be looked at. I do not believe there is a need for a huge boost, but +0.3 or +0.4 would make the hunts profit a bit more than just breaking even if we get a rare drop, and it would make it a lot more fun.

Lvl's are to low for EK's to shine. But when the content so far is only going up to 200-250. You will never rly catch up before its over. You are mostly depending on teamhunt to make great exp without wasting every penny you own or have to go silly no fun mobs.

We did DHQ today, easier version than RL quest. But also targeted for lower levels as we managed it nicely with lvl 80 EK and 87 ED. Made it just in time to get demolished by the 4man-teamboss right afterwards.

Small server, huge potential. Great GM/Owner, I expect the server to evolve a lot in the near future, and one day we'll get that teamboss down to.

Highly recommend the server if you want a Low-rate chill server without to much buzz :D

~Hviles

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

The last days I've been busy working on some changes, with the biggest change of course the engine change from OTX to TFS.
Further more I added several other things:
  • A new football field in Coldfrost
  • Race specific equipment (Page for this will be added)
  • New autoloot system
  • A proper working boss reward mechanic
  • Several bugfixes that were bound to follow after the transition to TFS as well
GtzW6RM.png

Besides these, there have also been some other changes. These are mostly focused on new(er) players.
Which are the following:
  • Knights
    Starts now with 30 weapon skill and 30 shield skill (instead of 10)
    The health regain changed from 5 to 7 per 3 seconds
    The mana regain stayed the same with 5 per 6 seconds
  • Paladins
    Starts now with 30 distance skill and 30 shield skill (instead of 10)
    The health regain changed from 5 to 6 per 4 seconds
    The mana regain changed from 5 to 6 per 4 seconds
  • Druids
    Starts now with magic level 10 and 15 shield skill(instead of 0 and 10)
    The mana regain changed from 5 to 7 per 3 seconds
    The health regain stayed the same with 5 per 6 seconds
  • Sorcerers
    Starts now with magic level 10 and 15 shield skill(instead of 0 and 10)
    The mana regain changed from 5 to 7 per 3 seconds
    The health regain stayed the same with 5 per 6 seconds
For promoted vocations the values have stayed the same.

With these changes, I hope the waste will be less in the beginning and therefor the profit can be more.

Look Like Alot of fun :eek: prolly do alot of offline training during the week since i work 50 hours and my only off days are saturdays and sundays zzzzzz

Last edited:
Because of a server crash last night, there has been some loss in progress for some characters. To make up for it today there will be boosted rates, which means as followed:
  • Experience rate x2
  • Skill rate x2
  • Magic lvl rate x2
  • Loot rate x2
I'm really sorry for the inconvenience that the server crash has caused to the players.

Good day Adventurers,

BXxxj6p.png

Today's update will bring a new functionality, this is gathering.
For now there are 2 types of gathering, these are Wood chopping and Mining.

You will need an Axe or Pick to gather the trees or rocks.
Currently there are 2 types of trees that can be chopped; Birch and Fir trees.
The materials you gather can be used later on for various occasions. Think of mounts, creating armor/weapons, quests or outfits.
It is important to download the latest client, you can do that at the download section.

HJRlL1t.jpg

Happy gathering!

Gathering

In and around Dolport there are all kind of resources that are able to be gathered.
Of course some resources are a bit more rare than others and are not easy to gather.
While gathering you will also increase your own critical abilities. It is said that you can increase your crit chance and damage up to 10 points!

The people in Dolport also need more and more resources and materials for their everyday life, so the resources you gather can mostly be sold to the NPC's. NPC's like Viola, Sykes and Bartex are a few of the merchants who for sure are interested. Besides selling the resources some are needed in quests, outfits or even mounts. Most famous would be the fir cone for the white deer.

Here is a list of gatherable resources which you can find around the world:

9UrRutf.png

website you gave in this thread does not work, you need to edit it
that one you have under your posts works (in your comment section)

website you gave in this thread does not work, you need to edit it
that one you have under your posts works (in your comment section)
You are right, I added that hostname as well, both will direct you to the same website now.

Back