• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

No Exp (Certain Zone/Creatures)

Loney

#!
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi OTLand,
I was wondering to create a quest with a lot of monsters, but i want to know one thing:
Is possible to add to certain creatures, or well, in the AREA, the creatures give no exp?.

That's it,
Thanks in advance,
Loney.

I'm not sure of a script which will make an area of no exp. But then you'll need to add all tiles. Which is almost the same amount of work as creating new monsters which looks exactly the same as others, but that the give 0 exp. Just copy the monster file and change the name and add it to monsters.xml. That is the solution I would've used. Probably not the smartest one, but it's working.

I'm afraid I can't help you to create such a script, since I'm not any pro-scripter. My recommendation would be that you editing the monsters.

Kind Regards,

You could try setting the experience rate temporarly to zero.

or

You do a source edit and add a boolean variable in the player class like receiveExperience (default: true) and a lua function to set it.
Then where the player gets exp you check if it is true.

Thanks, i've created custom monsters to the area like R3ignlasting say, anyways thanks for the helping and rep to all.

Back